How to change ark theme ? (stucked in extinction theme)

Undael

How to change ark theme ? (stucked in extinction theme)

Hello,

I come here after a hour of research, who gave nothing.

Since i have extinction, when i'm playing on Ragnarok, The Island or The Center, i can't have the old theme (i want to hear because i'm nostalgic ?).

I tried to switch in other map (i'm playing on ragnarok map for the moment), but nothing has changed).

I need help, if someone know how to fix it, please! It is a bug, or it's normal ? I love the old theme...

Thanks you in advance,
Undael

PS : When i'm loading ragnarok i have the old theme (loading music, but not the theme). Trying with scorched earth if it can solve.

zdLrQvW.png

When i load scorched earth and return to the menu i have aberration screen but scorched earth music... weird xD

7 hours ago, TomBakerARK said:

I thought I heard it mentioned once before that the game looks at the last map you played, and that is the theme it launches with.

I'm currently at work, but when I get home I can dig into the INI's as I think i've seen the last map played in there. You could just change it before launch to an older map name.

Hello, thanks for your answer :) 

I don't usually look at the .ini files. You said "you could just change it before launch to an older map name", but where you can change that ? 

Good evening :) 
Undael

7 hours ago, TomBakerARK said:

I thought I heard it mentioned once before that the game looks at the last map you played, and that is the theme it launches with.

I'm currently at work, but when I get home I can dig into the INI's as I think i've seen the last map played in there. You could just change it before launch to an older map name.

It used to do that but since extinctions release it refuses to show or play any theme except extinctions.  I hvnt played extinction in months and its still showing extinctions background and playing extinctions theme music.  Ive only been playing island and center which should be the original.

1 hour ago, Onimusha759 said:

It used to do that but since extinctions release it refuses to show or play any theme except extinctions.  I hvnt played extinction in months and its still showing extinctions background and playing extinctions theme music.  Ive only been playing island and center which should be the original.

Hello Onimusha759,

I see we have the same problem... I didn't played extinction for a while (just with a friend in private server but at least 4 months), just Ragnarok now and can't stop this theme. It's frustrating :/ 

It would be nice if the game let you choose which theme you could see at startup.  I played a game once, I think it was Civ4, that let you choose the DLC theme music as you started the game from a choice of any of the installed DLC themes.  That would be a nice feature addition for the settings menu.  I would choose Aberration, best theme song IMO.  Random would be nice as well.

• 3 months later...
  • Volunteer Moderator
26 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

My main menus are both ext and I have never set foot on an ext server,, I don't have that one yet, I only play on theisland.

Yeah I just tested and something seems broken. If the LastPlayedMap is set to ScorchedEarth_P or Aberration_P, then the main menu will be Aberration and every other maps (Island, Rag, etc, etc.) default to Extinction menu.

40 minutes ago, invincibleqc said:

Yeah I just tested and something seems broken. If the LastPlayedMap is set to ScorchedEarth_P or Aberration_P, then the main menu will be Aberration and every other maps (Island, Rag, etc, etc.) default to Extinction menu.

Mine always changed depending on what they sold last. First it was normal default, then it was SE when SE was put out, then Abb when Abb was put out and then Ext and it hasnt changed since. Actually I do remember a time when it would change between SE and default but it hasn't changed at all since I think the release of Abb.

• Volunteer Moderator
27 minutes ago, Cowgirl said:

Mine always changed depending on what they sold last. First it was normal default, then it was SE when SE was put out, then Abb when Abb was put out and then Ext and it hasnt changed since. Actually I do remember a time when it would change between SE and default but it hasn't changed at all since I think the release of Abb.

It used to still work fine for all maps at the time I posted the post I linked above so it was broken in the past 5 months (probably with the addition of Valguero if I had to guess).

• 6 months later...

Archived