Help with Dedicated Server

Help with Dedicated Server

A friend and I have been working on getting a dedicated server up and running for a few days now. If it matters, we've been using Empower Servers (not looking for commentary on how good or bad this particular hosting site is--what's done is done). 

Empower has a separate section where they link you directly to the server's GameUserSettings.ini and game.ini for ease of access. After about two days of wondering why nothing I put in the game.ini was actually affecting the server, I went into the server's files manually and found a third ini (Game.ini --capital G). I copy/pasted everything I had written in the game.ini file into this one, and it fixed the settings completely, exactly how we wanted them.

Problem is that ever since doing that, every time we log in to test the server, it deletes all of the .mod files from the mod folder (generating a version mismatch error for anyone else who tries to log in). The only two fixes for this that I have found are to turn off auto mod management (done), and to clear the Game.ini file (aka the only way I've found to make our settings work). We're ready to farm this out to someone.

A few notes:
-There are no errors in the code I'm writing in the ini's, most of that started as a copy/paste straight from my single player ini

-Everything is in the right folder, the mods themselves all work just fine when they're not having their .mod files wiped

-There is no combination of deleting/reinstalling the mods or shutting down/waiting/reactivating the server that has fixed this

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Archived