Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

Trio PVP tribes have proven to be very popular with unofficial severs recently. I think it would be great to see some 3 man tribes, this would be similar to small tribes but no so much playing  with a "tribe" but more just playing with your friends. Rates could be similar to small tribes or slightly more boosted and i think a large number of people would really enjoy those types of servers.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A good place to take your ideas for new PvP servers is MTS unofficial. They are doing such a great job it's so much fun, even if you don't have that much time to play. I feel like a total offline protection is not fun for PvP. It should just be slot harder to raid someone when offline but not imposible. They have it so you get increased turret damage and increased structure HP as an offline protection which is just genius. Also you should make smaller tribe servers, trio is a good size imo. These server will bring back so many player's. Just look at the MTS server success.

Also no manas or Titans will help out alot.

Some no flier servers are a good idea aswell

NO PVP SERVERS UNLESS YOU SHUT DOWN PVP SERVERS.  Don't shut down a pve and replace it with a pvp !!!!!!!!!!!!

No Beginner servers.  Speaking from much experience on Official Beginner.  Thought they would be a newbie zone help get you acquainted with Ark Multiplayer.  It was the hardest thing I have even done.  Regular non-capped servers are SO MUCH EASIER than level capped beginner.  Calling it beginner is deceptive making one believe it is easier.  But the level cap makes it close to impossible to learn how to play ark.  It is not a good trial test zone.  It is flat out cruel.  All beginner servers should be shut down along with the legacy servers.

MORE CLUSTER GROUPS PLZ.  Cluster it all.  Can never get enough cluster.  Eat, drink, and dream of clusters.

6 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Having played both modes PvP and PvE. Everything WC do is PvP oriented. This is why PvE wants to be distant from PvP changes.

Recently wildcard have been doing a good job of cleaning up PVP problems, but these issues should have been fixed a long time ago. Meshing has been around for years and was ignored for years, instead Wildcard were busy making changes to Dino models and adding Easter events where you can tame colorful dinosaurs and make fancy costumes. I don't care what you say about that it's not PVP orientated. Have you ever seen the developers stream new parts of their game? They are only playing pve. RECENT changes have been PVP orientated but these have been game breaking glitches that have been overlooked for years. Its not just me that thinks this, in fact everyone that I have spoke to in the PVP community feels the same way. To be clear I'm not trying to throw dirt on pve players or wildcard here, just making an attempt to express my opinion form my point of view for the better of the game.  

2 minutes ago, Jemcrystal said:

NO PVP SERVERS UNLESS YOU SHUT DOWN PVP SERVERS.  Don't shut down a pve and replace it with a pvp !!!!!!!!!!!!

No Beginner servers.  Speaking from much experience on Official Beginner.  Thought they would be a newbie zone help get you acquainted with Ark Multiplayer.  It was the hardest thing I have even done.  Regular non-capped servers are SO MUCH EASIER than level capped beginner.  Calling it beginner is deceptive making one believe it is easier.  But the level cap makes it close to impossible to learn how to play ark.  It is not a good trial test zone.  It is flat out cruel.  All beginner servers should be shut down along with the legacy servers.

Second that.

Beginners need same rules but less hostility, less wild dinos and so on.

9 minutes ago, MetaBox said:

A good place to take your ideas for new PvP servers is MTS unofficial. They are doing such a great job it's so much fun, even if you don't have that much time to play. I feel like a total offline protection is not fun for PvP. It should just be slot harder to raid someone when offline but not imposible. They have it so you get increased turret damage and increased structure HP as an offline protection which is just genius. Also you should make smaller tribe servers, trio is a good size imo. These server will bring back so many player's. Just look at the MTS server success.

Also no manas or Titans will help out alot.

Some no flier servers are a good idea aswell

I do agree with you here. No flier servers have been seen before and while yes they were popular as first they were quick to die down. I think adding new "no flier" severs could be a mistake but as time has moved on they may may or may not be a good idea. 

2 minutes ago, Kelv46 said:

Recently wildcard have been doing a good job of cleaning up PVP problems, but these issues should have been fixed a long time ago. Meshing has been around for years and was ignored for years, instead Wildcard were busy making changes to Dino models and adding Easter events where you can tame colorful dinosaurs and make fancy costumes. I don't care what you say about that it's not PVP orientated. Have you ever seen the developers stream new parts of their game? They are only playing pve. RECENT changes have been PVP orientated but these have been game breaking glitches that have been overlooked for years. Its not just me that thinks this, in fact everyone that I have spoke to in the PVP community feels the same way. To be clear I'm not trying to throw dirt on pve players or wildcard here, just making an attempt to express my opinion form my point of view for the better of the game.  

I also want to make the game more exciting. More to the point make official more exciting.

Higher rates, tribe changes, flyer speeds and the long range of nerfed pvp dinos. Can all be fixed on unofficials. But never be undone for official pve.

2 minutes ago, ArianaGaming said:

Second that.

Beginners need same rules but less hostility, less wild dinos and so on.

Honestly beginners are going to get a shock if they start on beginners servers or not. Whats to stop people with plenty of experience going to these severs? On PVP severs its a harsh game and beginners will have to used to it.

8 minutes ago, Kelv46 said:

Honestly beginners are going to get a shock if they start on beginners servers or not. Whats to stop people with plenty of experience going to these severs? On PVP severs its a harsh game and beginners will have to used to it.

Beginners are just for starting more easier (cuz it is always reset) than any official servers where tribes are already on and good to wipe everyone. That just give you a chance, and easier way as possible, that's all. If you just start ARK in general you will not go in pvp anyways :'). If things are hard, it's because a lot of people like that, and i am a part of them :D

11 minutes ago, Kelv46 said:

I think we all want less player traps. Player traps like legacy  (can be all gone tomorrow ).

Player traps like beginner servers ( super hard).

Player traps like pvp orp (can not progress since cluster).

I could go on

19 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I think a taming only, no breeding mode could be interesting for both PvP and PvE

Hmm, that's close to an idea I had. No supply drops, just cave crates. No blueprints, just items. *And no-bonus-level taming or addt'l levels, the level you tame is the level you get.* You can still breed the dinos tho, so you've got the core good mechanics.

I call this the "No Monty Haul" approach, because the default game mode is complete Monty Haul, only slowed by the leveling system keeping you from opening supply crates. That's like opening a water faucet full on and then taping a piece of cardboard over it. You could accomplish the same in a far more graceful manner by just not opening it that far. 

This post honestly breaks my heart. I originally joined legacy because offical was so laggy I couldn't even move around. Not only that the official community is toxic. Legacy players are small nit but a tight group and I think it would be unwise to take us down. We have put countless hours in playing the game like everyone else. I think you would lose a large player base you would never get back. Its hard to see that from your perspective but we've built up so much not willing to watch it go. I know so many people that will quit due to legacy being deleted. I stay legacy because it is small, friendly, and a lot less laggy. Not everything is pillared out. The only incentive I would have to move to official is if I would be allowed to move things over. If not please leave us be you've done enough damage. As previously mentioned you guys can afford to run more servers but you chose to screw over players who play, pay, and enjoy your game. I know I personally will leave ark forever if legacy is deleted. Please let us be. 

5 minutes ago, C0mmanderp said:

This post honestly breaks my heart. I originally joined legacy because offical was so laggy I couldn't even move around. Not only that the official community is toxic. Legacy players are small nit but a tight group and I think it would be unwise to take us down. We have put countless hours in playing the game like everyone else. I think you would lose a large player base you would never get back. Its hard to see that from your perspective but we've built up so much not willing to watch it go. I know so many people that will quit due to legacy being deleted. I stay legacy because it is small, friendly, and a lot less laggy. Not everything is pillared out. The only incentive I would have to move to official is if I would be allowed to move things over. If not please leave us be you've done enough damage. As previously mentioned you guys can afford to run more servers but you chose to screw over players who play, pay, and enjoy your game. I know I personally will leave ark forever if legacy is deleted. Please let us be. 

Look would it not be a nice thing if WC issued a "will never delete these legacy servers" and a list of untouchablelegacy servers. A final great migration if you like.

Lol, I think if they want to kill off leagacy servers then why not kill em all. Start it new and say the hell with everyone, Legacy and Official  ^_^ or, stop letting WildCard pit legacy and official against each other just to help hide there inadequacy at being a competent company.

I see folk saying Legacy is on borrowed time and needs to be shut down when they should be posting about how on Offical it can take well over a month for the paid team of Customer Support to even reply back if you get that lucky. It's crazy to think that someone on a games Official severs can lose 1000's of hours of work to a timer glitch, food glitch, stasis glitch, mesh glitch or to just good ole fashion cheaters and trolls with no relative support from the Dev team or support staff for 30+ days....

WildCard loves to see both sides of its player base use it's time to cut each other down because it let's them continue to undermine the actual needs of its players. And then they come at you to say that they are hard at work for us when meshing is just now being addressed after what, like 5 years.

