Finding the Balance

Skorpa

Finding the Balance

Coming back to Ark after a long time away and have been sort of struggling with the fine line between playable and too easy.  So, I’ve tried many times to play official and it just doesn’t work anymore due to being older with kids and a job.   Even if I manage to get something going usually a tribe just rolls by and smashes me.   

Currently playing on an unofficial 10x and while it is fun some of what makes the game awesome is missing.   The levels fly by without trying and things like the rush of taming that first trike or Doed that is so crucial to speeding up gathering just isn’t there.   

Not trying to whine just wondering if anyone else had experienced something similar and found a happy medium or place to play.   

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Kaprosuchus said:

i usually leave exp on 1X and taming on 4X it's quicker but not so quick as to make kibble meaningless. 10x breeding 2x gathering yield, 2X to the gathering node's "health"

You mean running your own game?   I hadn’t thought about setting up my own server.   Also single player doesn’t interest me that much it seems kinda pointless 

16 minutes ago, Skorpa said:

You mean running your own game?   I hadn’t thought about setting up my own server.   Also single player doesn’t interest me that much it seems kinda pointless 

Putting exp gain at 0.5 (half) really prolongs the game early game. 2x harvest, 3-6x taming. If you like the engram allocation game,keep it otherwise enable auto learn engrams. Depends how you play it; it enables a lot of different options especially since exp us 0.5

3 minutes ago, d1nk said:

Putting exp gain at 0.5 (half) really prolongs the game early game. 2x harvest, 3-6x taming. If you like the engram allocation game,keep it otherwise enable auto learn engrams. Depends how you play it; it enables a lot of different options especially since exp us 0.5

Thanks for this.   I’ve noticed that the weekend rates on official work really well for me.   It’s just everything else about official that doesn’t 

4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

I usually leave experience at 1x or less. 

Harvest around 4-5x (I love to build)

Taming around 4-5x 

Faster breeding all around.

There are lower rate unofficial servers. 10x is just way to fast...maybe after you have played the game a while.

Thanks. I’ll look around some and see if I can find a good home.  10x is really really fast.  I’m not really a pvp person but I can’t tolerate playing a PvE server due to the overgrowth 

4 minutes ago, Skorpa said:

Thanks. I’ll look around some and see if I can find a good home.  10x is really really fast.  I’m not really a pvp person but I can’t tolerate playing a PvE server due to the overgrowth 

Find a fresh wipe one and establish a good area with noone near (an island or two for example) depending on the map its easy to get a good spot noone else can build near so you can do what you want without worrying about others building near you lagging you more than you already would need to be

Archived