Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

How about a new map called Gravity. It's set on some alien planet where the gravity is so high that all forms of flight are impossible. The map itself is a relatively flat map with lush jungles and swamps. There are no tall peaks, or obelisks, or caves. There is also no deep water. Also the Alien guardians that control the planet confiscated all the TEK equipment and so sadly there is no tech available to use. Lastly  the map's high gravity makes it impossible to run fast and therefore player movement speed is locked at 100%. 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sean claros con la gente y ya no mas rodeos., si van a cerrar todos los legados mejor comuníquenlo de una vez., pero estar eliminándolos poco a poco me parece injusto para todas las personas que se gastan horas y horas jugando este juego.,

así no pierden mas tiempo en estos servidores y deciden si siguen en un oficial o votan ese juego a la basura., 

What makes me stay on legacy? 

- The lag on new officials suck. Bad. 1 minute delay with each server reset? Lags in between.... NOT FUN! [I play on Ragnarok]

Though, I actually did start playing officials, it was forced... I love this game, so a made a home on the new servers so i'd still be able to play the game when my main legacy servers get deleted. :( Unfortunately, WC hasn't even considered making a merge of the servers. Official servers have just as good stuff and BETTER stuff, abused bugs, etc.... There's no reason to leave us in the dirt... but it's whatever. Just my opinion... With the last remaining legacy servers standing - Why not consider making them "official servers"?

18 hours ago, MsCole said:

What makes me stay on legacy? 

- The lag on new officials suck. Bad. 1 minute delay with each server reset? Lags in between.... NOT FUN! [I play on Ragnarok]

Though, I actually did start playing officials, it was forced... I love this game, so a made a home on the new servers so i'd still be able to play the game when my main legacy servers get deleted. :( Unfortunately, WC hasn't even considered making a merge of the servers. Official servers have just as good stuff and BETTER stuff, abused bugs, etc.... There's no reason to leave us in the dirt... but it's whatever. Just my opinion... With the last remaining legacy servers standing - Why not consider making them "official servers"?

Hello Ms Cole  how are you u should  stay in the legacy cluster tbh.official in my opinion  is toxic full  of ppl waiting  to get ppl banned/dev wiped just because. The legacy community  is much better. We solve our problems on our own no for WC to pay ppl to respond  to support . Hell even our servers are more populated  than a lot of official servers . 

I don’t play legacy anymore. However, why get rid of legacy servers just to add new servers? Can we get prim+ fixed before we go crazy adding even more play modes while some of us are still in a fourth of the game we paid for. Nothing works right and things constantly die due to glitches. 

With that being said, I LOVED legacy because it was with people who knew how to play. People who have been playing awhile, typically older more mature clientele. So most legacy servers aren’t hostile. They have been raided and have raided and know that it’s just a waste of time, to just let others enjoy playing the game with people. NOTHING like the new servers. People have a deeper appreciation for the game because we were here from the beginning. From the days before the big redwoods update, to just brown “body bags”, to dying and just glitching under the map. We appreciate where it is now and try and let others just build.

you might as well kill legacy, some psychopathic chinese kiddies found a way to blow up and steal your stuff while you're logged on. We lost years worth of breeds and memories and mutations because this game is a patchwork quilt of bugs. Just glad I didn't buy the DLC before the hackers got loose, so long ARK it was fun.

Oh, and It's legacy so you probably don't care, but the culprit is on 928 Extinction legacy PVE making their rounds as I type this, so have fun catching them in the act before they do it on official (if you're quick about it). I think they're using public teleporters in some way to crash dinos through and damage buildings. I could care less about reporting this, I'm out and not coming back. Have fun with halloween.

On 6/15/2019 at 5:51 AM, Cedric said:

Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

We've been receiving feedback that the community is looking for new adventures. This may come in the form of new servers with the original experience or new servers with a twist.  You've been heard!

Let's discuss some relative numbers.  Consider the amount we have servers now as 100% of the servers available for discussion.  In order for new servers to be established, we'll have to take from that 100% (what exists today).  Currently, we look for low population servers or legacy servers when we want to open new types of servers - as we did recently. 

Legacy servers won't be getting support (mesh detection, enforcement, maps, etc).  There will be mixed feelings on this but do not expect legacy to be around forever.  With that in mind, what types of new modes/servers would you like to see?

Legacy players, what makes you stay on legacy?  The community you've built up?

Get rid of ALL legacy servers and use the money your saving to hire a competent developer, so we can see the game get some much needed fixes.

I'm sure it's been mentioned buuuuut..

Have an instanced area everyone starts at. Cap it at non aggresive dinos and have a tutor walkthrough of how to play the game (sleep in bed, tame dino etc) cap player level like normal. Make the tutor skippable (for those who have accounts on other servers) and same guy could be used as transport out of instance to normal server. Get rid of legacy servers and put that money to something useful.

Maybe it's time for a Conquest season 2 once Genesis releases? 
A fresh set of servers replacing classic with the new map included.

Dont get me wrong, i really enjoy classic.
But i am certain the activity on classic would decrease once there is a new DLC to explore. 

I feel like 25 man with 2x is a good format, since you have the slots to have a crew on each timezone.
This way you are not easily offline raided. 

15 man with 3x could also be viable, but harder. 