I know tons of good people in legacy and Official, and when they are in a chat you cant tell who is from where...they all have the same problems for the most part, they all need WildCard to fix their game...for everyone. Wild card knows shutting down servers is a hot button and they love to press it and sooner or later it will be more and more Offical servers on a chopping block unless everyone draws a line for WildCard.  Or, you know. Just say the hell with everyone and let it all burn away ^_^ 

Wishing you all the best, Savicto.

So for me as a player that plays most of the time with like 2 friends of mine it would be very nice too have like 3man server(normal or classic) cause out there are a lot of people playing in small groups or only like solo/duo but the can't play on 6man cause they get absolutely destroyed. 

The most people I heard of like to play more official but the big tribes are ruining them the game and they don't want to play on unofficial because there are admins and every ark player that played on a unofficial knows what admins do if you piss them off. 

So 3 man would be really great and some of the official servers could be taken down because there are always just 1 or 2 players online and they are basically dead so you could take some of them down I guess

So for me as a player that plays most of the time with like 2 friends of mine it would be very nice too have like 3man server(normal or classic) cause out there are a lot of people playing in small groups or only like solo/duo but the can't play on 6man cause they get absolutely destroyed. 

The most people I heard of like to play more official but the big tribes are ruining them the game and they don't want to play on unofficial because there are admins and every ark player that played on a unofficial knows what admins do if you piss them off. 

So 3 man would be really great and some of the official servers could be taken down because there are always just 1 or 2 players online and they are basically dead so you could take some of them down I guess

1 hour ago, DamonDorris said:

I know tons of good people in legacy and Official, and when they are in a chat you cant tell who is from where...they all have the same problems for the most part, they all need WildCard to fix their game...

I know a ton of bad people in pvp, lmao. Well if you disagree is it not bad to keep a legacy clusters for two irl players that just bought a few extra base game licences to keep cheating/playing.

Instead of renting like other beach bobs from server providers.

Just saying

I agree with other people. People on legacy know they are indeed on borrowed time.

They've been at it for years and most servers have been deleted, taken over by a big alpha or are currently inactive.

I think everyone is a fan of new servers, a new grind and a new competition. so new servers are always a good addition to the current game.

Aside from this i think the hardcore servers can use a "rework". The gamemode itself has some good aspects but hear me out.

What if instead of dying u dont loose your character, but instead you lose a fixed % of your current XP. You can get a part of this XP by "grinding" the speciman plant of that dead character. This means you wont loose your tribe, you dont need a re-invite, you dont need to re-breed all your dinos because you lost rider imprint and you dont need to re-do all the tek bosses for the tek engrams. This while still keeping a big punishment on your death, which is what hardcore is and should be all about. Aside from that, it motivates people to pvp eachother and prevents an entire pvp cluster to become another pve cluster. (because you can steal/earn XP by killing eachother)

I've told this idea to more than a few players on the current hardcore servers, they really seem to like the idea and I'm sure others would be interested in this type of gameplay aswell. 

Hope this might sparkle some new ideas or helps out in any way. 

I think a NO FLYER cluster would be amazing. No tamable wyverns/birds/manas EXCEPT for a quetzal, (either quetzal or some new solution to raid pillar bases, as they would be unraidable otherwise with tek enabled) so that sky bases can still be raided, but quetzals are slow, weak to gunfire, and ineffective as general travel mounts so they will only be used for farming and raiding.  It sounds rough, but i have 10k hours and have played every variation of ark there is, every new official pvp server and some pve, and many unofficial pvp servers, and no fly is my favorite. played on several unofficial ones and there is nothing quite like it. To run around on thylas and ground mounts and never quite know when you are going to bump into someone and have to fight. Being forced to be down on the ground with 90% of the games content that we usually just fly over and never experience. Having to create new metas to farm and old creatures will suddenly become useful again and used daily. Crabs will be used to farm on all maps.  I think for this 6 or 10 man tribe limit with no alliances ect is best.

Also don't listen to people who keep asking to wipe servers, its always the same, people just dont understand that wiping servers doesnt fix anything at all. They will be right back to how they were within a month or less, and you will still be behind because the reason people are ahead of you isnt because they have been playing since the start, its because they play better and more than you do. They know the metas, they know the good spots, they have a tribe of other people like them,  they can stay up10+ hrs a day grinding and you cant so you will always be behind no matter how often it wipes.

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived