Pteradon storage

Pteradn storage

Hello, I am a solo player on Xbox official pvp. I am new to pvp as most of my hours are in single player. I live in a one by two hut made half of stone, half of metal around the southern inlets. I have a metal tools, a crossbow, a pike, and chitin armor. I have no tames, and I am planing on gaming a ptera this afternoon. My main problem is that I don’t have a spot to store my ptera. The only reason I haven’t been raided is, because my base is very hidden. I am considering building a 1 by 1 stone building two stories tall with one side being two double doors on top of each other a lit ways from my base. While testing this out in single player I noticed the ptera’s wings sticking out a bit. I am wondering if players can attack him or if the alpha carno in the area would. This leads me to my next question. Should I put a roof on the hut, and what should I set my ptera’s aggression level to? I will probably put him to passive flee as I will probably be taming a ptera around level 15. Thanks!

1 hour ago, JustAnotherBeachNoob said:

Pteradn storage

Hello, I am a solo player on Xbox official pvp. I am new to pvp as most of my hours are in single player. I live in a one by two hut made half of stone, half of metal around 75 lat 45 lon. I have a metal tools, a crossbow, a pike, and chitin armor. I have no tames, and I am planing on gaming a ptera this afternoon. My main problem is that I don’t have a spot to store my ptera. The only reason I haven’t been raided is, because my base is very hidden. I am considering building a 1 by 1 stone building two stories tall with one side being two double doors on top of each other a lit ways from my base. While testing this out in single player I noticed the ptera’s wings sticking out a bit. I am wondering if players can attack him or if the alpha carno in the area would. This leads me to my next question. Should I put a roof on the hut, and what should I set my ptera’s aggression level to? I will probably put him to passive flee as I will probably be taming a ptera around level 15. Thanks!

Ah yes this is always the concern when starting out and wanting your first tame.  Typically no you can't have your bird attacked from creatures outside your building even if it's sticking out a bit.  It might be possible to kill it with a pike, but I don't think so as it should be protected.  Your biggest concern IMO will be folks flying around with Parasaurs set on enemy detect looking for bases like yours so once you have a pteri you'll be vulnerable to that type of detection.  If you've been logging out with your body inside the base then you've avoided that sort of detection to this point so adding the pteri won't be any greater risk.  The best thing you can do for yourself is head to extinction and get some cryopods.  That'll eliminate this issue the fastest.  If you tame an owl and build an enforcer it's a great way to defend blue orbital drops and get your self a few cryopods to help you hide your tames.  Good luck!

Thanks for the advise. I had not thought about parasours. I am planning on having my pteradon hut a little ways away form my base, perhaps about 50 meters. I might add in some fence foundations to protect against players using a pike. Sadly, I don’t have extinction so crypods aren’t an option ?. Thanks for the tips though!

I'm not sure if it can be bit through. some areas you can and some you can't.

In my experience, avoid anything that would otherwise increase the stealth of your base. 

Someone said cryopod and that is by far the best way. But that's not always the easiest.

I recently restarted and went the no-mana route. Tame 3-4 Pteras. Keep 2 in upload. Keep 1 for use nearby your base. 

And then fly the last one to the top of the map and dismount. Remember where it is and you'll always have an extra ptera to use (unless someone someone finds)

Consider playing aberration. It is by far the best map for solo players. 

Archived