Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

7 minutes ago, Orfew said:

more a sensationalist post that does not add value, but increases rivalry between the new and legacy server. The server is deleted only with low population. Just read and see the official note of the Wild Card. This is the basic premise and many people who are on the new server have already seen some "new" servers becoming legacy and some "new" servers being deleted directly because they have failed to qualify for legacy. the term non legacy or new as you prefer to interpret this writing for those who can read whether or not liking the situation.  If you like your server? invite friends and learn how to share map space and features, everyone has the right to play. This is how Alpha tribe  helps who enters 504 island. Next Saturday, for those who play in the 504 island will have boss dg alpha combo and access alpha cave teck.

Hi there orfew ;)

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been a legacy player for 2 years .. I have also tried to play on the new network but the differences are evident .. in legacy we all love each other, sometimes a thief or a rascal arrives but is eliminated immediately .. all loyal and eager to help new players .. in new servers this does not happen .. everyone thinks about his business .. the family makes the difference .. and legacy is joined by players who love each other .. come on ragnarok 34 you are welcome, we give away animals to start we offer help to everyone .. also on aberration the island .. on all the maps .. the legacy will never die .. too many good people .. even if we are few we are worth more than many others

Why do we stay on legacy? Legacy is a community, legacy is its own functional pseudo civilization. We were your earliest clients, we got sucked in to this amazing game, bought the new DLC’s, then got quarantined from the rest of the community, sure it was by choice that we stayed, but we stayed for the community. Most servers are ran by small Alpha Tribes  who govern them. And I mean govern, not just smash people until they prove that they deserve it. We all help each other with tames, building, boss fights, etc. etc. I play PVP because although we are relaxed, hellfire and brimstone is warranted at times. We are multi-server multi-tribe communities. I play with people from all across the globe every day for hours. We have multi-platform communications set-up, this game is a savior for many people. The phrase “Ark is Life” actually means just that to many Legacy players. As a community we’ve been through marriages and divorces together, late night AA meetings with those that wish to make poor life decisions, etc.  Legacy is a Utopia of sorts and we’re not stuck up, we welcome new players even though we know it means someone ultimately will stand against us but that’s the thrill of PVP. I can’t speak for PVE Legacy Players but consider these options:

1. Leave Legacy PVP 2 Clusters of all maps(including new content). Provide support for everything. Our footprint ? would be smaller and the community would be better off to have high population servers again. 

2. Give us the ability to move to official. Obviously there would need to be some restrictions but let us play ur game the way you intended. Anything you take away though should be replaced with something within the limits of official, as if we had been official the whole time.  

3.  Come up with a number $$. Leave Legacy to us, we can crowdfund the servers we will admin the servers, we just want to maintain our hard work, and the family that has been built to keep Legacy interesting and far from the toxicity that is Official.  

Now obviously this all just my opinion but I feel like many people will empathize with me here. The moral of the story is don’t kill your most loyal fanbase. Don’t cannibalize the players that brought people to the game by playing it and our friends became your friends, and our friends became a community. I’ve fought with, fought for, and fought against most of the tribes on legacy and  at the end of the day we just want to keep playing. Whether it’s for or against each other we just want to keep surviving. 

I just see people want wipe and not legacy, and people no wipe and legacy, i just have an idea for you :)

Why not put the actual official on legacy, and come with new servers with a new officials :D

Legacy will have alpha tribes pvp, pve will have new friends, and people will try out a new reset and a fresh start for everyone :D

I just imagined that right now, but why not do in this new cluster what i told earlier in the topic, then just make the best new official as possible :

On 6/15/2019 at 12:14 AM, lyxoR said:

What PvP players want right now is a self way to play (without meshing, dup, etc) and servers without mega tribes (like official), a lot of people think like this, realy.

Also, something to cover our base while offline, cuz too many peoples can't play 16 hours per day all the year, just add 3x turret damages or something like that for make people online raid.

