Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

Considering that Legacy players are your core players, shutting them down would be a big mistake. As for me, as soon as you shut down Legacy, I will stop playing online. I will salvage what I can from the saved game files and never play online again. That also means never buying anymore DLC or other games from WC. You would be dead to me.

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So far in my opinion classic pvp cluster has been the most balanced pvp setup. The no tek no quetzals is a game changer for raiding. It allows the small tribes to do ok. That being said I'd like to see classic setup for duo or solo tribes with 3x rates and no tek no gigas quetzals. No aberration but allow extinction just no tamed titans. 

3 hours ago, Aylana314159 said:

I think a taming only, no breeding mode could be interesting for both PvP and PvE

I agree.  This would be very interesting and would basically radically alter the play of the game.  This game mode would make cloning chambers more desirable and darn near necessary instead of what they are now, with very few necessary uses.

I have played official  pvp and legacy dabbled a little in pve and solo .. i choose  to play legacy pvp for the community its more relaxed. The veterans have thousands of hours poured into bases and tames i myself in the last year and a half have allmost 1500 hours played .because of the lack of support from wc, it has made a even tighter community we help eachother, we enforce the rules  of ark ourselves .u break the rules we as a community will chat and decide your fate from warnings to full wipe .. the legacy servers are where some of the most dedicated ark players are. Even with the lack of support we praise ark tell people to buy the game everyday. Official pvp is to hard core i got wiped 13 times trying to start out the alpha tribes are unbelievable and the way people treat and talk to each other is horrible. Pve there isn't much to say there boring .. if i might add spikes and boats need auto decay i constantly have to go around destroying them. Waste countless missiles.. prim + is broken get rid of it . as a buisness stand point i would just close all the rando servers for legacy .keep the clusters and give the closing servers the option to take there tames and stuff anywhere and give a little more time to figure out where to go and pack .might even enable pickup for structures so its not as bad to rebuild. I moved from the desert to the redwoods took me a month to just move all my things .. took another 2 months to rebuild .. gotta love being solo.. 

I'm still on legacy, have always been happy with this decision.

I know the servers won't stay forever, but the new servers won't stay forever either, and more important; I won't stick to the same game forever.

why did I stay on legacy pve?

- our friends and allies stayed

- We didn't want to start over. already had nice tames, tek engrams etc.

- we didn't get proper support ever anyway

- hardly anything is pillared

- I will have a savegame at some point (actually looking forward to this atm as I want to take a break from ARK)

what bothers me most is that everything takes so long. there's no fun in watching baby dinos for hours of rl time. reduced food consumption and increased breeding rates is what I would enjoy, also dino decay of at least 2 weeks.

Why did Wildcard stop doing "Fresh PVE" servers? They seemed to be very popular and I enjoyed the fresh start without the transfers for awhile. I enjoy that beginning when you are working to build up and would even like transfers blocked for longer than the 60 days.

A new map similar to island that is green and open and new to explore would be nice also. Most of these mod maps are just way too big and laggy. Would be great to have something the size of the island. 

I think one leg servers should be wiped out maybe a few if you guys want to be nice and honestly saves from leg and official should be given out due some people are just tired and want there saves also I think the servers should have work done on them honestly having servers with 20-30 seconds of lag saves are just nuts and unstable imo and these servers have been having this go on for months I would be truly upset as a server tech seeing servers like this and knowing theres ways of fixing them

I payed single player for years after but looking the legacy mode in the early game. (Xbox) most of what I wanted to happen in ark has. Like I'm mentally controlling the development of the game for my pen fantasy, lol. I started playing prim plus over for the sharing. Then when that went down for a bit Cryo poss came out. I love the mini have styles of Abberation and extinction but I want more water. I hate choosing between all the books and the adventures of the dry maps. And I want am creatures on Abberation. Like just be able to choose a server with no dino restrictions. I also want the breed the bats and bugs. Why not? I mean there are robot dinos that breed  

Also I tried pvp more recently. It was alright but it's a bit boring from the megatribes dominating and no one has imagination. There all meta game. Rexes and gigas. Game mode suggestion: There should be arenas where people can spawn in and just have gladiator style battles. Ranking and stuff. Unlock better dinos and weapons packages Eric etc.

