vanishing dinos Removed from tribe due to disconnecting

Majestic

Removed from tribe due to disconnecting

joined my server un-podded some babies got them loaded up and started to do my daily ark choirs today was a day i would go to rag and farm beaver dams being a island player i can get 10k+ paste in a couple hours on rag so i podded  my griffin & thylo transferred to my usual rag server spent 2 hours gathering paste.

After 2 trips 2 both beaver locations i transferred back spawned on my bed with everything in my inv , paste , griffin, thylo, ect. Just doing what i do more than 3 times a week un-podded my griffin un-podded my thylo. (which i send straight in to cryo sickness wakes up in 5 mins so don't care ) Went to my vault put away my haul of paste for the night which was 10k pretty normal run hopped on my griffin to go over to my breeding pin which is 10 wing flaps away noticed my gates were not loading in. Couldn't land my griffin so i waited prob a full min before i simply left the ark nothing strange normal disconnection imo. So i rejoined my server told me it couldn't find the address again very normal issue so i force quit the game.

Rejoined my server ah ok lets get these imprints done this is where the poop starts hitting the fan so i log in normally.  Ask me to pick a spawn point ah must of died ! well ok um being the owner of the tribe i cant be kicked ! Was the only person on the entire server ! So here i am tribe less on my lvl 103 char naked on the beach !

Hit up a tribe mate like hey bro come get me. Add me back to the tribe of course he  is like what happened? So he sends me a invitation i can not accept it tried many times come to find out im still in the tribe ! Well maybe i duped my char. So log off that server and join back to the rag server i go to every time  for my paste runs it wants me to make a new char so my char is not there i hit my home button to bring up the menu to exit the ark !

So i rejoin back to my home server go to a supply drop transfer off my home server  back to the rag server i always join then transfer back to my home server ! im now back in the tribe as if nothing every happened oh but lost of things did happen my thylo that i un-podded along with the griffin i was ridding when i left the ark along with the 10k paste and my whole inv are all gone with out a trace just poof gone !!!

Hope this helps

so my questions are :

#1 how can i avoid this ?

#2 has this happened to anyone else?

#3 was this caused by a char dupe?  

i'm a very experienced player who has been playing since day 1 with a  few breaks hear and there i have never been so unlucky ever lol 

while i'm editing i want to add that i duped my char 2 days before this happened. Had to work that issue out. FB groups are saying i got hit with a roll back glitch. Personally i wouldn't call it a glitch but more of a mechanic placed to help players like my self who have poor connection at times but for this to cause me to loose 2 tames! lucky for me both can be replaced !

44 minutes ago, Majestic said:

yes My grammar sucks lol but doesn’t mean I don’t deserve a few answer to my questions ! 

Its not the grammer but the block of text tbh. Just edit it and split it into paragraphs is you want people to read it. On a side note I did read it and I was assuming it was the char dupe glitch that was causing your problems since you had your same level char but it was naked but you said you checked that and wasnt it so I dont really have an answer to explain what happened to you.

9 hours ago, Majestic said:

yes My grammar sucks lol but doesn’t mean I don’t deserve a few answer to my questions ! 

And if you want people to help you, they deserve for you to write a post that's easy to read and understand. You're the one who needs help, and that means you're the one who needs to make it easier for people to help you.

Or... you can just leave your original post a big mess and watch a bunch more people say that your OP needs to be fixed. The choice is up to you, if you really want help then you'll do what is needed for you to get it.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

And if you want people to help you, they deserve for you to write a post that's easy to read and understand. You're the one who needs help, and that means you're the one who needs to make it easier for people to help you.

Or... you can just leave your original post a big mess and watch a bunch more people say that your OP needs to be fixed. The choice is up to you, if you really want help then you'll do what is needed for you to get it.

Heat of the moment i was up set and just slaying my keyboard trying to get the fresh thoughts on to the screen. Honestly my biggest concern after playing this game since day 1 with thousands of blacked boxed transfers in my history! What went wrong this time ?

Made it back to my server everything turned green was prob in my tribe a good 2-3 mins before i was kicked off the server! 

Just to rejoin tribe less which is what honestly baffles me the most ! 

when i fixed my char the last time i duped it it asked me do u wish to overwrite the char on this server. When i rejoined after leaving i was never asked if i wanted to overwrite anything!

Was also removed from my tribe when i had to over write my char when i duped it 2 days ago. 

On 6/13/2019 at 6:17 AM, Majestic said:

so my questions are :

#1 how can i avoid this ?

#2 has this happened to anyone else?