That's what ark players pvp players want, you can choose your own configuration but i still give mine :

- 5 Max players per tribes (cuz 1 or 2 excuse me but it's a bit boring, even if i like solo pvp)

- Everythings in x2 and when it's week end x3 for the event (or 4x cuz ppl will most play the week end)

- Delete all kind of way to mesh, like chair or climbing pick (If u had already fix how to mesh then it's ok)

- Limit raft of 2 per tribes

- Nerf extinction or simply delete tek

- 3x/4x damages of turets while offline

And guess that's can be the best way to play ark right now. Love on you :D

edit : Why not also add the "beginner cluster" just give people a way to start up even if they are late on the main cluster,  get wipe every 2 weeks, that can make intense pvp every times and if you lost everything, you can restart in a good way. And ofc, you can only transfer to main cluster and can't get back to beginner.

Also, i think we should add 1 alliance to my configuration then, we can go for peoples who want 10 man tribes, and for smaller tribes, a great way to play together without mega tribes :D

And we are done :D

17 hours ago, lyxoR said:

Lower gathering and specific raid times also the stronger turret damage is not what people want, i explain.

Lower gathering for solo player is just impossible, a big amount of times is needed to start correctly, and with big tribes on the server this will be even harder, then less player.

Specific raid... People want to play the game any times of the week, pvp is a big part of the game, if you can pvp only the week end, then the rest u just farm ? in pvp server ?

And stronger turret damage will just make impossible again for solo player to raid, as you maybe know that rushing with beer and c4 is a classic, that's how solo people can pvp and raid, that's why you just need to add the offline raid proction, which is the best idea, to make turret much stronger, because you are just not there to defend.

Please stop promote things u think is good for you and not for everyone, ty :D

I didn't state at all that this was for Solo Tribes & Players. I didn't state at all these rates and specifications had to stay exactly how I have suggested, I actually stated they should be subject to change.. Not everyone is interested in just Solo and there are more modes than just Solo for people to play and when any game mode is made as Solo I am certain they would tweak settings to make it work for Solo, you can relax.

Specific raids would be perfect for all of the players who can't dedicate as much time as you or people with less responsibilities, like jobs, children, schools etc. There doesn't have to be a single specific raid time, there could be multiple, they could be random, like I said all of these things should be subject to change.

Stronger turret damage opposed to the current state of SmallTribes in which a single tribe is able to wipe an entire map? Yeah you are entirely wrong once again.

The developers  are trying to cater to the entire community and especially those that can't currently play how they like, which isn't the case for Solo players, there are solo servers.
You should really stop denying other peoples ideas when you don't have a legitimate reason to do so. There's nothing you said that is actually true. You're all over this thread spreading lies and giving the developers the wrong ideas. Please learn more English so I can understand and continue to converse with you.

On 6/15/2019 at 8:14 AM, lyxoR said:

What PvP players want right now is a self way to play (without meshing, dup, etc) and servers without mega tribes (like official), a lot of people think like this, realy.

Also, something to cover our base while offline, cuz too many peoples can't play 16 hours per day all the year, just add 3x turret damages or something like that for make people online raid.

That's what ark players pvp players want, you can choose your own configuration but i still give mine :

- 5 Max players per tribes (cuz 1 or 2 excuse me but it's a bit boring, even if i like solo pvp)

- Everythings in x2 and when it's week end x3 for the event (or 4x cuz ppl will most play the week end)

- Delete all kind of way to mesh, like chair or climbing pick (If u had already fix how to mesh then it's ok)

- Limit raft of 2 per tribes

- Nerf extinction or simply delete tek

- 3x/4x damages of turets while offline

And guess that's can be the best way to play ark right now. Love on you :D

edit : Why not also add the "beginner cluster" just give people a way to start up even if they are late on the main cluster,  get wipe every 2 weeks, that can make intense pvp every times and if you lost everything, you can restart in a good way. And ofc, you can only transfer to main cluster and can't get back to beginner.

Also, i think we should add 1 alliance to my configuration then, we can go for peoples who want 10 man tribes, and for smaller tribes, a great way to play together without mega tribes :D

Unfortunately I can't agree with these settings.