Now I'm in love with over because the community is fun. Again wish had a combo of everything on one nap. Also lag is a joy killer. I would love to just pay and my misadventures be because of the game not the lag/stalling or whatever.

I think that people are to anxious because of PVE settings. Perhaps have some more relaxed style game modes where people can role play or just have fun. Game mode suggestion: pve with Auto decay turned off after the have been set up in an area for a good Kenneth of time. No structure damage. That would eliminate most kiting and unimaginative ugly pvp style Gates and box builds. Make it so severs won't lag with the amount of people that it says can be on them or something. Fix Rag lag especially but all the maps need work. Have pvp zones and arenas where people can go and play pvp style and gladiator style for rewards. Give people a reason to use the University"kibble dinos" I want to see more horses and dinos and dilos. Create community goals like zoo and park building, niche filling, and other fun rewarding mini games that encourage and let people utalized all the little lost creatures that I love. And a bunch for a "Royal tribe" they have to provide the most for the community and be voted to royalty and they have the authority to ban payers from server. But they can be debited by a majority vote to prevent tyranny and have the maintain public service to keep the title. Have goals and missions that the whole community can join in on. The more they do the more they get rewarded. Like simple stuff like breeding a special mutation of dodo. That dodo mutation will provide a special but to anyone who has it therefore creating community cohesion and bringing back the value of the creatures. And did I mention breeding bugs?

Also I would love for it tho be possible to do bosses with any dino you choose. I love wolves but am things it's not real possible to used them to win against bosses. And we need more sales and sounds and costumes, perhaps for rewards. I want to see a ovis costume for a wolf. I also want to see more Aberrant creatures. And a corrupted skin would be cool for dinos, etc etc. 

And piss are the best thing ever. If auto decay was if I would actually play more because it would be less anxiety making. I like real life a bit more then video games so if video games are stressful like real life can be then I'm not really having fun? let's turn all dino food consumption including babies off when gone offline? This might cause some issues that I don't understand but it would make the game more fun. I hate having to choose between the park with my child and filling a good though in a"game". I WILL choose the park everyone. If others are like me turning it off would add players. I mean plenty of other online games don't have your stuff decay or starve right? I'm sure to guys can figure out how to make it work. Where there's a will there's a way.

And a new map combining everything I love forum the other maps. Crystal isles with drops, beings and reapers plus all the above? PLEASE?

?? I know this is a lot but I think it could bring a while new life and more fun to the game. 

P.S. edit. Sorry about the bed to translate my auto correct is aggressive.

I play legacy because I have been on the same server since I first bought the game during its beta stages and have the same group of friends.  Official servers are just a plague now a data and if you're not part of PG or 99 you're wiped day one . Legacy has always been my go to , yes I have been wiped on it before but our great little community stays strong and loyal . 

2 hours ago, Cloverhunter3 said:

I have played official  pvp and legacy dabbled a little in pve and solo .. i choose  to play legacy pvp for the community its more relaxed. The veterans have thousands of hours poured into bases and tames i myself in the last year and a half have allmost 1500 hours played .because of the lack of support from wc, it has made a even tighter community we help eachother, we enforce the rules  of ark ourselves .u break the rules we as a community will chat and decide your fate from warnings to full wipe .. the legacy servers are where some of the most dedicated ark players are. Even with the lack of support we praise ark tell people to buy the game everyday. Official pvp is to hard core i got wiped 13 times trying to start out the alpha tribes are unbelievable and the way people treat and talk to each other is horrible. Pve there isn't much to say there boring .. if i might add spikes and boats need auto decay i constantly have to go around destroying them. Waste countless missiles.. prim + is broken get rid of it . as a buisness stand point i would just close all the rando servers for legacy .keep the clusters and give the closing servers the option to take there tames and stuff anywhere and give a little more time to figure out where to go and pack .might even enable pickup for structures so its not as bad to rebuild. I moved from the desert to the redwoods took me a month to just move all my things .. took another 2 months to rebuild .. gotta love being solo.. 