#3 was this caused by a char dupe?  

i'm a very experienced player who has been playing since day 1 with a  few breaks hear and there i have never been so unlucky ever lol 

while i'm editing i want to add that i duped my char 2 days before this happened. Had to work that issue out. FB groups are saying i got hit with a roll back glitch. Personally i wouldn't call it a glitch but more of a mechanic placed to help players like my self who have poor connection at times but for this to cause me to loose 2 tames! lucky for me both can be replaced !

I'm not sure you can avoid it, but in most cases the best way to avoid having character problems is to wait until after a server save to transfer off of the server.  Having said that, I don't think it would have helped you in this case. I'm looking at this section of your post:

" Couldn't land my griffin so i waited prob a full min before i simply left the ark nothing strange normal disconnection imo. So i rejoined my server told me it couldn't find the address again very normal issue so i force quit the game. "

When you couldn't land your griffin it looks like the server was having a problem, and it did a roll back after you disconnected. The reason that you couldn't find the address again was that the rollback was in progress, and by the time you got back into the game the rollback had completed.

Even if you were super careful to make sure that there was a server save to protect your character every time you move back and forth, a rollback can ruin that careful planning. Since your home server did a rollback it didn't know that you had transferred home, it didn't know that you had put away your paste or that you brought your tames back home. It looks like you were somewhat lucky to even get your character back, since you had previously transferred from Rag back to home your character was no longer stored in the obelisk.

I might be misinterpreting something in there, but that's how it looks to me. So basically we're back to the basics, the best way to keep characters safe is to make sure there's a server save in between character transfers, but always be aware that a server rollback can mess things up.

1 hour ago, Pipinghot said:

I'm not sure you can avoid it, but in most cases the best way to avoid having character problems is to wait until after a server save to transfer off of the server.  Having said that, I don't think it would have helped you in this case. I'm looking at this section of your post:

" Couldn't land my griffin so i waited prob a full min before i simply left the ark nothing strange normal disconnection imo. So i rejoined my server told me it couldn't find the address again very normal issue so i force quit the game. "

When you couldn't land your griffin it looks like the server was having a problem, and it did a roll back after you disconnected. The reason that you couldn't find the address again was that the rollback was in progress, and by the time you got back into the game the rollback had completed.

Even if you were super careful to make sure that there was a server save to protect your character every time you move back and forth, a rollback can ruin that careful planning. Since your home server did a rollback it didn't know that you had transferred home, it didn't know that you had put away your paste or that you brought your tames back home. It looks like you were somewhat lucky to even get your character back, since you had previously transferred from Rag back to home your character was no longer stored in the obelisk.

I might be misinterpreting something in there, but that's how it looks to me. So basically we're back to the basics, the best way to keep characters safe is to make sure there's a server save in between character transfers, but always be aware that a server rollback can mess things up.

What stuns me about this whole thing is why out of the 10,000 transfers I have done. Why  did it do it this time ?

Guess it’s one of those wrong place wrong time kinda things . Also why do u think it kicked me from my tribe?

I was still technically in the tribe even after I joined the server ? Was only after I rejoined that it automatically put me back in my tribe. which is what baffles me the most bc never ounce was I removed from the tribe I mean I couldn’t be even if they wanted too! 

Ty for your feed back on this hopefully this will help other players understand further on how this can be avoid in the future 

14 hours ago, Majestic said:

What stuns me about this whole thing is why out of the 10,000 transfers I have done. Why  did it do it this time ?

Just bad luck. You transferred back home just at the same time the server was having a problem and crashing.

Also why do u think it kicked me from my tribe?

I'm not certain, but I strongly suspect that if you had waited another 5-10 minutes to log back in it wouldn't have kicked you from your tribe. When a server is recovering from a crash & rollback it takes a few minutes for it to be stable and dependable. That's not just an ARK thing, I'm talking about any server in any business, when a server crashes there can be a variety of unpredictable results and generally speaking it's best to let them run for a few minutes before doing anything with them. My thinking is that it was busy trying to finish restoring from the back up, which means going through a bunch of files so it can "remember" where all of the dino's where, what all of the tribes are, which survivors are in he tribes - and it just hadn't gotten to your tribe file yet.

I was still technically in the tribe even after I joined the server ? Was only after I rejoined that it automatically put me back in my tribe. which is what baffles me the most bc never ounce was I removed from the tribe I mean I couldn’t be even if they wanted too!

Yeah, this is what I'm getting at. On an Official server there are lots of tribes, and that means that there are lots of tribe files. I think it was reading through the list of tribe files, figuring out which tribes were on the server and which characters were in the tribes, and the first time you logged back in after the crash it just hadn't gotten to your tribe yet. By the time you rejoined it had found your tribe file and realized you were in the tribe.

Archived