Should Official servers be wiped for a fresh start?

Parth311

1 minute ago, Fukushu said:

@SMP that is actually disturbing. I can only hope that you will one day find something else that brings you joy which doesn't include others suffering.

Spare me the sanctimony.  I'm not over here kicking starving dogs and mocking cripples.  I'm simply amused by people who blow silly video game stuff out of proportion instead of just recognizing it as recreational entertainment.

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Rustyrickshaw said:

The plug in dosnt stop meshing it stops you from being able to do anything in the mesh. It prevents undermaping bases. And obviously tribes will rejoin but they will rejoin to a server void of large bases with obs not locked down with all the rocks and trees and stuff still standing there won’t be base locations foundations off and spam all over it would be great. 

The plug in wont work 100%, ppl will find a way to do it anyway.

The 30-40 man tribes will be the alphas, and they just going to wipe every server they can with the desert titan because ppl wont be able to defend themselfs.

In pve the ppl are just going to place pillars everywhere, and the cap problem will hit the servers in 2-3weeks.

You can go and play on 30 day long servers if you like the fresh start.

after 2 years i collected the materials to start building my base which is now 20% done.
finishing the base could take half a year.
its not a super large building but it will be a beautiful one.
i did not even finished the first stage of basilo breeding yet, im at 27/40 mutations. i worked on this project since day 1

and similar in new pvp official where i also play, i just started combining tek raptors and we are working on a new expansion for breeding.
also here a breeding project here can take half a year if not longer.

like others said, pro wipe people just want to see the world burn, they are slackers, they achieve nothing and are jealous at others hard work.

18 hours ago, Melcreif said:

A couple of thoughts on this:

1. Sorry but I call bull crap on most of those people saying if there was a full wipe of official servers they'd quit.  Do I think they'd stop playing and try something else for awhile? Sure I absolutely think that would happen and I think it's great!  People need a chance to stop playing Ark for awhile and try other things.  The nature of this game makes that possibility difficult so a wipe would allow that healthy act to happen.  Mark my words though they'll eventually come back.  This game just pulls at you like no other game I've ever played.  You get tired of playing for awhile but it'll call you back.

If I were to give my 10 cent, only THOSE that thinks like this are rare, if not extreme. Most people don't want to waste their time trying to rebuild everything again when it just gets boring again after a wipe and will truly quit. And even if they come back, chances are it will mostly either be single player, or private Non-official dedicated server.

I have a few people I know stopped coming to the game, mainly because of the fact it got boring. Even after their bases and creatures were wiped due to inactivity, they still didn't come back. Even if they did, its mostly just to look around (and die often), but not bothered to build or tame anything.

Don't get me wrong, its nice to try new things once in a while and get off ARK and come back eventually, but some people don't want to spend all their time redoing things, or trying to climb back their milestones. They just rather leave the thing buried if it dies (wiped), and leave it as it is, never trying to start anew. Some are persistent, but not everyone will have that kind of mindset.

What's really important? The end results of our labors, or the experience of gaining them? 

For some, it's the things they have built or bred or tamed which have value.  Unfortunately, those things are fragile and temporary.

For some, the value lies in the lessons they've learned, the stories they can tell, the friends they have made.  Those things cannot be wiped.

On 6/13/2019 at 11:49 PM, Cedric said:

Interesting to see the opinions on this. On Twitter people would like me to believe everyone wants a wipe.

Twitter is 90% noob PvP players, even if you'd wipe now they'd cry again in a month because big pvp tribes have dominated the cluster again.This is also the group that cries for x2 breeding every weekend on the event tweet. That group simply isnt made for the current state of official, you cant survive and get big on official pvp playing 1-2hours a day solo.

If you wipe the cluster now, people will start to cry again in a month:

-PvE people will complain about it being 'pillared everywhere' and having no spot to build(99% of the time this is just because most popular build spots will be taken while there is plenty of land away from the beach to build

-PvP people(that arent in a mega tribe) will complain about things being unfair because they can't solo vs a megatribe

Lol, I think if they want to kill off leagacy servers then why not kill em all. Start it new and say the hell with everyone, Legacy and Official ^_^ or, stop letting WildCard pit legacy and official against each other just to help hide there inadequacy at being a competent company.

I see folk saying Legacy is on borrowed time and needs to be shut down when they should be posting about how on Offical it can take well over a month for the paid team of Customer Support to even reply back if you get that lucky. It's crazy to think that someone on a games Official severs can lose 1000's of hours of work to a timer glitch, food glitch, stasis glitch, mesh glitch or to just good ole fashion cheaters and trolls with no relative support from the Dev team or support staff for 30+ days....

WildCard loves to see both sides of its player base use it's time to cut each other down because it let's them continue to undermine the actual needs of its players. And then they come at you to say that they are hard at work for us when meshing is just now being addressed after what, like 5 years.

I know tons of good people in legacy and Official, and when they are in a chat you cant tell who is from where...they all have the same problems for the most part, they all need WildCard to fix their game...for everyone. Wild card knows shutting down servers is a hot button and they love to press it and sooner or later it will be more and more Offical servers on a chopping block unless everyone draws a line for WildCard. 

Or, you know. Just say the hell with everyone and let it all burn away ^_^

Wishing you all the best, Savicto.

3 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

You make it sound so casual,  but the only 30 some odd cryo fridges of tames I have didn’t fall into my lap and come out of no where. 

Thats not including the bases I have on each map either. That alone is a absurd amount of effort. 

It took years of dedicated work and effort.

If people wanted wipes they should advocate for a server that wipes regularly. Wether it be pve or pvp. Idc. Wc can repurpose some old legacy servers or get some new ones.

So again, I think your attitude towards pve official wipes is irrational and disgusting.

I, too have put in years of "dedicated work and effort" into the game.  As a result of server wipes, I've lost huge bases , hundreds of dinos, genetics, BPs, etc.  No tears were shed.  It's all just pretend video game stuff, and I got my fun out of it all. 

Even if there is no impending server wipe for officals, you'd best be prepared for the day someone makes the decision that maintaining them isn't worth the money, and all your hard work ceases to exist.

The option to start again is there for everyone, you can choose to start a new character on a server anytime you want. Drag yourself up from Beach Bob and then destroy all you have worked for as you please. I suspect jealousy makes you want everyone else to have to start again too.

The suggestion that some people would like to see a full wipe just so they can enjoy the distress of others shows they are not interested in what is best for the game but are looking to satisfy some sadistic or psychopathic desire

If WC decide to wipe all the servers they best make hazmat suits tier 1 equipment as the toxicity level of the players that remain will be off the charts.

1 hour ago, SMP said:

I, too have put in years of "dedicated work and effort" into the game.  As a result of server wipes, I've lost huge bases , hundreds of dinos, genetics, BPs, etc.  No tears were shed.  It's all just pretend video game stuff, and I got my fun out of it all. 

Even if there is no impending server wipe for officals, you'd best be prepared for the day someone makes the decision that maintaining them isn't worth the money, and all your hard work ceases to exist.

so you are a legacy players then if i dont read it wrong, i choose to move to official before they announced the wipe for the server.  I lost a lot of breeding lines, boss rexes item etc etc. but i wasnt that ignorand to stay on legacy to think that they would not wipe it. Dont trust a company that says they wont wipe a server  and suddenly they drop all support and announce they willl do wipes. 

Every game has a end that does not mean that because some players are furstrated they should do a wipe, like the other player said you can choose to wipe your self and make a new bob.

3 hours ago, Hemplethwaite said:

The suggestion that some people would like to see a full wipe just so they can enjoy the distress of others shows they are not interested in what is best for the game but are looking to satisfy some sadistic or psychopathic desire

Probably best not to judge someone's character by the way they act in a role-playing game.  I don't automatically assume that people who are vehemently against the wipe are supernerds who have nothing going in life other than some imaginary pets.

2 hours ago, SMP said:

Probably best not to judge someone's character by the way they act in a role-playing game.  I don't automatically assume that people who are vehemently against the wipe are supernerds who have nothing going in life other than some imaginary pets.

I've never interacted with you in a role playing game. This is a public forum and your comments about taking pleasure from seeing people in distress were here. If you don't like being judged on your public comments maybe you should consider your comments first.

I'm pretty sure that SMP is either a troll or someone who doesn't accept that others can have fun or experience the game in different ways than him. 

His only argument is that everything is transient and that we all should accept that everything will be gone one day, which is not the point of this whole thread.

He is fishing for reasons after he got called out for stating that he would enjoy seeing others lose all their ingame progress.

We all know that this is a game but we still spend time with it and like I said before, you should just accept that people play this game differently than you. 

My old army buddy loves action in Ark while I'm more calm and enjoy simple things like gathering/farming/breeding.

People can do what they want in this game, it's the freedom of it and it's also understandable that some people don't mind wipes and others do. 

You won't be able to understand the reason why people don't want a wipe if you are so hung up on your argument that everything will be gone one day. Same with me not understanding people who want a wipe and start all over all the time (POE/Diablo Seasons). 

We can still accept each others opinions and try to search for a way that will make everyone happy. Instead you are hoping for a wipe, so that you can see others cry over their lost ingame achievements.

59 minutes ago, Hemplethwaite said:

I've never interacted with you in a role playing game. This is a public forum and your comments about taking pleasure from seeing people in distress were here. If you don't like being judged on your public comments maybe you should consider your comments first.

Welcome to the internet my friend, first time? Are you really suggesting that people’s online persona dictate’s how they act in reality? If so, you need to put the keyboard/controller down and get back to said reality because it’s clear you can’t distinguish between the two.

20 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Welcome to the internet my friend, first time? Are you really suggesting that people’s online persona dictate’s how they act in reality? If so, you need to put the keyboard/controller down and get back to said reality because it’s clear you can’t distinguish between the two.

I'm not your friend.

I'm sorry, schizophrenia is a real issue and I didn't mean to offend anyone or any of their personalities.

Archived