The fewer player slots there is in a tribe, the more hardcore the gamemode gets.
Most people with families and jobs will not be able to keep up.

Cave building not allowed, and there should be an enforcement team reachable by discord.
I think on Conquest there was a type of leader discord if i remember right.

The leader + co leader of every tribe could get a spot there, and get support on urgent issues like meshing/cheating.

Any other thoughts on this?

i think its time that 6 man got wiped cause of the duped items and also the meks and time for a new mode which allows you to have 10 people in a tribe. 6 tribe is just to small for a game like ark big offline time and also they hard to raid a base with just 6 people whiles they are online this would encourage players to come back on ark and make it harder to get offline rai

My opinion  only...I believe all of official should be merged with legacy..why do u ask???think of all the money WC could save on GM pay or support  tickets this $$ could be spent on optimization  and bug fixes .it's a survival  game...like in reality  you are going to meet nice ppl and bad ppl .at the current  meta on pve is reporting  players and getting  them development wiped .there's no way a GM that read a support  ticket  can tell who the actual  person at fault  is.this is a major flaw...and a expensive  one at that .there's no difference  in official or legacy...none...can anyone give me a example  of the difference? ? Besides a flawed support  system..duped items??nope that's on official ..crazy super dinos ?? Nope that's on official ...

Official and legacy should both be wiped and start fresh with the release of Genesis.
But it won't matter unless there is some form of active enforcement you can reach 24/7. 

It would take a lot of resources in the beginning.
But once people learn "the hard way" that there is active enforcement, the cheating and meshing is going to descrease drastically.

On 11/10/2019 at 3:50 PM, Legislator said:

Go ahead Wildcard, please shut down all legacy servers. Most players that I love are already gone. Just kill them all and do whatever you want. I only ask you to publish the save games one last time.

Go ahead shut ur PC/console off ...there are hundreds of active legacy players still in-game...it was never stated that all legacy servers are getting shut down...please let's get that Idea and toss it in the trash ?

On 11/4/2019 at 6:40 PM, bloded1 said:

CED then why no a final legacy migration ? Merge all the legacy cluster into 1 till they get deleted ? I play official but legacy  it’s my vacation server I’m really looking foward for that final legacy migration #pullupcluster1

Because zzzzz it was never stated that all legacy would be shut down.....

I'm a day 1 player. All we had back then where these servers. Thats almost 5.5K hours of work, why should I abandon all that and start fresh? Bacause of lags and bugs? I don't think thats much of an issue for the majority.

If it's due to exploits/griefing/and so on, well, I believe plenty of tickets show you guys how this comes together. Action must be taken maybe, but killing the entire database with people on it wich are perhaps also day 1 or year 1 players or just in it for the fun is not the answer.

What is? In my opinion, find hardcore players with their hearts on the right place and let them control a cluster as (semi)admins. They cant kick or ban people, but they can do a prejob sortofspeak, for the real admins. Moneywise, I dont think alot of people even want to get paid (much). Think more in free games/hardware/and so on.

I must admit, I'm not 18 by far anymore and the world/attitudes are changed, however most of the times (I'm on PvE) alot of players who get into a "fight" blow of some steam and go on with their lives. 

If it's serverwise(less laggy/less rubberbanding) and that should be a reason to wipe, is it an idea to saveall playerdata and release on new servers?

I'm not saying you guys will NOT wipe, I know ATLAS, but some more info about this subject and the standings where WC is at with them would be very much appreciated.

@Cedric I have an idea I just wanna toss in the air about the Legacy situation.how about let's say we keep Legacy as its own game mode? Like you literally have an option to chose to play official or the legacy cluster . official being the cluster with support and legacy being without . I'm not saying stop the migrations because they are needed to repurpose the servers for new modes and maps .but the official cluster needs a few migrations as well if you see the numbers the PVE legacy community isn't so far off as the new official cluster as far as population .we both have tons of servers that are 0-3 ppl online which can be repurposed for good use.not just us the legacy community we have been through wipes/migrations the pain an suffering which was alpha beta stage in the game .we are the cheapest run official cluster ...;) Just few reasons to keep us around.most of the legacy community that wanted a fresh start and a game with a support systems have made their decision and moved to the official cluster but slot of us sees no point in support no reason to have it.our crap dies to bug/glitches meh o well ...we don need support at all I've played 10,000 hours no support what so ever except one occasion that was in 2016 before the new cluster was even  a thing  .just as a example of one players point of view. Sorry about the long read ?

As a Pvp player who plays on Smalltribes i would say remove the ability to tame manas/titans/owls and you will make many people happy as nobody uses normal flyers anymore because manas are superior in every way also a 8 man server would be preferrable to the current 6 man servers as if you are not online 24/7 people WILL offline soak/raid your base
even if 1 person is online nobody wants to attack

Fix duping
Take in report of dupers currently you fixed the main methods people were using to dupe but people still have their meks and thousands of tek items take a look at the base tours on youtube of the biggest bases on smalls they literally admit to duping yet nothing is done

Fix meshing 
Add a secondary layer of mesh beneath the main layer that detects who goes in it so you can go on the server and ban them

Hire people to go around and detect meshers/dupers (people will do this for free)

WIPE ALL SMALLTRIBES SERVERS AND START FRESH WHEN GENESIS COMES OUT

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived