About breeding and mutation stacking

hezsq

About breeding and mutation stacking

So i have a clean pair of same stat rexes and by breeding a while i got a male breeder with 15 mutations, male breeder is breeding with clean base female. I'm getting new babies with 15/20 patrilineal and 0/20 matrilineal mutations.Question is when i cap the mutations on 20/20 patrilineal side. How can i go on breeding to cap both sides 20/20? 

46 minutes ago, hezsq said:

yes i watched some of them the point is i saw dinos with like 123/20 mutations for example. what i need to know is actually if dino reaches above 20 mutations can you still get a stat upgrade from mutation or not. should i try to get the 20/20 or try as much mutations as possible?

Just always keep females clean. Only mutate the males. 

Once you start breeding mutated males with mutated females the numbers go up, but it is meaningless. 

you can still get stat upgrades through mutations so long as one side is clean. Once you cap out at 20/20 on the pat side you can keep mutting on the mat side and then transfer the mat side back to the pat via breeding between male and female hatches.

Once you cap at 20 however, you're effectively reducing your mutation rate by 50% as now you only have the chance to hit that stat mut on one side as opposed to both.

14 hours ago, Jacira said:

you can still get stat upgrades through mutations so long as one side is clean.

Let me disagree. I managed to get a new mutation on some crazy capped rex line (probably everyone on legacy has rexes from them). They had so many mutation so the counter became negative at one point.

The offspring got food mutation and new colour region.

offspringtree.JPG

UPD: I mean, you probably need years and years of inbreeding in order to reach that, but just telling you it;s possible.

19 hours ago, Geneweave said:

Let me disagree. I managed to get a new mutation on some crazy capped rex line (probably everyone on legacy has rexes from them). They had so many mutation so the counter became negative at one point.

The offspring got food mutation and new colour region.

offspringtree.JPG

UPD: I mean, you probably need years and years of inbreeding in order to reach that, but just telling you it;s possible.

That used to always be the case on legacy servers. No matter how many mutations you had you could always get new ones. The /20 meant nothing on legacy.

On new pve servers however I believe it's different.

i learnt something from a youtuer, if you can somehow transfer  mutations from on side to another e.g pat-mat it can allow you to get unlimited muts, it works aswell. he got up to 100 mutations. his Rex was op as hell. i manged to get my thyla to40/20 muts on pat side while o/20 on the mat side, i just transferred the muts on the mat side to the pat side via breeidng. then it allowed for the other side to be filled again and so on, it like filling a bucket the pouring it into a tank, fill the bucket up and just pour it into the tank and keep goin, then just keep going till it overflows. 

I’m not convinced that moving all the mut count over to the opposite gendered parents ancestry actually “cleans” the mutation count.   I haven’t seen results that show it to be better than just plugging away with a my best stud regardless of counter.    

Each time I move the mutation count over.  The mutations I get still show up only on the clean parents side.

all these questions have been answered by me and others in multiple threads.

when you hit 20 in the count,  basically you go from two parents who can mutate, with one parent that has the 55% chance of being the one who mutates and the other with a 45% chance of being the one who mutates,  down to one parent with the 45% chance being your only option to force a mutation.  You lose just over half of your chances to get a mutation.

in this you can get around the problem simply by throwing more breeders at the problem.  Double the number of clean females you use to mate with a dirty male and you will negate the effective loss of chances.

Archived