Help! Frozen biome!

KingDuck929

Help! Frozen biome!

Hi everyone, I would like some assistance! I am medium level and have just travels to the ice area on the default map! When there my boat was destroyed but I had an argentavis to fly away but on the way back I died from the cold (I had chitin) and I list all my most my resources to build torches. When I flew back I found my other argentavis but my body was floating in mid air! And again I died from the cold. So what I am asking is if someone could please give me ideas to help me get my stuff back and maybe get to the frozen area! 

Thank you all for the help! 

P.s I am playing on xbox ( Not sure if what I'm playing on makes a different)

I realize you probably arent too advanced in the game and to get fur youll need to enter the biome anyways.. but heres a tip how i got my first fur set:

Take a boat, encase a hut for the driver, put standing torches and fires in this hut to keep you warm. Put a chair in here to heal (later) and drive to the biome. Make sure theres a smithy in here, put some premade metal ingots, fibre and hide in the smithy as well.

You mentioned argy so ill stay with that. You can park the boat on ice area coast - fly on argy and keep killing wolves, mammoths etc and bit-by-bit bring bits of fur back to the boat, sit in chair inside and eat cooked meat to heal. Make your fur this way then you can venture out more often in the snow. Bonus: Once you have your armour build a small spawn hut with room to park a few tames and use this as a FOB to venture in snow / tame.

As to getting your body back....going to be hard. Bring cooked meat and said raft.. keep trying. Beds on raft incase you die 

This probably isn’t going to help for right now at least but the snow isn’t viable to live in until lvl 80. That’s the lvl where you can farm red desert drops in Rag. I’ve gotten countless colored fur and fur BPs from those.

As far as i know, that’s the only way to obtain upgraded fur until you can run caves which i never do ?Default fur is worthless because 80% of the time you’re still gonna be cold or even freezing. Unless you’d prefer constantly having a torch equipped. Otters work really well, they might even prevent cold completely on the Island if it’s leveled into melee enough.

It sounds like you're playing single player.

First, don't panic! Believe me we've all been there. The good news is on SP when you're out of render distance that part of the world goes into stasis. So, your birds are safe for the time being. Nothing is moving around or attacking in that spot right now. Don't worry about them, you can take your time getting back there.

The downside is, you will likely lose your gear at this point. But that's fine. Gear is easily replaceable. For now, throw on whatever you've got and take your best combat mount out. Spend some time killing bears, horses, elk, etc. These all drop pelt. Make a full set of fur armor. You'll probably want some fortitude too, to help keep you from freezing to death. Cooked meat, medical brews and fria curry are also recommended methods of dealing with the freezing temperatures. Plus taming an otter, as someone else recommended.

Now if you have another bird of some sort, you're ready for your rescue mission. If not, tame a low level argent or a ptera. Something disposable, you just need it to get you back to your birds. Head out and spam J in the area where you died until you find your birds. Lead them out of the snow, then change to whatever your main bird is for the flight home. Get all of your birds safely back to base, don't give in to the temptation to go exploring as soon as you get there. It's always safety first in the snow.

Good luck!

16 hours ago, d1nk said:

Tame an otter, pretty easy. Kill some fish drag to otter and feed

As dink said tame an otter to attempt the cold biome until you get fur armour or even instead of the fur. The otters help insulate you from the cold just incase you didn't know that. 

To get fur for armour I always skirt the edge of the snow biome killing wholly rhinos and mammoths with an argy or rex.

The Redwood biome has animals that drop pelt too like the bears and the deer. There’s this little plot of land on the map near the south surrounded by a small stream, near the Lower South Cave. Beavers spawn there. They drop Pelt, but not a lot. If you don’t have enough resources to attempt the Redwoods or the Snow you can grind from beavers, but it will take some time!

Archived