Ark Camera hack, yes it is a camera hack

MightyBanana

Suggestion

Ark Camera hack, yes it is a camera hack

Since the begining we are able to change our camera view to view areas in bases through the mesh, through whatever obstructed terrain. 

This option needs to be disabled on official pvp servers, it is completely and utterly stupid that this option has not been disabled yet. Like what the hell...

Any raider can simply come to my base, hide behind a rock, change camera, view my entire base, deffensive setup. How is this fair ? How is this " Survival " ? 

To put it in simple words, if you are hiding from someone behind a tree. can he simply birds eye view and see you ?  No, because we have two front eyes and we can't see behind a tree...

Nature is supposed to provide protection, which is another layer that the raider needs to go through.

This current state of the camera view is redicuolous...........

People get pernamnt bans over camera view in other games and in ark ITS A GOD DAMN FREE OPTION ... No wonder 100s of thousands stopped playing ( yes this is one of the reasons )

yall need to understand, set down and look around you.  PVP is a major aspect of the game, you need to adress it properly, simple fixes can raise your player base by millions. why ? because people love to compete over role play. You have everything at your disposal yet you just ignore pvp. Hek hire some people that know what pvp is, Hek make pools, ask the community. 

Sorry for being a bit harsh but common ... This camera birds eye view is just stupid .......

2 replies to this server topic

Look at minute 4:15   see how the player simply K mode, through the mesh and sees that the other player has Turrets in that position and cryo fridges in another position.. ?

How is this fair ? Tell me, because I can do it too ? 

What is the point of hiding behind a tree ? What is the point of drones that you have added in extinsion dlc ?  if the player can just K mode THROUGH nature..

Why is it soo hard to convince you that this K mode is unfair. It the majority of other games K mode is done via third party software wich gets you instantly band for unfairness, it is seriously concidered as hacking...     

Yet in this lovely SURVIVAL game, its a FREE to use option.

I thought this was a suggestion for a hack to use on the item camera in-game, but after reading seems to relate to orbital view abuse, not sure if hack is the right word as I'm not sure what the definition of hack is, I can see how it might be an exploit as you are exploiting the orbital camera in ways that was not intended by the developers and as such I think exploits are against the ToS

I'm not sure how accurate you are when you say hundreds of thousands of players quit because of orbital camera abuse

Archived