image.png

Deinonychus

Common Name: Deinonychus
Species: Deinonychus magna pede
Time: Cretaceous
Diet: Carnivore
Temperament: Aggressive

Wild
By the time you hear the scurrying claws of the Deinonychus, it's often too late. Superior hunters, they leap from a hiding place and pounce on their prey. The Deinonychus is an agile climber as well, jumping from wall ledge to wall ledge as it seeks high vantage points to lie in wait. 

A hungry Deinonychus tends to be fearless and will hunt prey much larger than itself, latching onto a dinosaur's back with its sickle-shaped claws, then starting to feed before its victim is even dead. While it likes its meat fresh, a Deinonychus isn't above scavenging a carcass if no other food is available. 

Domesticated
Raising a Deinonychus in captivity requires an ample food supply, as they have a fast metabolism to match their high activity level. The Deinonychus is also fiercely territorial near nests with eggs, even if the eggs aren't its own. This makes breeding successive generations a hazardous process. 

Unless raised from eggs, they cannot be tamed; the hunter instinct of a wild Deinonychus is so strong that it reflexively pounces on a would-be master.

When will this creature make its first appearance on the ARK?  Find out more soon!

Twitter: twitter.com/survivetheark
Facebook: facebook.com/survivetheark
Reddit: reddit.com/r/playark
Instagram: instagram.com/survivetheark
Twitch: twitch.tv/survivetheark
Steam: steamcommunity.com/app/346110
Youtube: youtube.com/survivetheark

All the best,
Studio Wildcard

View full article

hell ya, so i am guessing this creature will be able to climb or cling to walls, latch to large creatures and feed off of them healing it, gains a pack bonus cause der it is a raptor species, and u will need to steal the eggs. so that leaves me to wonder,  will it have nests just spawning on different maps, or is it the new egg tame for the new map?,  find out next week on community crunch. also isn't this thing in ark additions mod, so they may be adding new creatures from there, hell ya wildcard, u have got my full suport

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have a few questions.
Where will they spawn regarding maps and how would it work with the nests?
Would there be a limit to the types of creatures it can attach itself to, like would it work on a giga and a bronto or would they be too big?
Would there be a way to get them off you when they do it in the wild?
Would there be a limit to what they aggro towards, like for example a raptor doesn't aggro onto a rex but it does aggro on a para so how would it work for the Deinonychus?
And a question you should expect to get a lot: when is it planned to be released?

Whether I get answers or not I love the idea of this creature and I'm very excited to see in in the game.

Edited by Ninja0117
  • Thanks 1

if u have seen the mod survival plus i think it is the name, the only way to tame the creatures that r tamable in the mod is by stealing eggs to hatch them, this limits peole to what u can tame, their r a few other mods like this, bascily u find a nest with fertile eggs in steal them and fight off or run from the parents. i am loving this

Edited by Kodking194
  • Thanks 1

u could have these guys hiding in the top ceilling corners of your base and when ever raided they will latch to the enemy and kill kill kill. if these guys have these abilities then they will be my new fav PVP stealth raid tame.

1. pack bonus

2. cling and climb walls

3. pounce onto players and creatures

4 breedable

i will be the king of PvP

• Like 1

Domesticated
Raising a Deinonychus in captivity requires an ample food supply, as they have a fast metabolism to match their high activity level. The Deinonychus is also fiercely territorial near nests with eggs, even if the eggs aren't its own. This makes breeding successive generations a hazardous process. 

Does this means that they will speed up incubation and breeding process? ?

• Facepalm 2

Yay, can’t wait to watch youtubers play around with this. We need new servers that aren’t toxic, it’s in a bad state. I tried to start fresh on small tribes today and got raided 5 times in 8 hours. There are no hidden spot that nobody knows about and it’s terrible. Just please add some new servers to console!!!!! I can’t stress this enough, the game on console is dying! 

here r some great plant eaters for ark

1. edmontosaurus ( huge iguannadon)

2. styracosaurus (ceratopsians)

3. stygimoloc (related to pachy)

4. dracorex (related to pachy)

5. torosaurus (ceratopsians)

6. amargasaurus (sauropods)

7. protoceratops (ceratopsians)

8. struthiomimus (mimus, related to gali)

9. hyaungasaurus (stogosaurian)

10. chunkingosaurus (stegosaurian)

these r just a few off the top of my head, all herbivores

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1