Trolled by server and Hyena can glitch spiked walls?

HoboNation

Trolled by server and Hyena can glitch spiked walls?

Ever felt like the server itself has trolled you, almost like an invisible admin is following you around and trying their best just to mess with you, I know I have.

Yesterday I had tamed my first argent on the Arkpocalypse server I like to play on, so i'm out looking to level it up when I see an alpha Carnitorus, Some good levels right there. I start killing it which takes forever, like a good 20 - 30 mins of hitting this bloody thing, finaly it's on last tier bloody and almost dead when oh no server timeout... AMAZING, Log back in to find what I expected, I am dead and so is my argent.... Great. I suck it up and head back to my argent cage to tame a new one, Find a level 130, bait it in tranq it out, get some mutton and wait... Argents at 80% when low and behold a pack of 5 hyena appear right behind me and inside the ring of spiked walls I have around my argent taming cage and are immediately going for the argent. Argent dies, I kill all 5 Hyena out of anger. Angry but not defeated I lure a level 140 into the cage, I double layer my spike walls tranq it and repeat as I did before. Argents gets to 85% when low and behold a pack of 5 new hyena are sprinting at the cage. I then watch as they glitch over my spike walls as if they weren't even there and once again they ignore me to attack the argent. I tried but once it has taken that much damage it is pointless that I used mutton instead of raw meat anyway and so even if I had saved it it would be a failed tame. I killed all the hyena in the area now, we talking a rampage of atleast 10-12 little sh*** and then I suck it up one last time to lure in another level 130.

Just so happens a player on his griffin wanders past at this time while I am looking for mutton to tame my 4th argent now, and he snipes it, then snipes me and a elemental Golem kills the Kangaroo I was using to get around. The player who killed me was actually a cool guy and apologised after I told him what I had just been through, he said he actually tried to save my kangaroo from the rock element but for some reason he couldnt get its aggro off of it ( probably because the kangaroo belonged to me lol wild animals have it out for me ) it was at that point I called it a day and almost feel like taking a long break from ark.

These kinds of things happens so often where it almost feels like something is actively trying to mess with me, I just end up getting tilted, Thing is I was a heck of a lot more tilted by 2 packs of random Hyena that have magical spike wall jumping powers, than I was about the guy who came to snipe me, thats just fair play and I appreciate PvP, what I dont appreaciate is that not only is it a massive coincidence that I get 2 packs of separate hyena that are hellbent on killing my almost tamed argents but that also they can just jump over the very things that are supposed to keep them out.I am curious how many other people have stories like this, and if you wish to share them please do.

EDIT: It makes me feel that it is written into the game for wild dinos to go out of their way to try kill a taming creature if it is almost finished taming, I mean it wasnt like Hyena were just wandering past and happened to get into aggro range of my Argent, I watched the second group sprint at my taming pen from miles away as if they knew exactly what they were doing. It isnt like I was just taming it out in the open either, I had prepared for this ( or so I thought) and thats why I had put a ring of spiked walls around my pen before I started taming anything, 20 carno's couldve spawned and I wouldve been fine with those walls but no it has to be Hyena who can just jump over those spikes BOTH RAPTORING TIMESX :LKAJSRUOOOiaubsgl. Ark be like "oh I see you have put up spiked walls to protect your taming creature, thats cute, here hold my beer and watch this" I dont doubt that had that player not come past to snipe the last argent, that a 3rd pack of Hyena wouldve spawned in from the sky directly above me and dropped right on top of the argent. 

I am at the point where I want to remove every Hyena on that server from the game, It's not like I couldnt if I tried, I know that killing them just lets them respawn, But If I build a stone box near every Hyena pack I see and then bait and trap them in there, they wont de spawn as long as they are close enough to their natural spawn point if I am not mistaken. I could literally let them all rot in boxes all over the map.

I am about one more failed tamed argent from devoting the rest of this wipe on arkpocalypse to doing just that and removing Hyena from play. Im going to try again after work tonight and get JUST ONE GOD DAM TAMED ARGENT. And if once more funny business occurs, Hyenadons I am coming for you all.

When i set my mind to something I don't stop, im the kind of player who can spam 150 plants in an area over 2 days as a solo player and have them all be fertilized and fully grown with no other tames besides a pig and some dung beetles, trapping every Hyena in a Biom would be a cake walk compared to that.

Archived