Introducing the Deinonychus!

Cedric

On 6/6/2019 at 7:47 PM, Ninja0117 said:

I have a few questions.
Where will they spawn regarding maps and how would it work with the nests?
Would there be a limit to the types of creatures it can attach itself to, like would it work on a giga and a bronto or would they be too big?
Would there be a way to get them off you when they do it in the wild?
Would there be a limit to what they aggro towards, like for example a raptor doesn't aggro onto a rex but it does aggro on a para so how would it work for the Deinonychus?
And a question you should expect to get a lot: when is it planned to be released?

Whether I get answers or not I love the idea of this creature and I'm very excited to see in in the game.

Last time I checked it was going to be on the island first I think

On 6/6/2019 at 8:19 PM, Kodking194 said:

here r some great plant eaters for ark

1. edmontosaurus ( huge iguannadon)

2. styracosaurus (ceratopsians)

3. stygimoloc (related to pachy)

4. dracorex (related to pachy)

5. torosaurus (ceratopsians)

6. amargasaurus (sauropods)

7. protoceratops (ceratopsians)

8. struthiomimus (mimus, related to gali)

9. hyaungasaurus (stogosaurian)

10. chunkingosaurus (stegosaurian)

these r just a few off the top of my head, all herbivores

I think it would be preferable to get completely new dinos instead of re skinned old dinos

16 hours ago, TomBakerARK said:

YAY Another nuisance dino that stun locks you until you die! JUST WHAT ARK NEEDED!

Yeah but when you tame this your gonna be able to latch on rexes (I suppose) and shred them, I doubt they will be able to easily pounce you just wait until they are far enough from the nest, snag a few and run of with a galli or iguanadon. Now you have a new and Improved raptor. Also if this raptor stays on a tame or the player forever it would be nerfed like hell like the mana

On 6/6/2019 at 4:57 PM, Kodking194 said:

u could have these guys hiding in the top ceilling corners of your base and when ever raided they will latch to the enemy and kill kill kill. if these guys have these abilities then they will be my new fav PVP stealth raid tame.

1. pack bonus

2. cling and climb walls

3. pounce onto players and creatures

4 breedable

i will be the king of PvP

great another thing for pvp player to bitch is to op....

Watch wc make this as unusable as the mana is right now....

Edited by Firedg21
  • Thanks 1

well i looked at the dossier, using calculations i determined that it will be big enough to ride if its size comparison to the rex is transferred to ingame size. also it abilities would make it seem like it is rideable, i mean i personally would be  more discouraged to get it if it was not ridable, i would still get it, but i would not make it a priority.

7 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

also, if the brachi is added i know for a fact it will not have all the abilities of the modded one, i would certainly change the roar to only affecting gigas. and possibly nerf its stomp a bit, not much but a bit, also make is so when the brachi does stomp it loses like 80% of its stam.

Why are you mentioning brachi have I missed something new?

4 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

the deino is from ark additions mod apparently, i have not looked at the mod or played it, so we assume that its creatures will be added, on of them is the brachi, go check out syntacs vids about it, he showcased the brachi in the mod on his jurrasic ark series?

I tend to loose interest in the modded play throughs as on Xbox we don't have mods so it always seems irrelevant information. So that's why I didn't know about it.

Although I do watch syntac and most of the crew there are a few who just go ott on mods which I have previously watched for a while, it ruins the feel of the game for me.

Edited by SnowboundGem

5 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

I tend to loose interest in the modded play throughs as on Xbox we don't have mods so it always seems irrelevant information.

Although I do watch syntac and most of the crew there are a few who just go ott on mods which I have previously watched for a while, it ruins the feel of the game for me.

yeah i get ya, not being able to play online or have a pc that can run ark i watch syntacs modded play throughs, lately he has been doing main ark with no real big mods asside from his usual s+. anyway, syntac made a video about a possible new map. the word relates to pizza, it is not click biat as he uses real evidence and does not say there is a new map but theorizes and hopes for a new map, u here that crysis and nuroku, u could learn a thing or two from syntac, he does things right, u click baiting jerks, anyway hope syntacs theories r true, i would love new dinos and a new map, isn't E3 tomorrow, maybe they will announce something at it about ark. then delay it for months on end, hehehe lol

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kodking194 said:

and when tthey started sponsoring the mod that really activated people. i am hoping more creatures come to ark, i am bored of the same old things.

Sponsoring isn't a guarantee to add to game though so I do get the hype I just tend to plod along and wait rather than watch clickbait YouTube vids by other creators.

Not referring to syntac with this statement. I learned a lot from tagbacktv, syntac and many others. Watched every vid from every season from both of those unless it was ott on mods.

1 minute ago, Kodking194 said:

yeah i get ya, not being able to play online or have a pc that can run ark i watch syntacs modded play throughs, lately he has been doing main ark with no real big mods asside from his usual s+. anyway, syntac made a video about a possible new map. the word relates to pizza, it is not click biat as he uses real evidence and does not say there is a new map but theorizes and hopes for a new map, u here that crysis and nuroku, u could learn a thing or two from syntac, he does things right, u click baiting jerks, anyway hope syntacs theories r true, i would love new dinos and a new map, isn't E3 tomorrow, maybe they will announce something at it about ark. then delay it for months on end, hehehe lol

I saw syns vid but it was just speculation of what could be coming and the pizza comment had me chuckling. His vid didn't bother me in the slightest.

Too many people feed into the other two you mentioned, then take everything as gospel and then spew it out all over the internet. ?