Triangle foundations/ceilings

Kitalon

Triangle foundations/ceilings

Hello, I'm new around here and new to ARK. I've been wanting to play this game for ages but ended up playing Atlas instead, I was going to get ARK on PC but decided to wait for it to come out on Switch instead as I do a lot of gaming on the go. I'm loving it so far. So I'm just trying to find my feet in-game and building my first base (solo/offline) which leads to my question:

How do I toggle triangular/square foundations or ceilings like I could in Atlas (and like I've seen on YT in ARK PC version)?

Also it would be helpful to know how to rotate building objects such as roofs/slopes because they don't seem to always snap in the right direction that I want them. Thanks in advance.

Kit :)

The developers don’t think we Switch players are important enough to receive the update that allows triangle foundations and ceilings. They aren’t possible on our inferior version of the game.

They also don’t value us enough to give us many of the placement options found on other platforms. The best bet for rotation is to press Y to flip walls, click the top R to toggle through snap points, or click bottom R to place a foundation and then rotate it with the joystick. 

Its a shame you didnt buy this game on PC rather than Switch. I loved my Switch version too...until as assets build up in multiplayer & single player the game becomes more & more unstable to the point of unplayability. Its also so badly supported it makes the guys who complain about changes  & other game related things on other consoles or even phones seem like people complaining their luxery cars air conditioner doesnt cool them fast enough when we Switch owners are driving bicycles, lol Switch support is non existent & any mention of it here on this forum is either ignored in this back alley of a pointless sub forum or removed & deleted if placed anywhere the broader community may get eyes on it

• 4 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Archived