- 5 Max Players Per Tribe
We literally already have that on SmallTribes, how can the developers promote new 5 player tribe servers? That's no different and isn't applicable to the majority of players.
- Everythings x2/x4
5 Players with x4 rates, against 2 Players with x4 rates, is an extremely large discrepancy that is only catering to the largest tribes. Even if it was 3 or 4 player tribes x3 and x4 consistently is way too much... Way too much. Like wow...
- Nerf extinction or delete Tek
There are "NoTek" servers that you can play if this is what you want, these are not popular because the majority of players enjoy Tek and that is a lot of content to experience.
- 3x/4x Offline Turret Damage
Why skip x2, I understand why offline turret damage could be good, but you completely skipped x2 and went to x3/x4 like earlier, which is unbalanced.

You're promoting really unbalanced things and inputting your wrong opinion where someone else has given their opinion that has been asked for. Toxic behaviour.

When Ark "officially" released into the world and was no longer a beta it was noted that Legacy servers would be removed over time.  Speculation was that everyone would move to the new official servers and get a fresh start.  It was also noted that the legacy servers would not get the support and new maps but they have gotten each of the new maps every single time.  It almost makes me regret having left my legacy server because despite the fact that there are less people on the servers there is still no reason for these people to migrate other than a higher dino cap.  I think the best way to force players out of the legacy servers is to just stop all added content, all evolution events stop everything in Legacy so its just the base game for them.  DO NOT add the Valguero map to the legacy clusters that way these players miss out unless they join the rest of the population in the official or unofficial servers.  Frankly I think the legacy players need to do what Frozen teaches us and Let it Go.  The best part of starting over is getting to experience it all again but better because you know what you are doing.  I had a blast restarting on the official servers.  I say just end the Legacy cluster any player of any game knows that what makes a game great is replay-ability.  Ark has that and here is an opportunity for a fresh start.  

This is basically a PvE directed post.  I do not PvP,  therefore I feel like I have no right to say what PvP needs.

I agree with what most people say about Legacy.  They should know that it's only a matter of time before legacy is gone.  It would free up more servers for more useful applications.

We need more events.  Waiting for a holiday to do events isn't the move anymore.  I think there should be a special event (not the evo) every month . I'm not saying it has to be a breeding event, but something different.  Colors, breeding, boosted XP and taming rates like 3-4x.  Change it up.  It is REALLY getting stale.

Where do we stand on pillar spamming? A while back you guys had a plan, the community freaked, and you guys retracted.  You guys announced the new map.  Showed it to us on your live stream.  Everybody was thinking "omg it looks so beautiful"  "so many different ways/places to build"  You know what I saw?  A map covered in pillars.

Now that legacy is nearing it's extinction, I think some of the scorched earth and center servers should be looked at.  Tons of scorched earth servers have like 5-6 playing at a time.  In my opinion, it's a huge waste of servers.  Same goes for the center.  I think some of these servers should be combined to free up more servers for maps/game modes that need them.

Just a few things I think about when I play this game.  Just my opinions.

45 minutes ago, Hobbitt said:

Unfortunately I can't agree with these settings.

- 5 Max Players Per Tribe
We literally already have that on SmallTribes, how can the developers promote new 5 player tribe servers? That's no different and isn't applicable to the majority of players.
- Everythings x2/x4
5 Players with x4 rates, against 2 Players with x4 rates, is an extremely large discrepancy that is only catering to the largest tribes. Even if it was 3 or 4 player tribes x3 and x4 consistently is way too much... Way too much. Like wow...
- Nerf extinction or delete Tek
There are "NoTek" servers that you can play if this is what you want, these are not popular because the majority of players enjoy Tek and that is a lot of content to experience.
- 3x/4x Offline Turret Damage
Why skip x2, I understand why offline turret damage could be good, but you completely skipped x2 and went to x3/x4 like earlier, which is unbalanced.

You're promoting really unbalanced things and inputting your wrong opinion where someone else has given their opinion that has been asked for. Toxic behaviour.

Then go for 3/4 players, with x2 and x3 in week-end, nerf tek and x2/x3 offline turret ? :D

Honesly, everything can be modified, cuz anyways it will be greater.

