Jump to content

Cedric

Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Recommended Posts

Sacrifice legacy servers, but please stay away from low pop servers. Those are used for mass breeding and mutation stacking. I don't want folks from those servers to be forced to move and join ones I play. 

But new servers are not really necessary for new adventures. Why not add new stuff to existing ones? Would also give you an excuse to finally look into map specific bugs and work on core game a bit maybe.

I mean, I won't start playing on separate server which is exactly the same except you can romance a dodo there. Should be a core game feature if it will be popular and cut if not. maybe in a form of event to try it out. Would also be nice to have some surprise events that are not tied to specific date.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/17/2019 at 8:56 AM, deedoubleu said:

Sacrifice legacy servers, but please stay away from low pop servers. Those are used for mass breeding and mutation stacking. I don't want folks from those servers to be forced to move and join ones I play. 

 

 

Hmm...here's my 2 cents since I refuse to move to official with the lag\toxic community. ..if they  sacrifice  legacy as you say..where do you think all the mass breeders from legacy are gonna go...to your servers..like me 50 gig tails swinging mana tails swinging... official needs wiped brother .Dino stats are ridiculously high.duping  exist on official. There's no difference  minus a support  system imagine they close legacy a flood of mad\angry  players join your servers lol I mean the community  is toxic as hell anyway  just think of all us veteran players I'm talking hundreds. ..official  can't handle our numbers....repurpose  your own servers not ours...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

Hmm...here's my 2 cents since I refuse to move to official with the lag\toxic community. ..if they  sacrifice  legacy as you say..where do you think all the mass breeders from legacy are gonna go...to your servers..like me 50 gig tails swinging mana tails swinging... official needs wiped brother .Dino stats are ridiculously high.duping  exist on official. There's no difference  minus a support  system imagine they close legacy a flood of mad\angry  players join your servers lol I mean the community  is toxic as hell anyway  just think of all us veteran players I'm talking hundreds. ..official  can't handle our numbers....repurpose  your own servers not ours...

They allow one way transfer between legacy and official? If not, then problem is solved =P

if legacy is allowed to move to officials then it would be bad. But I already know how it feels. Beginners flooded the server when wipe was announced. It's barely playable and still getting worse. It would be a disaster if legacy folks move in with all their stuff(would be nice strategy for square tribes btw, mass breed and prepare on legacy and then invade the officials), I agree on that. As for reasoning, not so much.

Ridiculous stats are everywhere where breeding is allowed. Duping exists everywhere where something worth duping exist. Legacy and official are really quite similar.

Officials can't handle their own numbers. What few hundred more players will change? Tell me with a straight face you can imagine someone in WC going "oh no, that will increase the server load and make ark experience  less enjoyable".

 

And if nothing else, do you seriously think legacy servers will be kept as long as game is alive?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

They allow one way transfer between legacy and official? If not, then problem is solved =P

if legacy is allowed to move to officials then it would be bad. But I already know how it feels. Beginners flooded the server when wipe was announced. It's barely playable and still getting worse. It would be a disaster if legacy folks move in with all their stuff(would be nice strategy for square tribes btw, mass breed and prepare on legacy and then invade the officials), I agree on that. As for reasoning, not so much.

Ridiculous stats are everywhere where breeding is allowed. Duping exists everywhere where something worth duping exist. Legacy and official are really quite similar.

Officials can't handle their own numbers. What few hundred more players will change? Tell me with a straight face you can imagine someone in WC going "oh no, that will increase the server load and make ark experience  less enjoyable".

 

And if nothing else, do you seriously think legacy servers will be kept as long as game is alive?

Yes it's been 3 years we still play legacy ;) it's the cheapest  official  cluster wc will realize  this one day xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

Yes it's been 3 years we still play legacy ;) it's the cheapest  official  cluster wc will realize  this one day xD

Not saying it will be gone tomorrow. I was playing on legacy server... well it was just a normal server at the time, when new and improved officials came out. Rumor spread about outr server  being shutdown in a month and  everyone left. I played for few more months and then quit for unrelated reasons. That server is still up and running today(just checked and I'm proud to say I still hold a record of most hours on it, heh).
But at the same time I suspect that when WC will really need some new servers, without buying new hardware ofc, legacy will be first in kill-list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, deedoubleu said:

Not saying it will be gone tomorrow. I was playing on legacy server... well it was just a normal server at the time, when new and improved officials came out. Rumor spread about outr server  being shutdown in a month and  everyone left. I played for few more months and then quit for unrelated reasons. That server is still up and running today(just checked and I'm proud to say I still hold a record of most hours on it, heh).
But at the same time I suspect that when WC will really need some new servers, without buying new hardware ofc, legacy will be first in kill-list.

Totally  agree kill these low pop servers but also kill official  low pop servers ...aswell

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/15/2019 at 5:53 AM, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Solo pvp servers please. Just make a cluster with the 6 maps to try it out. It would need a couple changes though. Maybe 1.5 to 2 times boosted harvesting/taming rates. More engram points (like single player). No or just a couple alliance per player. Longer auto decay timers. Maybe some kind of ORP. Please just try it out for PC, Xbox, and PS4 to see how the community reactes. It would only be 18 servers. Consider it!

Edit: I guess with Valg it would be 21. 

I agree with you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 3:51 PM, Cedric said:

Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

We've been receiving feedback that the community is looking for new adventures. This may come in the form of new servers with the original experience or new servers with a twist.  You've been heard!

Let's discuss some relative numbers.  Consider the amount we have servers now as 100% of the servers available for discussion.  In order for new servers to be established, we'll have to take from that 100% (what exists today).  Currently, we look for low population servers or legacy servers when we want to open new types of servers - as we did recently. 