What server you on ? I have been legacy since before it was legacy lol 

Honestly id like to see a rework to PG (procedural generated) maps and servers that reset to a whole new map like extinction servers.wiping all player progress and even the maps themselves with obs added in to the pg and caves they could also have extinction/ab/scorch donos or maybe you have pg for those map types.currently pg issues are the grounds to bumpy and ackwerd and obviously no obs/bosses.It could lead to a unique experience each time maybe even finding ways to incentives people to replay like tekgram kept on refresh and changed drop tables adding easy build up.itd add a whole new feature to the game for both pve and pvp requiring only a revamp on existing features. obviously it wont be perfect but sense your consistently reseting the servers you can always implement new mechanics to the generation process based off player feedback making this both a much eaiser idea to work on then whole new maps or modes because it can be trialed and errored as it goes as a new experience every month or two.players will get consistently new content and a reason to return to the game at a fairly regular basis with alot of the long term ark problems not becoming and issue (i.e. pillar spaming on pve,mega tribes becoming so late game and over farmed in pvp,and in general all the good spots already taken because the maps are so well known) and devs only have to work with existing content instead of working on something brand new. Just fully rounding out features in game witch will in turn again make players happy because as it speaks pg is kinda broken content ready to be refined lol.

Honestly Ced the main problem with Official, further than meshing, is that it's too difficult to play unless you are apart of a large group.
I think there are loads of players that just want to play Ark, but on Official servers so the progress they make is reputable, on PvE and PvP.

SmallTribes was a good attempt and it was so much better than playing against Mega Tribes. Initially the servers were really successful because people do want to play without Mega Tribes. That said, there were still 6 man tribes that are very good in PvP and 6 man tribes that "teamed up" and with just 2-4 players it was hard to compete, near impossible.

It's too hard to survive against larger tribes or groups of trolls but I think SmallTribes was a step in the right direction, if we could change these servers settings, in favour of the "smaller" sized tribes to make it easier to survive and compete, I think it would be a lot more efficient in hosting the type of server we wanted. Here are my suggestions that I think could improve SmallTribes servers.                                                          ------- or entirely build a new game mode from scratch with.

Small Tribes Update

• Stronger Turret Damage (Harder raiding and easier defending, it's too easy for one group to raid another, so much so they are able to wipe entire servers in such little time.)
  • Lower Gathering, Exp & Taming rates (Consistent 3x actually ended up being too much and with 6 people, making progress came so much faster than to those with 2-4 players - Arks early days, with slow rates, actually made things more valuable and attacking more risky opposed to tribes having tonnes of throw away tames they can raid with.)
  • Specific Raid Times (Specific raid times, for example; Raiding is only allowed on Weekends - Ark is demanding and this would give breathing room for those who can't dedicate as much time.)
  • Offline Raid Protection (Offline Raid Protection helps against players that only want to troll.)
  • Lower Maximum Player Tribe Count (As said previously, 6 players whether they team with another 6 or not, is a huge advantage against actual small tribes. Preferably 3-4.)
  • Extinction Titans Untameable

I really think some focus should be put on those players that want to enjoy surviving and aren't trying to wipe entire servers or solely trying to troll others, but still have the option to PvP, removing the chance of PvP removes the reward you feel for the effort and dedication you put in.

Whether it's an entirely new game mode or a 2.0 version of SmallTribes, something similar to these settings could be used to make something closer to the golden age that was the early days of Ark.

If we don't get to see anything like this I would also love to see a PvE mode that allows PvP on weekends or when a new mode is introduced for PvP some type of "grace period" comes with it and raiding is disabled for a week or two? Anyway I really hope this gets a read, thanks for the ongoing support to make Ark playable to the rest of the community that haven't found their place on Official yet.

Honestly those wanting a wipe on Legacy Servers shouldn't Care about Legacy Servers. They just want something to b*tch about. Official servers have So much servers dedicated to them why cry about a few servers?  Too much narrow minded people not wanting to see the problem. People crying for wipes doesn't Help. (Unless of course if you play pvp that could be understandable. I don't play it). Yes new maps freshly clean but all it takes is that 1 person with 2-3 people to pillar a map in a matter of minutes. The Lag Does Not Disappear With Wipes For PvE. WC Needs to fix the games problems such as in game lag and frequent disconnections issues and other in game issues that others have already stated. I believe ALL servers should stay Regardless of the fact that they are LEGACY or not. With each wipe WC does I wouldn't be surprised that the games population drops because of it. Who would want to invest thousands of hours on a game just to find out that their Official server is being wiped due to 'low population'. 

