New dlc incoming?

arkark

4 minutes ago, NanoTrev said:

They've not slacked off on Valguero, so your statement is still incorrect. They've been revising a lot of the map and working on the Aberration portion of it as well. There's also an underground ocean they're pecking away. Hop on into their Discord and take a peek!

I don't use discord or Twitter. For mods i follow in the steam workshop. I don't usually use modded maps until they are nearly complete.

Modded maps becoming official or even mods becoming official is like a death sentence. Look at primitive plus. Center is basically abandoned. The last quarter of Ragnarok added after becoming official is simply not the same quality at the rest.

I get that console players was content but there are definitely downsides to the introduction of mods as official content.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, NanoTrev said:

They've not slacked off on Valguero, so your statement is still incorrect. They've been revising a lot of the map and working on the Aberration portion of it as well. There's also an underground ocean they're pecking away. Hop on into their Discord and take a peek!

It's a not finished barely even a map kinda situation...as far as valguero .and crystal  isl is even worse off xD  which no console  will ever be able to run btw..

2 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

It's a not finished barely even a map kinda situation...as far as valguero .and crystal  isl is even worse off xD  which no console  will ever be able to run btw..

Valguero has been pretty fun for me this far. I'm just waiting for the next update before I switch from Ragnarok. Speaking of, they just posted another screenshot of what they were working on today.

i dont care what the map is so long as it is ok, also i would like to state a few things, whit rag and the center, when they were released they were both not fully done, wild card updated them for a month or so until it was at what they called a playable state at the time. this means that the map has all of the intended map content and its bug ration is low, little did they know that when ever something is changed within the game new bugs arise for that map, they have abandoned the center and rag, if they do add another modded map they will literally just do the same thing. i dont want to see any modded maps be bought by wildcard then just shoved in the closet. i not saying i dont want a new map, i just dont want WC to add a map update it for a bit then just shove it in the closet with rag and cent to never be fixed. i would love if in the new map u can find fetilized eggs and other cool things like dens and hives, i do believe CI is like that, also i thought the CI dev was working on another project.

I doubt this. You can only flog a dead horse so long. This game has seen better days. The devs need to focus on what made the game great in its early stages any why it began to crumble near the end big. Some examples to look at would be:

• What are the effects on gameplay of adding overpowered flying creatures to the game that render most other land bases creatures pointless and redundant?
  • What are the effects of allowing players to lower the graphic settings for the game to such a low level that few things properly render thereby giving them a huge advantage in PVP?
  • What is the point of having "PVP" servers if you allow for infinite tribe sizes and infinite alliances and give little incentive for larger groups to fight one another?
  • What are the effects on gameplay of constantly increasing the max dino levels but never boosting player/turret weapon damage to keep things equal?
  • What are the effects of adding 100 different creatures to the game but then only making a handful of them viable in PVP? How does this affect gameplay variety?
  • What is the effect of adding a dumb barren desert map where you die every few minutes to the weather and where you have to stand around doing nothing for significant portions of the day. How does this affects its player popularity vs other maps?
  • What is the effects of creating a new map that flyers aren't meant to work on but then going and adding rocket powered glider creatures to it and then finally allowing giant flying monsters and gliding ice spitter creatures to be able to be transferred to it?
  • What are the effects of having a weak small creature that requires it to eat other dinosaurs to tame (ie very expensive to tame) and then basically adding a flying rideable version of this creature that is better in every way?

• And the list goes on...……..

Once they have worked out how to fix these mistakes then they can make an ARK 2 that will bring people back to the game.

7 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I doubt this. You can only flog a dead horse so long. This game has seen better days. The devs focus on what made the game great in its early stages any why it began to crumble near the end big. Some examples to look at would be:

• What are the effects on gameplay of adding overpowered flying creatures to the game that most other land bases creatures pointless and redundant?
  • What are the effects of allowing players to lower the graphic settings for the game to such a low level that few things properly render thereby giving them a huge advantage in PVP?
  • What is the point of having "PVP" servers if you allow for infinite tribe sizes and infinite alliances and give little incentive for larger groups to fight one another?
  • What are the effects on gameplay of constantly increasing the max dino levels but never boosting player/turret weapon damage to keep things equal?
  • What are the effects of adding 100 different creatures to the game but then only making a handful of them viable in PVP? How does this affect gameplay variety?
  • What is the effect of adding a dumb barren desert map where you die every few minutes to the weather and where you have to stand around doing nothing for significant portions of the day. How does this affects its player popularity vs other maps?
  • What is the effects of creating a new map that flyers aren't meant to work on but then going and adding rocket powered glider creatures to it and then finally allowing giant flying monsters and gliding ice spitter creatures to be able to be transferred to it?
  • What are the effects of having a weak small creature that requires it to eat other dinosaurs to tame (ie very expensive to tame) and then basically adding a flying rideable version of this creature that is better in every way?