1 hour ago, RenobandStit said:

When Ark "officially" released into the world and was no longer a beta it was noted that Legacy servers would be removed over time.  Speculation was that everyone would move to the new official servers and get a fresh start.  It was also noted that the legacy servers would not get the support and new maps but they have gotten each of the new maps every single time.  It almost makes me regret having left my legacy server because despite the fact that there are less people on the servers there is still no reason for these people to migrate other than a higher dino cap.  I think the best way to force players out of the legacy servers is to just stop all added content, all evolution events stop everything in Legacy so its just the base game for them.  DO NOT add the Valguero map to the legacy clusters that way these players miss out unless they join the rest of the population in the official or unofficial servers.  Frankly I think the legacy players need to do what Frozen teaches us and Let it Go.  The best part of starting over is getting to experience it all again but better because you know what you are doing.  I had a blast restarting on the official servers.  I say just end the Legacy cluster any player of any game knows that what makes a game great is replay-ability.  Ark has that and here is an opportunity for a fresh start.  

YOU chose to leave for a fresh start! U DIDNT NEED TO! It was promised that legacys WOULD GET ANY FUTURE DLC! And they keep their word so far! Legacy gets valguero. Legacy is a very tight nice community...Alot of officials servers are full of toxic players. Legacy players are veterans and they help each other out all time! U can send me the post where it was stated that legacy 'wobt get maps' according to you?????? I can tell u the post were it was stated that legacy eill get any future dlc! You are pissed that u gave up everything when u didnt need too...And because of that u want legacy gone so YOU dont feel so bad! They also said that low population servers wont be removed if they r the only 1 of their kind! Legacy players payed for the game too! They are not different from 'new' officials! Except that legacy players didnt want to start over! And just simply disabling evo events or no new maps wont get them over either. When legacy is gone its gone. 95% will quit. They dont want to start all over again from scratch. If legacy wouldnt get valguero people still wont leave to play offi. Legacys are our officials and we love them. Yes we r happy and its deserved that we get valguero too. But it we wouldnt get it we stick to the maps we already have...We are 1 big community all together so lets act like 1 community and dont be childish about legacys...Let everyone play their own game...

On 6/14/2019 at 9:51 PM, Cedric said:

Legacy players, what makes you stay on legacy?  The community you've built up?

Just look at the comments and tell me what u think... 

Legacy players:

- we got a nice community

- everybody helps each other 

Official players:

- yeah shut them down

- I want more maps which I can spam with my pillars

Now I want u to weight in:

Shut down legacy servers an loose potentially 70% of their players who didn't even demand an ingame support. 

Vs

New "official" servers with new modes which are faster empty than they got full...

All servers should be wiped, at least once or twice a year if not wiped just for now.  Otherwise fix the building spam at least... Introduction of Extinction and tek ruined Ark I think but pls find a way to stop tribes that abuse lag!  Stop this mega tribe suited player search and server locations analysis meta aswell.  

Hardcore Survival Mode

I think a mode where the game revisits it's survival roots would be an interesting twist. I've always discussed this internally with groups of friends but assumed it would never happen.

*Note* this would be a separate mode with current maps making it optional.

I'm going to preface this with the recent revival of World of Warcraft Classic. The fact that its returning at all, and the "old style" way of development and game creation that players have been asking for.

There are many quality of life features and game aspects added to Ark throughout it's development in early access. A lot of these features were created to show off some shiny new technology or to add more components in the game for selling points.  These features were often welcomed with open arms and most players now might not like to see them go.  However, like Classic WoW, a hardcore "Vanilla" Ark experience mode could be popular among a lot of players.\

Some things worth considering to achieve this sort of game play:

1. Lower rates to .5x Official like before

Raising the rates removes a lot of the content. Certain aspects of the game especially early on are completely skipped over due to the crazy ability to level faster with explorer notes and 2x weekends. This makes a majority of the game pointless and focuses too much on the "end-game" content. The feeling of completing your first stone base, or taming your first large dinosaur etc. is no longer as meaningful because of the ease of acquisition.  This also promotes group play and adds immersion to the game in so many ways. Death becomes more terrifying because resources are much harder to come by. Land claiming becomes harder to accomplish. The game is slowed down enough to give players opportunities for fun they otherwise do not get in the current game.

