MAC Version ShamefuL, HELP

m0rt1L

MAC Version ShamefuL, HELP

I have just purchased the MAC version of ARK through steam for £44.99. I don't know how you can justify charging a penny for this game after running it on my MAC Pro or am I missing something?

I am struggling to get over 30FPS with certain spikes going as low as 10FPS, totally unplayable.

MAC PRO 5,1
96GB RAM
2 X 3.5GHZ XEON 12 CORE
NVIDIA 6GB GTX 980 TI
SSD

With this amount of grunt, the game should be at least playable.

If anyone could shed any light on any fixes or tips to increase the FPS.

Thanks in advance

it probably runs much better then on the macbook pro.. (with me only good for jumping beds mostly)Never seen a clear patch for the mac other then when they patch the game is  later on the mac, i think the support on mac is poor. You are better of on a pc then on a mac since rly you probably heared this alot mac has good builds but not good for games (anymore). Looks almost like apple is yust a name they wanna put on the supported list. Other option is checking for driver support> dual boot? still supported?

And dont think it has anything to do with your ram ^^

Would expect it to run like crazy on your machine.

Good point, I might try it out through bootcamp and windows. I've come to the conclusion that its just a poorly optimized game, I play RUST on the same machine on maxed out settings with a huge framerate.

The fact that they even charge for this on the mac is a very bitter pill to swallow. Getting a refund would be like pi$$ing in the wind!

1 hour ago, Oli4 said:

Sounds pretty normal to me, especially in bigger bases

On the mac the "lag, frame" drop is more/different can compare it with my pc. i do not even try to do a scar run or taming even flying mostly harvesting and bed jumping or dual log with my main account to craft.  Ark performance is bad for me on the mac

Archived