gacha How to breed gachas?

How to breed gachas?

Hello everyone, I find very little information about breeding gachas. Almost all info is about adult feeding or taming.

The wiki says it is able to feed through an adult gacha but the baby I tried it with starved to death. I also noticed even the baby picks up items beyond it's carry weight. That means one doesn't have to hand feed him at all, right? I'm currently using Cooked meat to minimize the waste. The wiki says with a berry only - Diet the babys starve. Is that still true if I fill up the inventory by letting the baby pick the berrys up? I also wonder if structures would be a good diet for the babys.

Any Gacha-Breeding pros could help me out here? :) What is the best way to breed them and bring the babys to adulthood?

2 hours ago, d1nk said:

Step 1) have dino leash Step 2) Birth gacha into leash Step 3) Claim it THEN activate leash (make sure u see the lock icon) Step 4) Disable follow, leave it wandering. Make sure you dont drop stuff near it. Step 5) Go watch a movie in a chair in render.

??? 

Profit

Wait, are you saying I don't need to feed a wandering baby gacha at all? I just brought one to 10% with cooked meat. It is starving now even with filled throughs and meat in it's inventory. I tried doing that with the leash but it still starves. Do they need an adult pair to do that? If so do they need to have wandering enabled, stone / owl pellets available or is a through with berrys and meat sufficent?

Edit: Okay it seems to work, I put a pair of gachas inside leash range and the juvenile 10% baby too, all on wandering. Atm the adult gachas have random items and a little stone inside. The throughs are filled with meat and berrys. Can I leave them alone with this setup?

Edit²: I don't get it, it's starving again at 11.2% I froze it. I really don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I googled my * off and can't find reliable information, I searched youtube but literally every guide is about what to feed adult gachas.

On 6/8/2019 at 5:42 PM, Human123Tribe123 said:

Wait, are you saying I don't need to feed a wandering baby gacha at all? I just brought one to 10% with cooked meat. It is starving now even with filled throughs and meat in it's inventory. I tried doing that with the leash but it still starves. Do they need an adult pair to do that? If so do they need to have wandering enabled, stone / owl pellets available or is a through with berrys and meat sufficent?

Edit: Okay it seems to work, I put a pair of gachas inside leash range and the juvenile 10% baby too, all on wandering. Atm the adult gachas have random items and a little stone inside. The throughs are filled with meat and berrys. Can I leave them alone with this setup?

Edit²: I don't get it, it's starving again at 11.2% I froze it. I really don't get it, what am I doing wrong? I googled my * off and can't find reliable information, I searched youtube but literally every guide is about what to feed adult gachas.

The problem is you fed it as a baby. For this method to work it CANNOT eat at ALL while baby

edit: you also need to be in render for 100% of the raise. Cant leave not even once if doing this method

On 6/9/2019 at 3:42 AM, Human123Tribe123 said:

You dont need to have it wandering either. 

Last time we raised them was in March, I don't think anything changed since then.

We personally did this: left babies next to adult gachas, made sure the babies DO regen food while near adult gacha, left it within render distance, made sure adult gachas weren't starving. No feeding, no wandering, no dino leashes.

I am not sure how exactly it works, seems that an adult one can somehow feed babies if close (1-2 meters, we didn't want to risk and placed them as close as possible). You don't need to feed babies or adults at all. Just do not leave render distance. One adult gacha can feed multiple babies (we had like 4 or 5 babies around one, it worked). Number of babies do not affect state of adult gacha. It does not have to be real parent, it can be any fully grown gacha.

Sometimes babies don't replenish food for a short time (10-30 sec). It is okay, but if baby has low hp or food, it might manage to die. You can forcefeed it with some meat or pod-unpod, should fix the problem. We were keeping an eye on them first 5% of maturation, after that they were fine.

Today I tried Gacha breeding for the first time.  The baby will pick up its own poop, eat it, but Will not receive a food increase....  Once the baby reached 3% maturation, there was enough food ### when it eats to prevent this issue.  As the baby will attempt to eat again, before it drops to 0....  Before 3% maturation, if the baby ate its poop(probably anything it picks up non food) it does not have enough time to eat again before its food timer drops.  

This method was done with NOTHING in troughs, NOTHING in the inventories of parents or baby,  NOT wander, NO Leash... Just the parents and baby standing still, parents feeding the baby, me watching the food number bouncing around, and seeing any poop appear in the babies inventory.  Every time it happened, the food timer didn't go up, but the baby ate the poop for its eating cycle.

Tried ramps and disable resource collection, neither prevented the baby from picking up its own poop and eating it.

Next baby, will double check the Render idea for validity. 

4 hours ago, Geneweave said:

The whole point I made was you DO NOT feed a baby at all.

And the point I am making(Which supports your point) is Why and what is actually happening to cause this issue.

I will reiterate, just to make sure I am clear.  Under EVERY pattern players have written about.  The Baby always picks up its own poop, and eats it.  The food ###/#### does not go up, but the baby won't eat again for a cycle.  If the baby is under 3% maturation, it won't eat again, instead it dies.

12 minutes ago, deedoubleu said:

How about after 10% maturation? What I need to do to be able to leave growing gacha alone, preferably in stasis?

Fill its inventory with meat/berries? Or trough? Or parent? All of the above? Should I leave while it's standing or sitting and is there any difference?

I am not sure the baby will survive for a long time in stasis even with full inventory of stuff. From what I know, they don't eat in stasis at all, and even if they do, they much on anything faster than 10 gigas. Not recommended.

Archived