Bad Neighbors

Noob Neighbors

Hello, I am a solo player on Xbox official pvp. I am new to pvp as most of my hours are in single player. I live in a one by two hut made half of stone, half of metal around the southern intents (not on the beach). I have a metal tools, a crossbow, a pike, and chitin armor. I also have a 1 by 1 by 2 stone hut nearby that I keep my level 35 pteradon in. About 2 days ago, I noticed a 3 by 3 by 2 wooden base built up the hill that I live on. Yesterday I logged on and found that all of the rocks and trees hiding my base from the right side were gone! The guys wooden base was there and now he has absolutely no cover. I am worried that if someone goes to raid his base that they will see my base and also raid it. The guy seems to play once or twice a day, but I haven’t actually seen him or his tribe. I was thinking of flying on top of his base and getting aggrieved from some nearby trikes using my crossbow. I am also planning to farm some metal near by and relocate. Are both of these ideas good? Thanks in advance! 

I once had a tiny 2x2 made of stone. It was at the base of a cliff entirely surrounded by boulders. The only way to see it was to fly around a boulder and between two boulders. I assumed it was as hidden as could be. 

Someone found it and raided it.

No matter how well you think you’ve hidden your base someone is gonna find it too. Hiding doesn’t work in Ark long term.

52 minutes ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

@mattj @SMPOn the note of diplomacy, how do I know if I should become an ally with a person or raid them? What determines it for you? There is no point playing pvp if you are going to be friends with everyone. 

Never ally with anyone lol

Early strategy: Figure out who the top dogs are.  Compliment them on dinos/bases.  Laugh and encourage them when they're fighting with someone else.  Let them know when you spot an AWOL dino of theirs, instead of eating it.  Stuff like that.

Late strategy:  Supply something they need.  Breed frogs or dimos or ankys, something that most folks would desire when high level w/ good stats.  They may want your loot, but if they want your genetics worse, you should be relatively safe.

ask around see who ever is the alpha, try and cosy up to them. offer to be a spy for them if they ever need a scout, help them out with some things, i would ask the dude that intruded on you if he wants to join you, if he dont join you or move and u cant find a better base location that you can move to at your state of gear just destroy his house before he goes to stone, once he is stone you r screwed. leave a billboard or note in a box, maybe give him a tame like a dilo with a note in it, way it down so it cant move when u unclaim it. if he dont move just kill the dilo and sick the trikes on the house, i would suggest if you can brake down his door, eat a rare flower when some pteras and other things are nearby, eat the in his base and all hell will be laid down on his base. and you will get the spoils. hope this help @JustAnotherBeachNoob. i to like democrecy but if thye cant be reasoned with i dont mind tearing down a base to make them move or listen. also i would watch out, maybe put narcotic traps and spike walls around your base, he may try to raid u. bty narcotic traps are sooooo underrated, they great for taming and pvp. especially when in your position

17 hours ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

@mattj @SMPOn the note of diplomacy, how do I know if I should become an ally with a person or raid them? What determines it for you? There is no point playing pvp if you are going to be friends with everyone. 

I lead the alpha tribe on our official PvP server on Switch. We talk with people and watch them for a good long while. We help them. We ask them to help us. Then if they aren’t shady we ally. Every single solo or tribe on our server is either friends or allied. It’s peaceful. We all get to progress without being set back all the time. We love it.

and when someone comes in running their mouth that “GET READY 2 GET RAIDED THIS IS PVP” they get knocked and tossed in the jail or run out. so there’s pvp too.

I feel like the jist I am getting is that if I see a tribe weaker than me I should help them out. Say give them a metal pick to help them harvest. One thing strange about my server is that no one ever uses chat. I don’t know if there even is an alpha on the server. On the note of helping others, it definitely feel like that makes sense, but what about logged off players that I’m not allied with. Especially ones living in a thatch hut on the beach or small wood 1 by 1s far away from my base. Should I leave them a wooden sign taking about how I would like to be allies? Also, how do I give gifts to players if they aren’t logged on? I make sure that someone else won’t come along and claim the Dilo I left as a present. Is still okay to raid people if they live far away from me. (Note: when I say raid I just mean smash down the door and steal what I want. No foundation wiping or tame killing.) I don’t play more than 3 hours a day and I usually don’t see very many people. I would love to become allies with everyone in the area, but I usually see 0-1 people a day. (Note: I live on a low pop server with about 5 people on at a time) Thanks again for all the tips and I’ll make sure I leave signs outside my neighbors doors and give gifts to those I meet in person.

The thing is like myself if I want my tribe to wipe a server I'm the scout I go I build a crappy thatch\wood stone cap shack and I play the innocent  player thenoob... but in reality  I'm a pro fixing to wipe your server on a noob account  ....I play there few weeks like this I befriend the alpha or at least play the role of a beach Bob tame ptera get wiped rebuild lol I will do this while scoping your bases and gathering  base info screenshoting bases  then the purge comes 2 weeks later ... every player except your tribe or close friends are the enemy. .

33 minutes ago, Lycan187u said:

The thing is like myself if I want my tribe to wipe a server I'm the scout I go I build a crappy thatch\wood stone cap shack and I play the innocent  player thenoob... but in reality  I'm a pro fixing to wipe your server on a noob account  ....I play there few weeks like this I befriend the alpha or at least play the role of a beach Bob tame ptera get wiped rebuild lol I will do this while scoping your bases and gathering  base info screenshoting bases  then the purge comes 2 weeks later ... every player except your tribe or close friends are the enemy. .

I despise people like you. Come and try to scout my CrossArk. Oh, wait..

21 hours ago, CitoaK said:

Rocks and trees cant hide you. With the right settings your base renders in view before your so called "cover". That's how I scout bases...

And basically you’re cheating as well as admitting it ? Man, people can’t just ever do things the right way. Always have to screw it up somehow 

21 minutes ago, MackTheKnife said:

Am i not allowed to criticize people? If you do cheesey moves like being a snitch for a big bad tribe instead of taking care of business yourself then you’re gonna get called out, not sure what to tell you ?

Playing different roles is fun.  The white knight, the infiltrator, the Hun... Gotta put the RP in RPG.

Coming into a server, lying, accepting help from the locals, scouting and then wiping them is despicable behavior. How do you sleep at night.

Creating friendships and alliances and talking through disputes has saved my server from annihilation more than once. We get intel about scouts from tribes and solos that we aren’t even allied with because we are good people and our server mates actually want us to be safe.

if some of y’all tried not being sociopaths you’d probably get wiped less

1 hour ago, MackTheKnife said:

I despise people like you. Come and try to scout my CrossArk. Oh, wait..

Very easily done ;) even crossarks are not safe from people with a goal xD 20 random lvl 1 players joined ur ark xD just need hide a week done deal xD why do you despise  ppl like me I mean it is warfare ...playing the game as intended...

6 minutes ago, mattj said:

Coming into a server, lying, accepting help from the locals, scouting and then wiping them is despicable behavior. How do you sleep at night.

Creating friendships and alliances and talking through disputes has saved my server from annihilation more than once. We get intel about scouts from tribes and solos that we aren’t even allied with because we are good people and our server mates actually want us to be safe.

I sleep very well with all that yummy loot ;)

Archived