Community Crunch 185: The Great Migration

StudioWildcard

Hey Survivors! Welcome to the latest edition of the Community Crunch! :Jerbhi:

The Great Migration

d3c3f0d23e5423f22a59a7c064e0355f.jpg

As a reminder, tomorrow we are removing some of our lower population legacy ARK servers on PC, Xbox, and PS4 from our Official Legacy network.  These servers will begin to go offline permanently at 11AMPST/1PM EST.  See below for a list of affected servers:

How To Move Servers
If you are unfamiliar with the process, you are able to upload your items, creatures, and player through the Obelisk terminal, supply drops, as well as the Tek Transmitter. Survivors are advised to use Cross-ARK immediately to relocate their belongings onto a server that is not included in our take-down list above.

Server Saves of Deleted Servers
We will make the save files available as soon as we can. We will host the PC files which anyone can download and then you are welcome to re-host the save file for your own use. We'll include a link to where you can download server saves in this post when they are available. Nitrado will also be able to provide the saves for use on Nitrado servers for console, as they have done in the past.

We're Going Live!

63044019d8293f22295b61009863822b.jpg

On Monday, June 17th, we'll be going live at 3:00 PM PST on Twitch to discuss a few things in store for the future.  Tune in to get a "pizza" what's coming up. You don't want to miss out!

Mod Contest News

Mod-Contest.jpg.75de44a57f481fe9240b8296

A quick reminder that the mod contest is still open for submissions.  You have until 6/29 to enter your submission before voting begins. 

At the end of the contest, there will be a raffle held for each category. Voting gets you a chance to win an ARK: Collectors Edition box set that has been signed by members of the development team!

large.SignedCE_Sized.jpg

Social Roundup

Image result for ark

The Social Roundup is geared to showing you some of the social activity you might be otherwise missing. Here we will highlight some of the posts that happened on our various social platforms. Topics might range from existing bugs to questions about events or future content. 

RE: GASBAGS EXPLOIT

RE: MOD WINNERS BECOMING OFFICIAL CONTENT

RE: METRICS

RE: MESHING

RE: TIMELINES AND DATES

Evolution Event!

large.large.EvoEvent.png.eeb58694dd9d4cb

Survivors on all platforms will be receiving a special Evolution Event perk this weekend! It will be active from Friday the 14th of June at 1 PM EST until Monday the 17th of June at 3 PM EST. All Official Servers across each platform will be undergoing this evolutionary change which includes:

• 2x Harvesting Rates
  • 2x Taming Rates
  • 2x EXP Rates

That's it for this week!

As always if you’ve got anything to share you can find us at:

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

Suggestion : each week the community crunch should include links to 5 suggestions from the forums (and one given suggestion can't be linked in more than one community crunch).
Not necessarily the most popular (not necessarily the least popular of course :P ) and OBVIOUSLY with no strings attached from the WildCard team, but so that people have a shot at upvoting some suggestions they have not seen. Or don't have the time to comb through. There is just so much to read since the revamp.

...obviously I didn't post that in the suggestions :P 

• Thanks 4

14 minutes ago, Ironpancakemoose said:

When will you guys discuss the current issue of "no viable base locations" and people just living in caves. For official of course.

Ya, all the official servers are impossible to build up on (unless you get lucky). We need new servers to come out! I love this game but I hate 20x servers being the only boosted servers with high pop. On console the last type of server we got was small tribes and if you try to build up you get wiped within days of starting. Just please put something out for console that is playable. 

43 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

I asked a few times before, but why do some buildings auto-decay and some stay there until someone demolishes them? (gates, campfires, torches, spike walls, tree sap collectors, etc?)

This. This is a good question. There was a gate on PC PVE-OfficialLegacy32 that was straight up out of reach to demo on Craig's Island. Idk if it's still there but it was annoying to look at. And I could never get at it to get rid of the eyesore.

@Atlantis Hello fellow Stargate fan! /wave

unless you're not, in which case ignore my presumptuousness :)

edited because autocorrect is the bane of my existence

Edited by JessHawke

5 minutes ago, JessHawke said:

This. This is a good question. There was a gate on PC PVE-OfficialLegacy32 that was straight up out of reach to demo on Craig's Island. Idk if it's still there but it was annoying to look at. And I could never get at it to get rid of the eyesore.

@Atlantis Hello fellow Stargate fan! /wave 

unless you're not, in which case ignore my presumptuousness :)

edited because autocorrect is the bane of my existence

Use a quetz with platform or tek suit to get rid of it. Also I assume tree sap collectors block thyla spawns?

Haha yes I am! :) Hi!

22 minutes ago, Atlantis said:

Use a quetz with platform or tek suit to get rid of it. Also I assume tree sap collectors block thyla spawns?

Haha yes I am! :) Hi!

Unfortunately, I had neither of those while I was on the server :c
Also, not that I've ever seen? There were a ton of sap taps (with no platforms) on 32, and there were still Thylas everywhere.

5 minutes ago, Zesh said:

Hey look a 4th Community Crunch dedicated to the Migration, with little content elsewhere. 

Seriously guys? A months worth of crunches for one damn thing? It's a good thing it happens tomorrow, I'm tired of hearing about it.

Last week was a nice change and now you are right back to the old crap.

It's been announced TWO weeks ago.

I would like to know how the team is planning on supporting the next gen of consoles when the time comes and if the old gen consoles will be phased out to create a more stable game in the long run.

The Xbox S is struggling big time on officials and causing servers to crash rendering in big bases or big battles.

The Xbox X is struggling to get half decent fps in big raids or defences.

Surely the ultimate plan is to play ARK free from servers crashing and low fps?

Regarding the storyline of ark, is scorched earth going to have asending animation also will the story notes be changed? I appreciate that it was brought out early to help with money but it kind of ruins the story of ark, especially when I read that they could just go when ever they wanted and that the manticore had no real purpose as they didn't have to fight it. really big fan of the game I have all maps and look forward to future maps and storyline. Kind regards Ben.

Edited by Be10130