Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

Cedric

10 man servers without extinction 2x rates extinction kinda   killed the game cryo pvp meta is broken you can throw a giga out anywhere in a pvp session and element veins are broken aswell you get 900 element from one 50k vein. extinction pillars are raptored too they can have like 100+ tek turrets 5000 shards  each tek turret on a pillar that you cant access by land.  also managarmr speeds need to nerfed 

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see a lot of calls for 10 man servers lately, so there's an idea.

I also see mega/alpha tribe control as a huge issue. A large part of that can be contributed to unintelligent play style but I also know "Red is dead" is a big mantra to ensure power/protection so perhaps canon map clusters (1 of island, SE, Ab, Extinction) with tribe limits, reduced harvest and xp rate, Mana absence, no joining clusters in the future might spark a rejuvenation.

Mega's will avoid this type because what will they do and who will they fight once they got the cluster locked down?

Alpha's will still exist but there's a chance they won't be able to hold control as efficiency with less people, harvest, and xp.

It also would again get boring if they somehow managed to choke the competition to complete spamming/control of a map.

Limiting to canon maps controls dino level.

Tribe limit; 4 or 5

Harvest - .5

Xp - .75

Maturation - 3x

Taming - 3x

Extinction Titans- Untameable

Cave damage - 10x

No decay timers shown to enemy

Enhanced structure strength ORP

Enhanced turret damage ORP

Mesh detection

Unofficial alliances

No pin locks (to try to limit ORP abuse with multiple accounts)

Wipes every 6 months to 1 year.

Not sure if this would be popular but I'm trying to think of something that would appeal to those who's biggest issues seem to be getting started.

This of course is a PvP mode.

I'm not sure PvE needs an unique game mode since adventures there are self imposed anyway. 

I still think a land claim system plus an expansion of no build zones and a reduction of tribe dino limit would go a long way towards improving PvE.

So maybe, 

A 3x tame/maturation and 2x harvest to keep the breeders happy but a dino limit decrease to 250 or 300.

Increase the distance of how close you can build to an enemy structure to prevent stuff like the teleporter trick placed on a cliff above while instituting the land claim system. 

This limits builds to that land but provides a buffer to how close someone can build to the edge of that land claim boundary.

One main base land claim larger and 2 outpost claims.

Limit rafts/motorboat to 2 active in a tribe. Never have seen someone need more and it prevents raft spamming unless someone wants to create 20 accounts.

They also need a "starve" mechanic in the form of repair cost if they are to be counted as dino's.

Rich resource areas need no build zones. This would also help with pillaring.

Stuff built outside of land claim blocks would get 8 to 12 hour decay timers, no render reset. Traps, etc. should be temporary in this mode. 

For PvE we want to limit structures and dino's on a map (to reduce lag) while helping make the story line achievable. Trading is also a big part of PvE so no small clusters but the continued expansive network currently seen.

There, problems solved.

The reason I play legacy is the time and effort I have put into my servers I have played since beta time. The length of time I have put into pve ark legacy, if the servers were to be deleted I be done with ark, I wouldn't move to official. Just because I started many of the servers like rag, abb and ext from the start and set up bases I enjoyed doing that. I have made many friends along the way on legacy and enjoy the community I play in on pve. Maybe if you opened transfers to official I may consider, because even though my dinos aren't as good as official stats I have bred or tamed these dinos and put my time into, that I wouldn't like to see them go. 

What PvP players want right now is a self way to play (without meshing, dup, etc) and servers without mega tribes (like official), a lot of people think like this, realy.

Also, something to cover our base while offline, cuz too many peoples can't play 16 hours per day all the year, just add 3x turret damages or something like that for make people online raid.

That's what ark players pvp players want, you can choose your own configuration but i still give mine :

- 5 Max players per tribes (cuz 1 or 2 excuse me but it's a bit boring, even if i like solo pvp)

- Everythings in x2 and when it's week end x3 for the event (or 4x cuz ppl will most play the week end)

- Delete all kind of way to mesh, like chair or climbing pick (If u had already fix how to mesh then it's ok)

- Limit raft of 2 per tribes

- Nerf extinction or simply delete tek

- 3x/4x damages of turets while offline

And guess that's can be the best way to play ark right now. Love on you :D

edit : Why not also add the "beginner cluster" just give people a way to start up even if they are late on the main cluster,  get wipe every 2 weeks, that can make intense pvp every times and if you lost everything, you can restart in a good way. And ofc, you can only transfer to main cluster and can't get back to beginner.

Also, i think we should add 1 alliance to my configuration then, we can go for peoples who want 10 man tribes, and for smaller tribes, a great way to play together without mega tribes :D

ORR Offline Raid Reduction

Let's face it, getting offlined sucks. For some that can't be online 24/7 or dont have members from across the globe, getting offlined is inevitable. 

