Why do people hate night time?

SaltyMonkey

1 hour ago, Melcreif said:

I like the center and it doesn't have that crazy light all the time but you're right when it does it's very difficult to see. Oh wait you said lightening LOL.  I kinda like the lightening but it does get dreary after awhile.  It's why some folks get depressed when it rains all the time.

More talking about the infinite lightning glitch, sometimes after a lightning storm it doesnt stop and keeps flashing (even if its sunny) forever until you relog

20 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Why do people hate night time?

I love the night in Ark, especially on Aberration when you’ve started fresh and everything is out to kill you. Night time is most appreciated on Scorched Earth so not sure why people would hate it on that map. Even Ragnarok’s broken blue sky from midnight I’ve accepted as a feature (is it?). What else makes survival games more immersive than a shroud of darkness to keep you on your toes?

While you and I don't see eye to eye on the leeds fish thread, I agree with you here. I wish WC would put into place gamma hardware polling software so the game adjusts the gamma back down to correct levels. Nighttime is also a saving grace when fleeing from an enemy. 

When I first started playing this game. My tribe and I had a rule. You get back to base before dark as we lived in the snow region of the island map. You would get lost at night in the winter temp and die. We lost many birds that way. We had a thing that once it got to an in game hour before dusk all the tribe members would remind each other to stop what you are doing and get back. Then we would light up the base with fire light. It was awesome.

gamma has broken so much immersion in this game its not funny.

4 hours ago, johnm81 said:

When I first started playing this game. My tribe and I had a rule. You get back to base before dark as we lived in the snow region of the island map. You would get lost at night in the winter temp and die. We lost many birds that way. We had a thing that once it got to an in game hour before dusk all the tribe members would remind each other to stop what you are doing and get back. Then we would light up the base with fire light. It was awesome.

gamma has broken so much immersion in this game its not funny.

While gamma has always existed, it wasn’t a thing on PvP servers for the longest time. Not sure why the devs implemented it, though probably the same reason they added player location and then with the arrow.

11 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

While gamma has always existed, it wasn’t a thing on PvP servers for the longest time. Not sure why the devs implemented it, though probably the same reason they added player location and then with the arrow.

They put it in because they faced a hard decision. On one hand they knew tech savy players were changing their screens gamma setting so they could see at night giving them a big advantage. On the other hand they knew other players weren't. So the choice was find a way to block gamma changes (very hard to do). Or give gamma options to everyone in game there by taking away the advantage (very easy to do).

WC in true WC fashion did what was easy and not what was hard and imo the best option.

Archived