ARK 2.0: Dungeons, Bosses, TEK, and more!

GroveStreetJordan

• GroveStreet

Our 2.0 update is releasing this coming Monday, June 17th. Our biggest update yet celebrates our one year anniversary with all-new Dungeons, the introduction of TEK, Tame Chronicling and a whole lot more! Here’s just some of what you have to look forward to:

DUNGEONS

Dungeons are the most challenging activity we’ve ever put into the game. Available once you reach Level 40, you can access them from any Obelisk or REDACTED. Once inside, it’s up to you to collect as much loot as you can and find the Boss Teleporter before time runs out. Many obstacles will stand in your way, and only those who defeat the Boss will be able to extract their non-consumable loot for use back on the Island.
All players are granted one free entry into the Dungeons each day, while Primal Pass holders get a bonus free daily entry. Subsequent daily entries will cost an increasing amount of Amber. Every Tuesday will see a brand-new Dungeon released, with the previous week’s Dungeon returning to the archives. In Single Player you will be able to select certain Dungeons from previous weeks, though the entry cost is increased when the Dungeon is no longer featured.

TEK

This update also introduces TEK items to the game. Our TEK items function a little differently from what some players may know from PC & Console, and can only be obtained via blueprints found in Dungeons. Every Dungeon contains at least one chest with a guaranteed TEK drop. There is only a limited variety of TEK blueprints available each week, and these can be viewed within the Dungeon Access Key. If you miss a TEK blueprint, you will have to wait for another Dungeon to come around that features it.

1561179567_tekbaseblogpost.thumb.png.6d1d3204ed0824042bf3ff53d2656937.png

All TEK is powered with Eery Element, which can only be obtained by defeating bosses in the Dungeons. There is no limit to the amount of Eery Element you can earn in a week from boss battles.

TAME CHRONICLING

Tame Chronicling is an easy way to store your tames for later use, and gain back some of those cherished tame slots. 

1930964543_tamechronicling.thumb.png.cce746b3ee31c1f4b23263f7e97620fc.png

To Chronicle a tame, simply open the creature’s options menu and select the Chronicle button. This process requires the creature to be awake, at full health, with its implant in your inventory, and costs 1 Eery Element. Once Chronicled, the tame can be restored at any revival platform for a flat cost of 2 Ancient Amber (regardless of creature level). 

EERIE CREATURES

All creatures in the Dungeons, both passive and aggressive, are Eerie. This even includes the new creatures we’re introducing - the REDACTED, REDACTED, REDACTED and REDACTED. If you manage to make it out of the Dungeons with an Eerie Implant, you can revive the creature for use back on the Island. These creatures’ Eerie effects even extend to breeding!

Eerie_Dimetrodon_small.thumb.png.3195018046d0e460664786ec374d706e.png

In order for an Eerie baby to be born, both parents must be Eerie. It's also possible that two Eerie parents can have a normal baby with a "reverse" mutation. This was implemented for all of our breeders out there who may want a normal variation of our new creatures.

And with that, I now leave you to strategize on how you’ll complete your first Dungeon run. Will you focus on bringing lots of consumables, or perhaps multiple stacks of ammunition? Are you going to go in blind with your finest gear, or scout it out first before making your decision? The choice is yours. 

You are not prepared.

See you in the Dungeons,
Jordan
Community Manager | War Drum Studios

View full record

Will we be able to use any of the buffs from the amber store in the dungeons?  For example, if I wanted to use the buff where you don’t starve or get thirsty for 6 hours, or the thick skin buff, will I be able to use those kinds of buffs?  Just wondering because I don’t want to use my amber thinking I’m able to and then find out the buffs don’t work in there and then I ended up wasting my amber.

Здравствуйте, сделайте пожалуйста достойный консоль, администрация для не официальных серверов !!!!!

консоль для администрации совсем урезано, сделайте консоль многофункциональным 

Edited by Soldat086

16 hours ago, SpinoDestroyer13 said:

Does anyone else think the first redacted is a revival platform or cave?

I'm thinking a cave due to the center picture above the title being a spot under the Ragnarok Bridge above the canyon. I died on the bridge and my body glitched through the ground. When I went to get I back I used Orbit view to see where it was and it was lying in that hallway. 

7 hours ago, PJPenguin said:

I'm thinking a cave due to the center picture above the title being a spot under the Ragnarok Bridge above the canyon. I died on the bridge and my body glitched through the ground. When I went to get I back I used Orbit view to see where it was and it was lying in that hallway. 

I’m also thinking it could be a new tek item... otherwise there would be little point in not saying what it is

On 6/15/2019 at 10:09 PM, Davaydg said:

So mobile gets the cool stuff? Just leaving pc and console out of it

This is the Ark Mobile forum not the Ark PC and Console forum.  Plus they’ve been saying it for months that this update will have stuff that is only Mobile exclusive.  Besides, both PC and Console have way more stuff that isn’t even on Mobile.

• GroveStreet
On 6/15/2019 at 1:27 AM, GamerGuyJoe said:

Will we be able to use any of the buffs from the amber store in the dungeons?  For example, if I wanted to use the buff where you don’t starve or get thirsty for 6 hours, or the thick skin buff, will I be able to use those kinds of buffs?  Just wondering because I don’t want to use my amber thinking I’m able to and then find out the buffs don’t work in there and then I ended up wasting my amber.

Yes, buffs work in the Dungeons