What about ORP servers? BORING!!!! With such a small cluster and all the orp glitching (caves, pins etc) it is extremely boring. It's pretty much pve with occasional beach bob purges.

HEAR ME OUT!!

ORR. Offline Raid Reduction. The rules:

Full official servers (not a cluster, more like smalls)

No more pin codes. Only on vaults etc. (no building in artifact caves either)

12 man tribe limit

2x harvesting/xp/taming AND breeding.

3x harvesting/xp/taming on weekends.

6x bullet damage to attacking dinos/players WHILE OFFLINE

6x Reduced damage to structures while offline.

Turrets and plant x will be active when offline at 1/2 resources used (for every 2 bullets fired only 1 is used. example: Tanking 5k bullets will be like tanking 10k bullets at 6x damage also)

This will force tribes to actually build defended bases. Offline hits will still happen but at a much higher risk and used resources/dinos.

Edit: just saw yek's reply and we have very similar ideas. Do it!!

I only play PVE but I know Cross Platform needs more choices of server, 1 for each map and each zone (EU/US) is not enough. It has been better for Extinction where 5 were added but The Island, The Center, Ragnarok, Scorched Earth and Abberation have suffered with over populations due to having no alternatives to set up on.

2 hours ago, Cedric said:

Weigh In: Legacy, New Servers, and New Modes

We've been receiving feedback that the community is looking for new adventures. This may come in the form of new servers with the original experience or new servers with a twist.  You've been heard!

Let's discuss some relative numbers.  Consider the amount we have servers now as 100% of the servers available for discussion.  In order for new servers to be established, we'll have to take from that 100% (what exists today).  Currently, we look for low population servers or legacy servers when we want to open new types of servers - as we did recently. 

Legacy servers won't be getting support (mesh detection, enforcement, maps, etc).  There will be mixed feelings on this but do not expect legacy to be around forever.  With that in mind, what types of new modes/servers would you like to see?

Legacy players, what makes you stay on legacy?  The community you've built up?

People stay on legacy because the people on there usually old timer, and the community seems closer, less silly things around. All the efforts and time we spent is not easy and with legacy is locked out, we don't have the time to start over again with everything that we build over thousands of hours

39 minutes ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I see a lot of calls for 10 man servers lately, so there's an idea.

I also see mega/alpha tribe control as a huge issue. A large part of that can be contributed to unintelligent play style but I also know "Red is dead" is a big mantra to ensure power/protection so perhaps canon map clusters (1 of island, SE, Ab, Extinction) with tribe limits, reduced harvest and xp rate, Mana absence, no joining clusters in the future might spark a rejuvenation.

Mega's will avoid this type because what will they do and who will they fight once they got the cluster locked down?

Alpha's will still exist but there's a chance they won't be able to hold control as efficiency with less people, harvest, and xp.

It also would again get boring if they somehow managed to choke the competition to complete spamming/control of a map.

Limiting to canon maps controls dino level.

Tribe limit; 4 or 5

Harvest - .5

Xp - .75

Maturation - 3x

Taming - 3x

Extinction Titans- Untameable

Cave damage - 10x

No decay timers shown to enemy

Enhanced structure strength ORP

Enhanced turret damage ORP

Mesh detection

Unofficial alliances

No pin locks (to try to limit ORP abuse with multiple accounts)

Wipes every 6 months to 1 year.

Not sure if this would be popular but I'm trying to think of something that would appeal to those who's biggest issues seem to be getting started.

This of course is a PvP mode.

There, problems solved.

I don't even play PvP and i know this is a terrible idea, you say limiting tribe size and reducing farming would hurt Alpha tribes, but that is exactly who it doesn't hurt, Who is going to have a harder time building up - A tribe with 3 people or a tribe with 5 people? Not only that but you look at big boy PvP streams with Alpha tribes and it isn't the numbers that makes them the Alpha tribes, It's the time and efficiency that keeps them as top dogs, Yet again the reduced farming on XP and Materials will only hurt the players that don't put as many hours in as the people do in Alpha tribes.

The reduction in Farming would just cause players to quit once they get wiped once as you would spend a majority of your time farming as breeding would require a lot less work.

2 hours ago, Cedric said:

There will be mixed feelings on this but do not expect legacy to be around forever. 

Legacy players, what makes you stay on legacy?  The community you've built up?

this is the reason I still play legacy..Most Popular Servers
To avoid players having to move again in future, we're publishing the most popular servers across all platforms. These servers are the top 30 most active Legacy servers on each platform and are ones most likely to be safe from any future server removals this was a statement made by wildcard on the community crunch #135 so that being said I just want to put my 2 cents in ;) why is the player base dropping not the core game forsure … its a great game greatest ive ever played really  to be honest but the lack of support on official/legacy is the reason why the player base is dropping nobody is bored on the game or whatever else u can think of its the trust in our gamemasters the lies that have been told these things are a major issue . I don't need to be dev wiped for breeding 200 featherlights on official I ihave 500 slots on pc. as an example these are the reasons!!!! heres another lets say they wipe all legacy tomorrow ok so my 8000 hours on my pc account went poof I cry abit then I say ok I just join official.       I then make a base a nice one btw take my time then I start taming  an breeding by that time  I have another 3000 hrs in a new player joins writes a bogus ticket I get dev wiped for it  lol  the people that are quitting your game are playing official... not legacy we the legacy community play everyday without the worrie of these situations .   writing skills are not so well sorry guys ;)

First thing my tribe plays PVE and we do not want to see server wipes every 6 months or a year. This would defete the pourpose of PVE. We dont want to go thought of starting over again and again. 

What would be good is to work on the play of the game as it is to make it a more enjoyable experience Lag, Dicing, Kiting, and so on.  Also maybe a rework of the code of conduct and  or support for the players on the issues that happen on every server toxic players, blocking player bases, gasbagging ECT. Just to name a few things. 

We need servers that are pre-extinction not “classic servers” that exclude some of the most fun and exciting dinos in the game. With the introduction of extinction the dynamic of the entire game was changed. With the mobility of managarmrs, the ability to carry an entire raid in your pocket with cryopods, incredibly easy element farm, and turret dinosaurs the game became way to difficult to start up. I have nearly 200 days on ark. Almost exclusively on official. I have built my own massive tribe with friends multiple times until the release of extinction. It is nearly impossible to start fresh and not get raided on pvp servers. You guys have to think about the balance of the game when creating new content. How is anybody supposed to start fresh with mega tribes strolling around on mana scouting the entire map in minutes and tossing out a cryod giga and racer or rock element to raid any base with nearly no effort. Before cryopods you could survive simply by making your base away from obs/drops. Its too easy and too convenient to raid any base you see with a minimum amount of effort. Since the release of extinction I haven’t played more than a month of official and I have been wiped several times within hours of moving from a hidden base that was outgrown to an actual base location. I like gigas, racers, even abberation and reapers are balanced. Tek is nice but you should be able to take a mantis’s to an element vein and farm 500+ element with ease. Element should be challenging to acquire and not be everywhere as it is an endgame resource I love transmitters teleports and all the other tek grams but cryopods are way to op. I love this game and I even met my girlfriend on ark i used to play religiously but now I can’t even manage to build up for a few days or even a few hours without someone flying by on a mana and killing everything/sinking my raft. 

Summary: Pre-extinction ark. manas mobility is way to strong especially when combined with the cryopod, cryopods make raiding way to easy and convenient which in turn makes building up incredibly difficult, element/tek is too accessible and isn’t fun when it’s not and endgame resource. I have almost 200 days of official ark and have led multiple alpha tribes but extinction completely changes the game in a bad way for me. 

36 minutes ago, Banic909 said:

I don't even play PvP and i know this is a terrible idea, you say limiting tribe size and reducing farming would hurt Alpha tribes, but that is exactly who it doesn't hurt, Who is going to have a harder time building up - A tribe with 3 people or a tribe with 5 people? Not only that but you look at big boy PvP streams with Alpha tribes and it isn't the numbers that makes them the Alpha tribes, It's the time and efficiency that keeps them as top dogs, Yet again the reduced farming on XP and Materials will only hurt the players that don't put as many hours in as the people do in Alpha tribes.

The reduction in Farming would just cause players to quit once they get wiped once as you would spend a majority of your time farming as breeding would require a lot less work.

There will always be Alpha tribes but a big way they control the server is superior fire power and structure spam. 

With reduced farming and xp it makes it more time consuming to put that metal towards spam vs bullets. 

Less harvest, less xp to get to heavies and indy forges (lot harder to get 20 indy forges built much less capped) and the closer gap of 1 player v 5, would make for a more balanced and more pvp oriented mode. 

Time will always play the biggest factor and there's no setting that will make someone who puts in half the time with half the man power, catch up to someone who fields a 24 hour, 5 person tribe. 

The reduced xp and harvest will however, make it a little longer for the Alpha's to separate that gap and will make them use that C4 more judicially than wiping every stone hut and metal 1 x1 they see.

24 minutes ago, Quilleute said:

I really liked this idea of No Taming Pve/Pvp servers , but instead of no breed , would be cool if randomly , wilds dropped fertilized eggs . 

?

I think that's a good idea but not for official, ark has been sell for dinos, if u can't tame them or breed that's a bit a lie at this point. That's not for me but why not for an unnoficial :D.

• Cedric locked this topic
  • Cedric unpinned this topic

Archived