Legacy servers won't be getting support (mesh detection, enforcement, maps, etc).  There will be mixed feelings on this but do not expect legacy to be around forever.  With that in mind, what types of new modes/servers would you like to see?

Legacy players, what makes you stay on legacy?  The community you've built up?

Legacy was Wild Cards bad idea. Wild Card just wanted people to have to start over again. It had nothing to do with duping and exploits those could have been easily fixed with patches. In some games this is fine but not in Ark! Ark is way way too grindy to just start over, this is why you have many people staying in Legacy. A really good PVE solution to all this would be to many everything account wide unlocks. If all my engrams are unlocked and all I have to do is level I don't have any problem with this but I do not want to have to run through all of the Boss fights and Ascensions to get back to where I was. Also and more importantly, anything I tame or claim should unlock all related stats and color channels for that version of dino. There should also be a "Genetic Splicing" machine of sorts that allows me to create baby dinos from all available unlocked stats and colors. If I can save all of my years of progress through unlocks from Legacy and use this to start over on any server then the process of starting over would not be so bad. Currently the idea of starting over makes me want to quit the game. 

While you are at it making "templates" of structures would also be very much appreciated. This would make a server transition significantly less stressful and straight froward. All I would/should need to do is grind the needed materials, activate the template, and place.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/14/2019 at 9:44 PM, FrozenLyrik said:

I feel as tho official and smalltribes should be wiped. Every year for official and 6months for small tribes

It takes me like 3 years to get up and running properly when I start fresh😂🔫  Why on earth would you wanna play on a server that gets wiped at all let alone every year?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, ArkRage said:

It takes me like 3 years to get up and running properly when I start fresh😂🔫  Why on earth would you wanna play on a server that gets wiped at all let alone every year?

the fun i guess? maybe some people don't like to be all-powerfull gods all the time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/18/2019 at 11:01 AM, deedoubleu said:

They allow one way transfer between legacy and official? If not, then problem is solved =P

if legacy is allowed to move to officials then it would be bad. But I already know how it feels. Beginners flooded the server when wipe was announced. It's barely playable and still getting worse. It would be a disaster if legacy folks move in with all their stuff(would be nice strategy for square tribes btw, mass breed and prepare on legacy and then invade the officials), I agree on that. As for reasoning, not so much.

Ridiculous stats are everywhere where breeding is allowed. Duping exists everywhere where something worth duping exist. Legacy and official are really quite similar.

Officials can't handle their own numbers. What few hundred more players will change? Tell me with a straight face you can imagine someone in WC going "oh no, that will increase the server load and make ark experience  less enjoyable".

 

And if nothing else, do you seriously think legacy servers will be kept as long as game is alive?

you dont what to do that

 

i play legacy and people have level 450 gigas and armies of them!

 

 

but me and my buds play that as a "private server"

idk how to host one without the barrier!

Edited by Udam

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Udam said:

you dont what to do that

 

i play legacy and people have level 450 gigas and armies of them!

 

 

but me and my buds play that as a "private server"

idk how to host one without the barrier!

I'm sure that's the reason why transfer from legacy won't be allowed. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, deedoubleu said:

Now I understand why you stay on legacy 😃

I mean if they wipe doesn't mean I would quit the game I love this game . but I would most likey be banned in official because if a player trolls me im not waiting on support I don't want my crap back I will never need pillars removed because issues can always be resolved in game with out the need for support this is a survival game and I play that to the fullest irl if we were actually trapped on a island with random strangers there would be a lot worse crap happening even if a pve rule applied in the community .so I will ride legacy to the end and enjoy my game smite my foes defend my base.and if I ever decide to join official ill try my best to follow the rules and keep surviving .hopefully when I get 20k hours in legacy tho ok @wildcard hint hint legacy lives matter!!! keep us few servers open would ya ;) 100k less tickets to answer :D

Edited by Lycan187u

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Udam said:

yeah

 

 

unless its characters ONLY!

 

legacy giga are between 505/535 melee atm no where near Official rex are abit better but bertnoobians is beast hes catching up on that superfast every other dino is basically 10 muts above us the legacy cluster on stats you boys on official been busy :D

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/14/2019 at 11:58 AM, Lycan187u said:

@Cedric I have an idea I just wanna toss in the air about the Legacy situation.how about let's say we keep Legacy as its own game mode? Like you literally have an option to chose to play official or the legacy cluster . official being the cluster with support and legacy being without . I'm not saying stop the migrations because they are needed to repurpose the servers for new modes and maps .but the official cluster needs a few migrations as well if you see the numbers the PVE legacy community isn't so far off as the new official cluster as far as population .we both have tons of servers that are 0-3 ppl online which can be repurposed for good use.not just us the legacy community we have been through wipes/migrations the pain an suffering which was alpha beta stage in the game .we are the cheapest run official cluster ...;) Just few reasons to keep us around.most of the legacy community that wanted a fresh start and a game with a support systems have made their decision and moved to the official cluster but slot of us sees no point in support no reason to have it.our crap dies to bug/glitches meh o well ...we don need support at all I've played 10,000 hours no support what so ever except one occasion that was in 2016 before the new cluster was even  a thing  .just as a example of one players point of view. Sorry about the long read 😂

You are just a bob afraid of getting claped on ur pve cluster 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Cedric do a Final legacy cluster migration ...it just needs to happen like why are u playing pve on a PvP server go play on those pve servers ... there’s no many player playing on legacy’s server anymore and soon they are going to be taking down  so just do a  big legacy cluster migration so we can have some fun till all legacy’s servers get replace...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...