• And the list goes on...……..

Once they have worked out how to fix these mistakes then they can make an ARK 2 that will bring people back to the game.

This seems to be something  that needs to be posted in suggestions  ?ForzaProiettile this thread is about a new dlc not a compliant /suggestions  forum xD love you!!

1 hour ago, AngrySaltire said:

Yeah that is the question. Evidence in the SteamDB points to free mod turned DLC but thats just speculation.

Definitely don’t rule out paid DLC. The gap between Aberration and Extinction was 11 months, and it’s been 7 months since Extinction so they could very well deliver brand new content in the next 4 months.

However, Ced has hinted that the content will release much sooner than the maximum time I gave so IMO it depends on how close to those 11 months since Extinction’s release will it increase the likelihood of it being brand new content the devs have made.

5 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Definitely don’t rule out paid DLC. The gap between Aberration and Extinction was 11 months, and it’s been 7 months since Extinction so they could very well deliver brand new content in the next 4 months.

However, Ced has hinted that the content will release much sooner than the maximum time I gave so IMO it depends on how close to those 11 months since Extinction’s release will it increase the likelihood of it being brand new content the devs have made.

Oh I am definitely not ruling out paid DLC. Cant beleive its been 7 months since Extinction. Am hestitant to speculate too much since the stream is next Monday and no doubt all will be revealed then. I mean I could speculate all day long but its not exactly productive. I mean I could say that its entirely possible we get a mod map and then an official dlc in the near future, but thats me just stiring the pot.

2 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

Oh I am definitely not ruling out paid DLC. Cant beleive its been 7 months since Extinction. Am hestitant to speculate too much since the stream is next Monday and no doubt all will be revealed then. I mean I could speculate all day long but its not exactly productive. I mean I could say that its entirely possible we get a mod map and then an official dlc in the near future, but thats me just stiring the pot.

We could get another mod map around the anniversary of the games full release (July/August) like they did with Ragnarok, and then drop further DLC later that year (December) like they did with Aberration.

On ‎6‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 11:42 PM, AngrySaltire said:

I think its almost a certainty that a new DLC is coming now. Am certain we will be getting a new map and more maps in the future.

Which will be another failure of a DLC. The only good DLC map really was Aberration. The rest were half hearted, riddled with bugs or just plain inbalanced. For example Scorched Earth was rarely worth playing on while the opposite of that was Ragnarok which had everything on it to that point that other maps felt second rate.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Which will be another failure of a DLC. The only good DLC map really was Aberration. The rest were half hearted, riddled with bugs or just plain inbalanced. For example Scorched Earth was rarely worth playing on while the opposite of that was Ragnarok which had everything on it to that point that other maps felt second rate.

Purely your opinion i still love an play scorched Earth .along with many others all maps are going to have bugs arise and many issues .all the maps even with few bugs here an there are still awesome to play ?

5 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

I wouldnt say all the DLCs were a failure. Scorched is still good for what it is, even if Ragnarok steals most of its thunder. Still worth it for playing through progression. Aberration is hands down the best Official DLC, while Extinction feels a bit lackluster but still worth playing. The Center just feels outdated. Ragnarok has probably the best playability depsite the preformance issues. Its probably too early to guess how good Valuego will be, but hopefully they have learned from Ragnaroks issues.

59 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

I wouldnt say all the DLCs were a failure. Scorched is still good for what it is, even if Ragnarok steals most of its thunder. Still worth it for playing through progression. Aberration is hands down the best Official DLC, while Extinction feels a bit lackluster but still worth playing. The Center just feels outdated. Ragnarok has probably the best playability depsite the preformance issues. Its probably too early to guess how good Valuego will be, but hopefully they have learned from Ragnaroks issues.

Agreed on Aberration that was the best DLC by far. The gameplay was fresh and somewhat daring although they still managed to slip in some kind of flyer. Extinction felt like I'd already played it and did nothing but introduce badly balanced new creatures to the game. Scorched Earth had potential but was handicapped by its stupid weather system that made it hardly worth playing on when you could play on other maps much more efficiently.

Archived