Servers not working

Servers not working

Hi everyone who might be reading this, I have been having a major Issue lately with ARK on PC. Ever since I first purchased ARK for PC there has been a BIG ISSUE and I now this is happening for many players right now and that is how underpopulated the server I have BEEN ABLE to see. There is also a issue with how little server results I get. when I was playing with a friend he was getting like 2000+ servers and I was getting a max of 30 and 80 on a good day which I was really confused about and all the servers that I have had a max of 2 players. Also when ever I tried to join my friends lobby it would load for like 10-20 minuets and then would say cannot find server which really bothered me because I like playing ARK with other players and having cool raids and just being able to talk to others. And I was frustrated and I scattered the web trying to find any information about this issue and I think I have a completely different issue. I have verified the game nothing changed uninstalled the game nothing changed I really enjoyed this game on XBOX but I like PC more and would really like to play one of my favorite games on PC and not XBOX. I am just wondering if there is anybody with the same problem as me and is willing to help. and if there is a good server its got like 1000 plus ping. I don't like playing on official but it does the same thing for official.     

20190610210659_1.jpg

20190610210421_1.jpg

Seems like you might have a connection problem to the steam network. There are various reasons for this. The one that I commonly get on my gaming PC is when I change the MTU to 512 for a different game, and then come back to ARK and forget to set it back to 1500. Thus when I play, I cannot join any servers. But I don't know if this is your issue. It's like as if something is interfering with your connection, or you are being routed through a proxy service. You wouldn't happen to be using trend micro would you? That AV program uses a proxy service, claiming that it's to protect your privacy. Trust me, there are so many ways companies and governments track your data, and your IP address is only a small part of that. Just today I did a CCleaner and removed 151 trackers off my computer. Think about that. Anyways, um, good luck to you, because sadly this is one of those problems where you have to kinda guess around or search until something works. Although there might be one way that could work. If you go into device manager and reinstall your ethernet or wifi drivers, it will bring everything back to defaults, and thus you could effectively attempt to connect from there and hopefully all good. Best of luck again.

You wouldn't happen to be using trend micro would you? That AV program uses a proxy service, claiming that it's to protect your privacy. Trust me, there are so many ways companies and governments track your data, and your IP address is only a small part of that" I dont really know what exactly this means but i will try and reinstall my internet drivers

Server issues

Hi everybody I am doing another post about the issue I am currently having. So I am having some issues with ARK on PC and was woundering if anybody had the same experince or has feedback on what I should do. So when I first got ARK I was and still am having issues with ARKS Servers unoffical and offical. Whenever I try to load and find servers I am missing thousands of servers and only getting double digit numbers for the amount of servers I am finding. On my last post I was only finding only low to no pop servers which is fruasting because I can't play specific servers with my friends. Also I was getting like 1000+ ping servers. but scince my last post I have fixed the ping issue some how but am still getting little amount of servers and low to no pop servers. here are the things I have done:

1). restarted computer

2).uninstalled the game and reinstall the game

3).verifyed the game through steam 

4).went through command prompt and did the win reset thing 

5). I have updated my internet drivers.

none of those have shown any signs of my game working properly and I really dont know what to do. If there is any idea on how to fix this issues please comment anything would be greatful thank you.

SERVER ISSUES POTENTIAL FIND

@Sphere Sphere thank you so much for the help and I think I might have discovered something about IP's I tried to join NakedZombos Dead Deil (big ARK youtuber). but I tried to join him on steam because I cant find him in ARK server listing but I can use his IP to find it through steam. When I used the IP ( 209.222.109.58:27015)  it switch from the play IP to the Query IP (209.222.109.58:27016)  instantly and the server is still not responding (not a surpise) and there is like 141/50 players which is not true because the website says 20 players are online. Also when ever I try to fix it back to the playable it says server not found which is impossible. I was just woundering if this could mean anything like if I have to port forward or not.  Thank you for all the help.632802618_ARKSTUFF.thumb.png.12b6a7b513cb96bb81a82104b22f5929.png

The server needs on both the server and the modem, the ports 7777, 7778 TCP and UDP, and 27015 TCP and UDP to be open. Is this being done?

I get the same problem when I query that server.

When I make a quick connect in my browser to join, it says %friend% is currently not playing on any game server.

This means that the server is not available to the Internet.

• Volunteer Moderator
3 hours ago, Jumpdragon3 said:

SERVER ISSUES POTENTIAL FIND

@Sphere Sphere thank you so much for the help and I think I might have discovered something about IP's I tried to join NakedZombos Dead Deil (big ARK youtuber). but I tried to join him on steam because I cant find him in ARK server listing but I can use his IP to find it through steam. When I used the IP ( 209.222.109.58:27015)  it switch from the play IP to the Query IP (209.222.109.58:27016)  instantly and the server is still not responding (not a surpise) and there is like 141/50 players which is not true because the website says 20 players are online. Also when ever I try to fix it back to the playable it says server not found which is impossible. I was just woundering if this could mean anything like if I have to port forward or not.  Thank you for all the help.632802618_ARKSTUFF.thumb.png.12b6a7b513cb96bb81a82104b22f5929.png

You are unable to connect because of the mods. When you attempt to join the server via the steam browser (or via connect link steam://connect/209.222.109.58:27016), you can see that steam attempts to initialize the downloads but timeout. You should be able to connect and successfully download the workshop contents via the in-game browser. Follow the following steps:

• Make sure ARK is closed.
  • On steam, click on View → Servers.
  • Switch to the [Favorites] tab.
  • Click on [ADD A SERVER].
  • Enter the IP: 209.222.109.58:27016
  • Click on [ADD THIS ADDRESS TO FAVORITES].
  • Launch ARK.
  • Switch to the [Favorites] filter.
  • Select that server and it should starts downloading all the required mods.

It will takes a while to download all the mods, and will timeout multiple times but after a while you should be able to connect to the server. Alternatively you can manually subscribe and download the mods that server is running and join the server once they are downloaded:

• Volunteer Moderator
Just now, Jumpdragon3 said:

@Sphere the new map just came out and i tried to join the server on dedicated but when ever I try to join it instantly kicks me from joining and puts me right back at the main menu 

This is because you don't "own" the DLC entirely. Go to the store page and click on DOWNLOAD:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1100810/Valguero__ARK_Expansion_Map/

Then after an extra 2.9 GB update, you should be good to go.

Archived