Classic servers are great, thanks for creating them

I am a long time official player who was about to give up in the post Extinction meta. ARK is no longer the game it used to be. Anyone who played official PvP during peak of broken manas, broken meks and titans will know what I am talking about. ARK is not a bad game, its just not the game I want to play anymore and I had largely became inactive in my official tribe by time classic servers released. I tried classic servers on a whim with only limited expectations but so far am very pleased.  It's not literally the exact game from legacy era, it's not perfect, but it's most fun I had in ark in long time.

- There is no unraidable cave meta. People build actual land bases.  Coming from officials where land bases have gone extinct, and every tribe lives in unraidable caves its such a big refreshing change. Fighting in open ground in highly dynamic situations feels like how ark was meant to be played. Not camping a cave chokepoint for hours or days, achieving nothing because you cant advance vs mesh bite gigas + tek turrets+ velonas.

- No titans. You can actually build impressive land bases again. After nearly half year living in nothing but caves on officials, it is an incredible breath of fresh air to live in a real base again. 

- People cant throw out pocket gigas if you are trying to foot pvp them. There is actual foot pvp, instead of stupid pokeman battles.

- Actual dinos are at forefront of the game again. Not Meks, snow owls, manas and titans. Fantasy creatures like wyverns play a support role and add flavor instead of power creep dinos into oblivion.

-  All maps are viable for resource gathering instead of only just Aberration. Farming in general feels lot more balanced. Aberration was a good DLC, but the unbalanced resource farming it brought really hurt the game.

- The lack of tek transmitter means that when losing tribes can not simply port out with all their resources and dinos. Victory feels much more satisfying. Defeat has much greater consequences.

-  In general everything feels much more meaningful. Tribes do not have same unlimited amount of dinos and resources they do in officials, every battle is a contest of high stakes and every achievement worth celebrating. 

- While big alliances still a thing, the servers feel so much alive with tribes of various sizes interacting and internal politics. Many servers have that old Legacy feel of each server being its own community again. So much more dynamic than officials where its just megatribes left, everyone else have long quit and the game feeling so dead. Maybe it will change but for now classic is a second opportunity to experience what ARK used to be in 2017-early 2018.

My only request to you wildcard, please do not change classic server too much. You have created something special and wonderful, at a time when the game was beginning to die. Most importantly not introduce tek, and do not introduce aberration. These things will make cave bases a thing again. Do not introduce gigas unless you remove ALL crouchpoints from caves and fix mesh biting. Cave meta is a big part of what killed officials and you should not make the same mistakes and ruin classics. And it goes without saying do not add Extinction content, not even my worst enemies deserves to see a day where titans are a thing on classic servers.

Archived