Anyway rant over, 

Legacy should stay as is. 

New servers I don't believe are needed as the ones up are not being fixed just wiped. 

New games modes. Well maybe have some kind of solo only mode for pvp and see what that does. Not sure if one is already up as I don't play pvp. And for pve maybe have like an event mode every now and then where each server has 1 or 2 unique kinds of dinos. Like a rare Shiny Gold Griffin that glows red similar to the alphas or make it black or pink or green.  Or a microraptor that glows and when you get stunned you catch fire. I don't know something that makes people want to go out of their base and hunt like back in the day. Obvi these are just a wild ideas. 

I want to see the Pre-enforcement team bans looked at?  Some mad moderator and his unethical blanket bans.

If you're going to eliminate the Legacy servers why not eliminate the Legacy bans?

There was 1,700 bans before the game was released.  Some of these Bans were 200+ accounts big.  Because there was no proper way to moderate to servers so they would just wipe complete alliances 20+ tribes from 20 different servers that influenced hundred more accounts just on word-of-mouth of how bad these bans were.

that's how you get a community not really having positive feedback over the Internet or to friends.

You should improve your orp system and implement it on the existing orp cluster and on the new servers. Many people ask for solo or 10 man servers. I would say do both and remove 6 man servers for it. The current small tribe servers are kind of in a bad spot, tribes are too small for many groups or too big for small groups. Both, 10 man and solo servers would have the improved orp system. Its just too hard to cover all time zones without a big tribe. And both would have alliances disabled but unofficial alliances are allowed. Then some balance tweaks as you did for classic servers and it should be good.

A revival of the notek notame servers with improved balance would be awesome as well. Or do sotf servers, but that would require a lot more work i guess. 

I would like to see some more 'fast'  game modes, for example:

-1 week long No tame no tribe hardcore pvp with 40 structures max per person, first 5 days people can create a character, last 2 days you can not create a new character when you die, last one to stand wins

-SoTF like events(or revive SoTF)

-Schneeti's team deathmatch server(mod)

Hello, 

we are playing on the last two original servers. primitive. 

We love that game style, no guns and explosives. Dinos are worth a lot more. You need them incl their special attacks. Its like real survival in dino ages. Without all that future stuff. 

We really wish you would spent primitive some more love. Remove the legacy state, so we could get back a lot more people. I hear so often “oh i like primitive more”. But we dont get any support coz of legacy... wish we had structures plus, arthros a bit nerfed like gigas or theris coz stone is our last tier. They 1-2 hit foundations in a cave...wooden spikes 1hit.

at least you took us a lot servers like scorched earth or other island servers, coz a giant china tribe wiped all every day in past.  But we paid all for the game, you guys learned trough us. Wish we could at least get every new dlc map on our cluster.  So we could as well use the full content where we paid for.

Thanks for you attention :) 

50 minutes ago, provokatze23 said:

Hello, 

we are playing on the last two original servers. primitive. 

We love that game style, no guns and explosives. Dinos are worth a lot more. You need them incl their special attacks. Its like real survival in dino ages. Without all that future stuff. 

We really wish you would spent primitive some more love. Remove the legacy state, so we could get back a lot more people. I hear so often “oh i like primitive more”. But we dont get any support coz of legacy... wish we had structures plus, arthros a bit nerfed like gigas or theris coz stone is our last tier. They 1-2 hit foundations in a cave...wooden spikes 1hit.

at least you took us a lot servers like scorched earth or other island servers, coz a giant china tribe wiped all every day in past.  But we paid all for the game, you guys learned trough us. Wish we could at least get every new dlc map on our cluster.  So we could as well use the full content where we paid for.

Thanks for you attention :) 

Yes the primitive servers are very cool, i have played those as well until ark left early access. They would need some rebalance and other tweaks (especially with the 100 turret limit now) but they can really be fun to play. Sadly wildcard abandoned those and just tells you to join prim plus if you like the primitive gameplay. But prim plus is no real alternative. 

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived