Should Official servers be wiped for a fresh start?

Parth311

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I dislike games like diablo or Path of Exile because of the seasons. You grind and farm for a whole season just to lose it at the end. Then you have to start all over again with the same poop.

So it's a very HARD NO from me, I wouldn't like a wipe.

They should remove the legecy servers and put out new servers for people who like a fresh start.

34 minutes ago, Parth311 said:

Should Official servers be wiped for a fresh start?

I feel like the game has gotten to a point where everyone so stacked up and the official servers are not as fun anymore. Does anyone else feel like they should wipe again and should have a yearly wipe schedule?

Nope, I grinded/bred too much for my stuff, but you can start over

Also a no here, only been on the new servers for about 2 months (old legacy player - over 11K hours on ark), but already have enough invested that a wipe would make me question whether to keep playing. Do feel there's a place for a circa 3 month wipe cluster on PvP though - long enough to progress to tek, but not so long as to encourage mega tribes - the old 1 month wipe servers were too short a time to really get going for most players IMO.

Go away.......  if they would suddenly do that would definitely be the end of ark for me. Didn't waste years of work for getting wiped because some new players cannot adjust to the game.

Already got backstabbed once by not keeping their word on ea servers something like this would be the end. 

But they got servers that get wiped each month ppl that want to have wipes could join those or buy their own private servers. And if you do not like progress of other players play singleplayer.

Been playing official PVE with my tribe since the game came out of early access and still play pretty much daily. Would be devastated losing all our dinos and work. Its silly but we get attached to these pixel buggers.

One of our tribemates went to pvp and is part of one of the biggest megatribes. He streamed the base for us and the insane amount of time and patience that goes into these bases is outstanding. 

Guess the ones demanding a wipe couldn't care less about what we lose and would get satisfaction out of it. 

2 minutes ago, SMP said:

HECK YEAH!  I would absolutely love to see all the official servers wiped.  The flood of tears would be glorious.

Sounds like a good idea but they would lose half their player base. And the same alphas would just be alpha all over again it wouldn't change anything. Legacy's alphas are still alphas on these new servers, so it wouldn't fix anything. Large Alliances are organized! 

1 minute ago, Vengecide said:

Sounds like a good idea but they would lose half their player base. And the same alphas would just be alpha all over again it wouldn't change anything. Legacy's alphas are still alphas on these new servers, so it wouldn't fix anything. Large Alliances are organized! 

I doubt they would lose any significant amount of players on a long-term basis.  After a week or two of indignation, the aggrieved would start missing their purple jerboas and be jumping right back on to a fresh server.

4 hours ago, Cedric said:

Interesting to see the opinions on this. On Twitter people would like me to believe everyone wants a wipe.

You don’t see many people on Reddit advocating for a wipe either but Twitter is filled with people who make moronic statements, I’m surprised you’re able to filter it out. People who spam you aren’t worthy of mentioning.

5 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

You don’t see many people on Reddit advocating for a wipe either but Twitter is filled with people who make moronic statements, I’m surprised you’re able to filter it out. People who spam you aren’t worthy of mentioning.

Where would a wipe be acceptable? On servers that barely have any players and no giant bases. I would say if we are going to wipe official servers wipe barely used servers and make them into fresh start server for about 60 days then they become part of the old clusters again.

4 minutes ago, Vengecide said:

Where would a wipe be acceptable? On servers that barely have any players and no giant bases. I would say if we are going to wipe official servers wipe barely used servers and make them into fresh start server for about 60 days then they become part of the old clusters again.

But the people advocating for these wipes do so for the opposite, heavily built up servers.

6 hours ago, Cedric said:

Interesting to see the opinions on this. On Twitter people would like me to believe everyone wants a wipe.

All the new players want a wipe to "make it more fair" but fact is we worked our asses off for 2 years since new servers came on and were forced to abandon legacy, which made me and my friend quit a few times. Years of breeding just lost. Older players don't want a wipe. I think it's pretty obvious only players on pvp and those that recently started on pve want a wipe

I myself started from scratch numerous times and I don't want a wipe. Players should choose to wipe themselves via inactivity only. Dunno why some people are so destructive to everyone just cause they're noobs

PS: few days ago I was witnessing a hilarious conversation on chat where some guy demanded another guys base cause he built where he built 2 months ago but he stoped playing for a month. 

Point being autodecay is close enough to a wipe and it's not needed. I see old bases gone every day and new built in its place by new players, it's a circle of life.

2 hours ago, Vengecide said:

Where would a wipe be acceptable?

After this long awaited meshing patch which may or may not happen they should wipe all Official PvP servers. Hundreds of mesh bases. All of my tribemates are going  to hide there and i don't want to go down that route. Pretty much every tribe i've joined got a mesh base server.

On a side note, when i quit ark the other day, 2 days later my tribe gets meshed again marking my 11 base lost ye yeee yeeeeeeeeeeah

Archived