Should Official servers be wiped for a fresh start?

Parth311

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a few servers should be wiped for sure. I’ve been playing the game for 9 month so and there’s only one thing I’ve ever experienced wrong with it all... I am absolutely SICK of trolls raiding me just to throw out and despawn all my items. I almost never get raided genuinely, I always get discovered by passing trolls and they just tranq me and discard everything, kill an unconscious Dino I’m trying to tame and raptor off only to return to do it again. Over it, it’s not fair conduct and should be banned. Should be a code of conduct for alpha tribes because it just ruins the game for everyone else.

• Volunteer Moderator
2 hours ago, ObscuredSpectre1989 said:

I think a few servers should be wiped for sure. I’ve been playing the game for 9 month so and there’s only one thing I’ve ever experienced wrong with it all... I am absolutely SICK of trolls raiding me just to throw out and despawn all my items. I almost never get raided genuinely, I always get discovered by passing trolls and they just tranq me and discard everything, kill an unconscious Dino I’m trying to tame and raptor off only to return to do it again. Over it, it’s not fair conduct and should be banned. Should be a code of conduct for alpha tribes because it just ruins the game for everyone else.

What you just described is the basic Ark experience on PvP Officials. 

And would happen to you again 3 days after a wipe. 

On 6/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, Parth311 said:

I feel like the game has gotten to a point where everyone so stacked up and the official servers are not as fun anymore. Does anyone else feel like they should wipe again and should have a yearly wipe schedule?

My personal opinion, wipe it and also make it x2 with x3 weekends (not breeding).

On 6/13/2019 at 4:20 PM, Parth311 said:

I feel like the game has gotten to a point where everyone so stacked up and the official servers are not as fun anymore. Does anyone else feel like they should wipe again and should have a yearly wipe schedule?

I'm fine with an annual wipe of the AnnualWipe servers (don't misspell that!), once WC creates that set of servers.
But let's define this a bit more. I think it should be 'Generation' servers, as in, once the ingame-timer has reached either 30 years, or 100 years, then the server gets wiped. Could actually create different variations Gen30, Gen100, etc, to identify how long they survive. 

But as for the existing Official PvP/E servers, heck no! 

I think we must see this from 2 sides:

The Official PVE: People they only want to play the game and Dont want to be wiped they want to progress in the Game and Have some Fun with Other's. When they was wiped,, only'' after the time since The New Server started they want to quit the Game.They still needed their Time also fir The Real Life.

Official PVP: People that loves to build Defense Bases and Grow up very fast they know they can wiped every day in the Game!  They Breed for Fights and Lose Dinos! They made Tribe with few peoples and try to defend enemys!

I think thats not good to Wipe,, All'' Especially PVP!

When some People need a fresh Start please make place For the New Survivors and create a New Character!

No one from The 1 person Tribes has grind weeks over weeks to filled all the Turrets that made your Tribe Save... Hours of Hours!

When you are mad to be raided as a 1 person tribe check the bigger tribes to join! Or made you invisible for them!

I think Close the Legacy Server you have say this years ago and set them freshly up as Beginner Server's

• 2 weeks later...

Yes please  do a full server wipe the game is completley 1 sided right now not just for new players but also old ones as well even with new dlc and servers being put in once transferring in becomes  available for valguero new players and even experienced players have no way possible to survive the ark with mega tribes just completely  covering the maps with spam and the flooding  of the servers  with dinos and structures that probably have been dupped a few times there is no possible  way of defending  against within the short period of time we have to build up before transferring in is enabled i consider myself a very experienced ark player and have  had my fair share of wipes as we all do but its to the point where experience  can't even make a difference  anymore  just the number of tribemates matter now. Extinction servers had the exact same issue once transferring in was made available and is now unplayable  to anyone not affiliated with a mega tribe because  spawns are blocked off  so we are unable to enter the map,attempt  tame titans, do element vains, or just simply pvp its not fair to anyone  that  buys an expansion that they are unable  to experience  the dlc because  mega tribes that had the resources or the slaves decided  they were gonna lockdown the servers for their own personal benefits  and screw everyone  else they also use this method to go against  wildcards rules and force players to buy dinos with real life money because  if  theres an exclusive  dino only obtainable  on a map you are unable to spawn in or play on to obtain 1 how else can you get it unless you never get 1 or are forced to pay for 1 so i vote yes a fresh start/wipe of all servers should be considered so the game  is not  pay to win but play to win.

14 minutes ago, 414GooN said:

Yes please  do a full server wipe the game is completley 1 sided right now not just for new players but also old ones as well even with new dlc and servers being put in once transferring in becomes  available for valguero new players and even experienced players have no way possible to survive the ark with mega tribes just completely  covering the maps with spam and the flooding  of the servers  with dinos and structures that probably have been dupped a few times there is no possible  way of defending  against within the short period of time we have to build up before transferring in is enabled i consider myself a very experienced ark player and have  had my fair share of wipes as we all do but its to the point where experience  can't even make a difference  anymore  just the number of tribemates matter now. Extinction servers had the exact same issue once transferring in was made available and is now unplayable  to anyone not affiliated with a mega tribe because  spawns are blocked off  so we are unable to enter the map,attempt  tame titans, do element vains, or just simply pvp its not fair to anyone  that  buys an expansion that they are unable  to experience  the dlc because  mega tribes that had the resources or the slaves decided  they were gonna lockdown the servers for their own personal benefits  and screw everyone  else they also use this method to go against  wildcards rules and force players to buy dinos with real life money because  if  theres an exclusive  dino only obtainable  on a map you are unable to spawn in or play on to obtain 1 how else can you get it unless you never get 1 or are forced to pay for 1 so i vote yes a fresh start/wipe of all servers should be considered so the game  is not  pay to win but play to win.

For the love of Moses who aligns their text in the center of their posts? Between that and your lack of periods you've made my eyes bleed today good sir. As to your point, I can't say much because I am on PvE and you are obviously on PvP but jerks are going to always be jerks. Even if you wiped the mega tribes and gave everyone an equal playing field their manpower, organization, and overall experience will give them an advantage and they'll be back where they were in no time doing the exact same thing.

On the actual topic I probably don't have anything new to add to the discussion 5 pages in but I'd say that adding separate servers with a wipe function would be fine but would be adamantly opposed to wiping all existing servers. Most of the complaints I get from people on PvE is that they have nowhere to build because of the pillars but in most cases this is new people to the server and once they look around and find a spot they like they usually settle down. Obviously WC wants to appeal to new players but please don't do so at the expense of players that have been on this game since beta, such as myself. Thanks.

On 7/9/2019 at 8:57 PM, johnm81 said:

My personal opinion, wipe it and also make it x2 with x3 weekends (not breeding).

I saw someone else laugh at your suggestion, but actually it has merit.  If a wipe is necessary, which with all the duped gear out there I think it just might then why not at least reward everyone with an elevated and extended evolution event, it just makes sense to me.  I wouldn't necessarily omit breading either since the larger tribes being wiped will of course lose a ton of bred dinos as well.  This should and would of course apply to PVP official servers only and not PVE.

1 hour ago, Cowgirl said:

Why should everyone who has dedicated months or years to their stuff have to start over just because you were late to the show? 

This thread has completely went off topic. Yes the servers should be wiped cause the megas are hording away mass amounts of duped items and it's not fair to new tribes trying to build up. Bit also it wouldn't change who the megas were they would be alphas again because they are large coordinated groups. Also wiping the servers is useless if they haven't found a real solution to the duping and meshing because we would just back in the same place.  The ultimate goal really should be to find who has the duped items and video shot it , screenshot it.

Wiping will not fix the problem.  Not unless it was an in real life mind wipe of all the people who have played this game since beta.  There will always be an unfair advantage in pvp and pve of those who just simply know more than you do about game dynamics.  It sucks and it is a big hit on the ego.  It also drives people apart and makes an unfriendly back biting community.

The game itself is fun but single player is way to boring and unofficial is way to rural.

There really isn't any way to fix Ark official.  One can only hope someone else produces a similar game with more solo boosting dynamics.  One with roaming mobs, pet collections and house building.  A game that does not look like a candy store with lego sales exploded in your eyeballs (not talking about ark).

Ark is a good game but it's not perfect.  And it is not fix'able.  You would have to gut it and rebuild from the ground up.

21 hours ago, Melcreif said:

I saw someone else laugh at your suggestion, but actually it has merit.  If a wipe is necessary, which with all the duped gear out there I think it just might then why not at least reward everyone with an elevated and extended evolution event, it just makes sense to me.  I wouldn't necessarily omit breading either since the larger tribes being wiped will of course lose a ton of bred dinos as well.  This should and would of course apply to PVP official servers only and not PVE.

good point. id be okay with accelerated breeding as well.

Archived