Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

when I just find out that all legacy servers are getting shut down and you don’t realise that 1000s of those people that played on them servers are not gonna come back because of you wildcard. Making old servers disappear so can you make new ones? That’s pretty stupid and I been on a cluster legacy server for 5 years and I still haven’t done all boss fights yet to unlock my trophies but Here goes me back to step 1. Thanks wildcard ruin it for everyone.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am reply to the new closing of servers on Jan 28 2020. I been playing Ark when it started where this caused me to be on legacy server and my bad choice primative.  My tribe and friends been pushed from server to server now this Jan 28 2020 we have no place to move to. Xbox pve primative serve will be erased and it seems Wild Card does not care about there first players . Everyone on 94 is so upset and this server is not dead. Visit it. We try our best to keep our numbers up This time that did not work. 

It would be really nice to let 1 Server each map of legacy Server  online, or give the playerbase the chance to move their char (and chibi!) to another active Server.

shutting down all legacy Servers at one time is a bit hard... but maybe necessary when your real intention is to make the official Servers become new-legacy and launch real new official servers Oo

so please give the legacy Server community a place in YOUR official or whatever servers and let them move there at least with the character!

by the way.. fix meshing.. fix 123 steamids..  let every Player Register an unique accountname, that is visible to all..

the advantage for you will be that you can implement a herold like in other shooter/pvp games with statistics and rankings. (daoc those days)

like kill Counts... like raised 100% imprint Counts...  or number of bosskills... a game that  uses a "ShooterGame.exe" deserves statistics and rankings!

Why is the Winter Wonderland still running. Also when do you think you will move 442 PVE to a different server IP so we are not constantly disconnected due to network issues. It makes playing on Extinction almost impossible as the risk of losing the drop halfway through and possibly losing your dinos is not worth it. This has been this way for weeks now. 

Dear Ark Devs, please spare us..

Dear ark devs,

Yesterday you posted that you will be removing all legacy servers due to lack of activity. While this is a valid reason for it removal, I humbly ask you consider sparring primitive legacy server 130 on xbox.  We don't know whose feed back you got to do this but we can garentee no one from Xbox is part of it what's left in legacy on Xbox is fairly tight nit and no one talked to a dev. I will now explain why you should not only spare LEGACY-Primitive-NA-XboxOfficialServer13O but to give Xbox primitive a scortched earth or ragnorok server. 

Server 130 has 4 active tribes on it that most continue to play bring the server count to above 10 usually daily until now with this announcement. 

So as I said we get above 10 players daily and we new players joining the ark alot as well. Ark primitive was the beginning it started everything you guys have now. It's quite literally the beginning of your legacy. There are still people who love primitive and just those who don't want to be wiped by a dodo strapped with c4. A valid argument is that you will be letting us download and keep the server going on a private server but it's just there is a feeling of competition and excitement you get from a legacy/official server that private servers don't give you. As a small game developer myself I know you can't give the fans what they want all the time and we try hard to keep them happy and I know servers cost money so i completely understand why you need to remove legacy to make Genesis servers but We from 130 humbly ask you you devs at wildcard to please don't throw away your roots and keep atleast 130 primitive Xbox server. 

Now if by I chance I atleast have your attention I believe if you guys are open to it you could also add ragnorok or scortched earth to primitive. Why you may ask, well 2 reasons.
1.  Dragons/wyverns are cool and removing scortched earth is a big reason primitive players stopped playing and new ones or old ones never came back 
2. We did pay for scortched earth so honestly to not have that available for all games modes is a bit outrageous to me.

Thank you for reading this and I hope it will reach you guys. Have a good day.

#saveprimitiveark #fight4ark

Greetings, 

Well I don't really even know how I ended up on legacy servers because it didn't say legacy when I first got on the cluster but I like were I am and the people I play with. 
However it has been very annoying that every time I get going good on a server it gets shut down and have to move. 
I only play PVE I work and don't have time to constantly monitor crap and nothing is worst than getting on your game and all your crap is gone or your animals decayed or starved to death when you been working all the time.

anyway my question is if all legacy servers are eventually going to go away how do I move all our stuff to a non legacy server couse quite frankly if I cant im gonna quit playing. because it ridicules' the amount of time and effort that has to be put into this game to just loose everything . 
thanks

GOARACK

Lol mate your server is getting killed nothing you can say or do will change that.

Take this time considering your playerbase on the server is tiny anyway to discuss all of you going unofficial and continuing your game from the save file and as an added bonus you can grant yourself a SE or RAG map, or building up on an official map but trying to put effort here into saving your map isnt gonna help.

Also just a quick fyi they didn't ask for feedback before making the post only after and the legacy hour glass is clearly near empty now so by genesis part 2 legacy will most likely cease to exist so might as well accept it.

• Volunteer Moderator
10 minutes ago, goarack said:

Well I don't really even know how I ended up on legacy servers because it didn't say legacy when I first got on the cluster but I like were I am and the people I play with. 

You may have been playing on the server before it was designated Legacy. At that time, all the new servers were brought up and it was time to move off the old to the new. You might have missed the memo.

11 minutes ago, goarack said:

my question is if all legacy servers are eventually going to go away how do I move all our stuff to a non legacy server

As of right now, that's not possible.

• Wildcard Community

I'm going to lock this thread.  Why? The purpose of this thread has been served.  I mainly wanted this to serve as a temporary way to collect feedback on a topic.  There will be times in the future to voice your feedback on the topic.  Thank you to everyone that participated and provided feedback that's relevant to the conversation.

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived