Anyway to progress far without having to be in the sea?

FoxGirlNatani

Anyway to progress far without having to be in the sea?

I don't like the water at all, the large open sea body I'm talking. I have a real life fear of large bodies of open water and the random attacks by things doesn't help. I love this game but worried I can't actually get far if I don't endure and go into the sea deep. I think the deepest I have been is right by the peninsula near the metal Hill in island, to get that oil vien. I have been to herbivore island before but rarely because I hate crossing the water. Hell I even hate flying over it.

I know it may seem like a stupid fear but I have reasons for it. Anyways, like I asked, can I progress far without using the water? Like I want a legit game but I find myself using console commands because of the water issue :(

The only resource thats completely specific to water on island is black pearls, everything else is harvestable from dinos or nodes.  The real problem for you is the actual endgame.  2 of the artifacts are in underwater caves in the ocean.  Even if you jump maps/import artifacts you still need ocean animal trophies for the boss battles.

The Black pearls you can also pick on the bottom of the ''Grave of the Lost'' in Aberration. Easy peasy if you have a Rock drake with cloak and bring a whip. That way you dont even have to get of your drake. :) If you are on an unofficial server you can just spawn in the artifacts. On official try to see if any1 is willing to help you get them. I also dont like the deep waters but on a squid I dont mind to much, cause its invincible. You should go see the Deep Deep Deep Deep on the Center, its amazing down there, approx 5 times more deep than rest of the maps :)

Cunning Artifact in Dark Cave on Rag. Fly right to it with an Argy. Take a Otter and load up. I grabbed 21 in about 45 minutes. 

Brute Artifact in redwood cave on Rag. Fly in. Nothing dangerous with exception of a terror bird sometimes.

Use a whip on Oasis' in SE for easy mass pearls. Beaver dams have them too.

Shallow water on Rag around SW2 spawn to Obsidian island spawn has hand harvestable black pearls. You can also harvest them with a whip down in red zone on Ab. Right off the back of a drake.

Basil's are located in fairly shallow water for blubber gathering. 

That leaves Tuso tentacle gathering. Needed for Dragon/Rag boss fight. Also Apex trophies if you want to ascend off the island. Alpha Tuso eye,  Mosa tooth, Shark fin, Leed blubber. 

It's single player. If you have a legit fear no need to activate it for a game. Spawn it in. There's no doubt without your fear, you'd get it done if you're at that point. Set up some kind of price system for yourself. Farm 20k crystal, then drop it to purchase a trophy. Something like that.

9 hours ago, FoxGirlNatani said:

That's what I was worries about, he boss battle stuff and pearls . I mean I have played SE and just got Aberration and went to that map. I wanna be able to use tek gear and stuff

Black pearls and silica perals is the only issue which can be got off another map. Even a gacha would get a good amount. As for the boss battles, if its purely to farm element you should run the hard broodmother. Its artifacts are in 3 different fairly easy caves to run down and it also needs sarco skin, titanaboa venom, argy talons and vertebra from bronto or diplo which is all EASY. If you dont have the rexs then start off with the easy brood obviously

If your only fear are the creatures in the ocean, i would recommend getting a Basilosaurus. They spawn close to the surface (you dont have to get deep down to the bottom of the ocean to get it), it produces oil by itself, it is immune to the tuso grab, jelly stings and eel shocks and has good stats, except stamina. The best idea would be to get two high level Basilos and breed them. Then you are safe against pretty much everything.

When taming, it is good to get a Baryonyx first, because it can stun and easily kill the surrounding creatures. You will still hit the Basilo, but that doesnt matter with the big healthpool.

Also keep in mind, that it is a passive tame, and that the progress will reset, when you change the taming food.

11 hours ago, FoxGirlNatani said:

I play solo, been thinking of getting back in multiplayer like I did a year or so ago but I stopped because we had a try hard constantly killing us on spawn and was meshing

Ah ok. If it were multiplayer I was going to suggest that you could trade other people for the artifacts that would require you going into the ocean. 

I get it about the fear of the water in ARK.  In real life, I am an excellent swimmer, former lifeguard in fact. And love to swim and snorkel.

BUT, in ARK i get so tense and freaked out while in the deep water that I avoid it as much as possible. I have "toughed it out" to get what I need to ascend, but I have a friend who has a fear of flying, and I realize just how crippling a fear can be for some people.

I think some people offered some great alternatives.  If you play single player, you can spawn it into the game, but like some suggested, make it at a cost..... a ton of boring/time consuming  resource grinding, that you have to throw away at the end. Or perhaps set some on land goals/challenges. Something hard, so you feel a sense of getting it done.

Or maybe try console commands to make your player invincible, and going into the water, knowing that your player cannot die no matter what.

Good luck.

One of the amazing things about playing among other people in multiplayer is the fact that if you don't want to participate in a certain part of the game to get assets or materials, somebody else has them, and they will want something else that I can get myself. So lol trading is a good choice to make. Sadly, if you go for the tribes that have everything they will ever want, they may not want to trade for anything you want, because anything they might want is a higher breed of rex that you probably don't have lol, and or something that is also harder to get that isn't worth your time or effort to trade for an underwater item.

You might as well bite the bullet and get yourself some water cave dinosaurs. The one I love to use is my squid, because it's a boss under the sea. Tusoteuthis can't be touched by anything.

On 6/11/2019 at 4:00 AM, Sphere said:

You might as well bite the bullet and get yourself some water cave dinosaurs. The one I love to use is my squid, because it's a boss under the sea. Tusoteuthis can't be touched by anything.

But a fear of open bodies of water etc is a real substantial fear. Never easy to over come and not really a viable option for some. Even having the best underwater Dino doesn't help.

Archived