Why not wildcard

NightWolf5022

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

It is best to focus on 1 thing and do really well at it. 

Ha ha, I could go all out forum stereotype of 'but they're not doing really well at it with all the meshing issues, balance issues, bugs and glitches', but I'll not. 

The game is like my wife. Screws me over for no reason now and again, but I love it. 

Ark doesn't make my dinner either, so it's 2 for 2...

2 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

Ha ha, I could go all out forum stereotype of 'but they're not doing really well at it with all the meshing issues, balance issues, bugs and glitches', but I'll not. 

The game is like my wife. Screws me over for no reason now and again, but I love it. 

Ark doesn't make my dinner either, so it's 2 for 2...

That's a scary comparison. Sadly I don't often make him dinner. And I mostly am running late, so that kinda annoys him. But eh, what can you do? ?‍♀️

But I was pointing out from an Entrepreneur's perspective. If you move away from your bread and butter, usually you end up going bust. Which is why you get another team that is good at that thing to become a sub-part of the company. But yeah, the whole meshing issue that was going on for SO LONG, that right there is a huge one.

1 hour ago, Sphere said:

That's a scary comparison. Sadly I don't often make him dinner. And I mostly am running late, so that kinda annoys him. But eh, what can you do? ?‍♀️

But I was pointing out from an Entrepreneur's perspective. If you move away from your bread and butter, usually you end up going bust. Which is why you get another team that is good at that thing to become a sub-part of the company. But yeah, the whole meshing issue that was going on for SO LONG, that right there is a huge one.

Completely agree. Most people, myself included, would feel let down if wildcard chose to split its team to work on the mobile version. Could you imagine the internet backlash if they did?

Also, another dev doesn't automatically make their version bad - no one sets out with that goal for one thing, quite the opposite. 

Lastly, I'm a better cook than my wife (according to my children) and cooking gets me out of washing the dishes. Most nights.... 

2 hours ago, Bruvas78 said:

Completely agree. Most people, myself included, would feel let down if wildcard chose to split its team to work on the mobile version. Could you imagine the internet backlash if they did?

We already saw that with Atlas except the backlash was ill informed because they refilled the positions.

22 hours ago, Sphere said:

It is best to focus on 1 thing and do really well at it. If you need something else done at the same time, get another team to do it. Kinda like what Blizzard did with Diablo Immortal, although people were not wanting a mobile game for that title. (Don't you guys have phones?)

No I don’t have a phone

53 minutes ago, NightWolf5022 said:

Btw grapeshot stole atlas

No. People claim that because Atlas was developed using Ark’s assets that it was supposed to come as a DLC to Ark. Imagine developers using existing games as a base for news one’s, it’s completely unheard of /s

If Grapeshot stole Atlas, why aren’t Wildcard up in arms about it? By that logic, Wardrum stole Ark from Wildcard.

11 minutes ago, SaltyMonkey said:

No. People claim that because Atlas was developed using Ark’s assets that it was supposed to come as a DLC to Ark. Imagine developers using existing games as a base for news one’s, it’s completely unheard of /s

If Grapeshot stole Atlas, why aren’t Wildcard up in arms about it? By that logic, Wardrum stole Ark from Wildcard.

I can't think of a single game that's copied from its last outing (*cough* CoD and they LAP it up every year *cough*) but I'll think about it.... 

Archived