2. Remove Tribe Interface

This would be controversial, but in a hardcore survival game, there should be no menu manager to group players together. Players should be tasked with interacting together via proximity ONLY communication. This would create a whole new level of immersion and social interaction would become paramount to playing.  Imagine running around in the dark and you see another torch in the distance. If it's PvE you might feel the urge to run towards it hoping to discover an ally to adventure with. On PvP however, you might keep your distance and be more aware of your surroundings now knowing there is an enemy nearby.

3. Remove Global Chat and Console Commands

Players that want to communicate should do so in a limited proximity situation like above. This is supposed to be a survival game, and in a hardcore survival mode, you can't just broadcast information on a magical information channel. This would actually make engrams like radios useful beyond quirky RP situations in today's game.

Remove the ability for players to use orbit camera and gamma functions. Keep the player locked in a certain camera position and remove the ability to change the lighting. Night time deserves to be truly dark and require a torch and other lighting sources to survive. It will immerse players even more and create more situations for intense game play moments.

4. Transfers Disabled Permanently

Speaks for itself, there is no place for it in a hardcore survival game.

These are just a couple of examples of ideas that could drastically change the way Ark feels when played. There could be more things worth changing (or not). It wouldn't have to affect current Ark, but could be a game mode option if players wanted to try something different. I'm not saying any of this is in the developers ability or desire to even create this game mode. This is just something players would actually enjoy if they gave it a chance. It follows similar design principles other games use and have used successfully in the past. A survival game should feel dangerous and challenging. Interactions with players should feel unique and spontaneous with an element of both risk and reward. It's a simple way to change the way the game feels and breathe life into the content you already made.

I'm not sure if this has been suggested or not, but, here goes.

A mod on the workshop, the name of which I will not say, allows you to play as a dino. 

I think it would be pretty fun to have a "Left 4 Dead" style mode, spawning in on assigned teams, playing either a human or a dino, as you would Left 4 Dead, with a specific objective for each round. 

A small"ish," series of linear maps designed specifically for the game mode would allow this to perform beautifully. 

Start off in a safe room packed with weapons, armor, and ammo. Supply drops along the way, possibly at each checkpoint. Upon entering the "endzone," dino players would have the opportunity to spawn in as higher tiered dinos. 

On 6/16/2019 at 2:57 PM, TMeek94 said:

Now that you have implemented a mesh detection system and people are actually starting to be fearful of cheating, what about giving everyone a second chance and lifting all bans? I believe it would bring alot of people back and boost community morale. I know alot of fair players that got fed up with being meshed so much that they built in the mesh just to avoid it and are now banned because they didnt wanna be cheated against 

No.

They have done that before. They had their chance. It was in a community crunch.

Legacy vs Official. 

I have been a player since  Beta.  Watched many changes , people leave , people come.  We get a lot of new players come to Legacy for a more enjoyable experience with  tribes , that help create a great community.  

I personally have dinos ive worked on for years  and when  you look at stats across dinos ,  Official out ways Legacy by far.  Was big reason for the split you didn't want mega  tribes already established wiping  new players on release. That's not the case anymore.

Why not open some new servers on official allowing a migration onto those servers from legacy  if you want to wipe Legacy.  Don't think would be too hard.  

Another few comments , we have explorer notes etc work across accounts why not allow all trophies and rewards be account bound allowing more characters to be made , I have one on Legacy Extinction , Island,  Centre , Scorched,  Aberration,  Ragnorock all around the 100. Fort me get all Tek engrams I have to travel to each server,  risking losing a character and every thing they have achieved.

Once legacy goes , like many off the players that I play with. will be end of Ark . Not spending another 5yrs to get to where I am now. 

Thanks for your time. 

Zeuphyr

I would love to see trio servers coming, it would be amazing to see it coming to official. Its the perfect balance because even when you are just a duo u dont have that much of a disadvantage on this servers. More smalltribe servers is what a lot of people want. Kishko even made a petition for solo/duo/trio servers which got over 5k signs. Hopefully you see this, thanks!

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived