Veteran players take over servers, new players suffer

gabogs

Can't they make single pillars act like turrets in PvE? whereby you only get a certain amount that can be in an area, I agree with people who have said there should be an amendment to the rules when it comes to pillaring on official. I don't even play PvE, I play PvP official and still I feel bad for people dealing with this issue. They could specify an area allotment that each tribe is allowed to pillar, say 40 foundations for example, and if a tribe pillars more total surface area than what is deemed appropriate then they are subject to a wipe. This would allow players to still pillar the area around their base to stop others building "laggy messes" nearby but at the same time would stop those kinds of players who try to pillar as much of the map as possible to discourage new players on their server. Lets be honest, people who get out of hand with the pillars, in an attempt to stop new players coming to the server, are just as bad as the players who spam laggy and noob bases all over the place.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What i do not understand if you have tribe that pillars 40+ of the map like some players say, why don't you report it the enforcement team is good they do their job good seen it happen multiple times.

Each case should be looked individually thats why there is also a ticket system for this kind of usage of pillars. Setting a rule on pillars does not work they tried and changed it because the community responded negatively. As a lot of players said don't expect as a newcomer to find a spot on the beach on a server that is already 1-2years old.

Seriously if id did not pillar the area around me some bob wil come make something there seen this happen waited weeks and they stopped playing and i put a pillar and got my metal nodes back. Spino spawn areas are build on by players that do not care even when the community says that they kill spawn they just build. if a pillar is set there people will not need to keep searching for an area to farm sails.

There are alot of good and bad examples but asking for a pillar rule in my opinion is unnecessary because there is an enforcement team that is for this kind of cases aswel.

I recommend you to play on maps like Scorched Earth or Aberration. It's a lot more difficult but you will find a lot more free space because there is a lot less players.

The Island and Ragnarok are a really bad idea to start if you don't like useless pillars and foundations. If the areas claimed are really big without any constructions, you can also report the players / the tribes who are doing this. The support seems to reply a lot more fast since a few weeks.

4 minutes ago, bannedbybirth said:

anyone that thinks an entire map can't be pillared, I challenge you to build a 2x2 thatch hut anywhere on xbox Server 90 rag pve without using the deep ocean or a raft

good thing there is a ticket system to report abuse of pillars. If its a crowded server get over it and move to another server or single player.

3 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

good thing there is a ticket system to report abuse of pillars. If its a crowded server get over it and move to another server or single player.

good thing there is people who think it's easier to look the other way, and discard real issues.  It's not crowded at all and I did move to a better server.  The POINT is, people shouldn't HAVE TO report, or move.  dur

Just now, bannedbybirth said:

good thing there is people who think it's easier to look the other way, and discard real issues.  It's not crowded at all and I did move to a better server.  The POINT is, people shouldn't HAVE TO report, or move.  dur

It is easy to point to someone and expect other ppl yust to accept the sitatuon, if some ppl yust took to effort to do something alot of those areas woulf be open then. Changing the rule on pillars would not help it would change to to 1x1 buidlings..... so use the ticket..

3 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

It is easy to point to someone and expect other ppl yust to accept the sitatuon, if some ppl yust took to effort to do something alot of those areas woulf be open then. Changing the rule on pillars would not help it would change to to 1x1 buidlings..... so use the ticket..

I assume you are declining the challenge.  I accept that.  Even using your "ticket" technique, you will STILL not be able to complete this challenge.  nice try though

4 minutes ago, Avaraxius said:

I have seen ON OFFICIAL PVE servers pillars being removed tribes getting wiped, stuctures getting deleted for blocking other players and dinos getting killed because for blocking. So i rly trust the enforcement team that they handle this. i have seen them take issues in 2h, 24h and within a few days.

I will believe you when you screenshot your four foundations from rag pve xbox 90, until then you are just talking.

~for the logs

I'm going to answer a couple of things based on all the comments, the one I want to answer before anything else is the gentleman who said that I did not take advantage of opportunity when new servers came out, good gentleman, as you want me to take advantage of that if I did not have ark? you do not read anything of what I said, nor play 2 weeks on ps4 or that I have just over 1 week on pc, simply saw the words that offended you most and threw up your response meaninglessly.
The next thing I wanted to mention is what they said about ''ask for'' land from someone or ''buy it'', what is this? real life? I have to slaves myself to play because the players who arrived earlier say so? is this madness serious?
They are mentioning '' go deep into the map, not only see the coasts'' but what a coincidence that those areas are the most dangerous to live and a rookie there surrounded by aggressive dinosaurs can not live, because he will lose everything constantly.
And something else almost general, they didn't take into account the language barrier either, I don't speak English, and as I mentioned at the beginning of the post, I use a translator to communicate, because unfortunately, Wild Card I don't think it has intentions to open a Latin server, and the one who says to me: ''learn English'', come here to see how people live to say it again.
I saw good comments where their argument made me see some logic in the sense of the pillars, but anyway there are things that can not be done, such as having to slaves and self humiliate to get a quiet place to live, the only people who live in dangerous areas are those who previously had a quiet base and moved, or are numerous tribes.
And no, I am not toxic, I am simply expressing my impression about this, and those who laugh at my post or say: erase it, it's just another crybaby, repeating a post that has already been done many times, because kindly I tell them not to comment, because it hurts to touch their morals because they own servers.

By the way, I hope you don't overlook this question, nobody knows if on the 11th of this month you open new servers? and if so, at what time will you open them?

11 minutes ago, gabogs said:

The next thing I wanted to mention is what they said about ''ask for'' land from someone or ''buy it'', what is this? real life? I have to slaves myself to play because the players who arrived earlier say so? is this madness serious?
They are mentioning '' go deep into the map, not only see the coasts'' but what a coincidence that those areas are the most dangerous to live and a rookie there surrounded by aggressive dinosaurs can not live, because he will lose everything constantly.

This is what single player mode is for. Learn to play, then go to multiplayer.

6 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Para esto está el modo de un solo jugador. Aprende a jugar, luego ve al multijugador.

Ah, because you can not learn in multiplayer mode truth? I have to play only in single mode because others are craving? when for something are the servers?, I'm going to answer you because after this I have 1 post more daily, and the truth that I see that you will not contribute anything useful, send a person to the central areas of the maps where a straw house does not last even 5 minutes, I guess I will have to get used to only receive absurd answers or toxic people. Apart from the fact that you focused well only on that part, no? when I also planned other more useful things in which if you could contribute something for others to learn, instead of sending me to single player to not bother the veterans who own everything :).

If there is a moderator reading this, please close this post.

On 6/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, gabogs said:

Veteran players take over servers, new players suffer

First of all, I apologize for my English, I'm using a translator to communicate, keep this in mind.
First of all, I want to say that I have played ark 2 weeks in ps4 and I just started in pc, more exactly in PVE, because I do not have the console anymore, said this, I will tell my experience.
From the beginning I always understood that the legacy servers were better to play because you could find land to live (which is true), the official servers only have 3 or 4 tribes owned absolutely the entire map of their servers in which they play, leave nothing, spaces they never use, fill them to pillars, as do those who are supposed to take care of the game not to do anything about it ....
In my server I progressed a lot, although being a legacy, has the days counted, so I decided to gradually explore official servers to start from 0 although it hurts me, and what a coincidence, I did not find any space to live in more than 20 servers, which leads us to the players that we will lose absolutely everything in legacy, to be between the sword and the wall.
I really do not understand how it can be so selfish, not to let other people play, and indirectly harm the game, which I have already met many people who will leave ark for these things, and I repeat, among which the players own absolutely every centimeter of territory in official servers, and we are going to close completely the legacy servers, we are between the sword and the wall.
If you're not going to give it the urgent importance that I think this situation needs, at least open new servers so that people like us, both new and old who are going to lose everything in the legacy servers, have a chance to start over again, without having to be suffering in this way to find a place to start playing. I was fortunate that on my server people have a nice community formed and give ground to the new players and teach them to play, but this already escapes even a veteran player, by the simple fact that other players arrived earlier.

I hope if any moderator responds professionally to this topic, that it is with seriousness, and if not, but to be a disappointment is not going to happen.
I don't expect anything other than hate because of what I'm saying, so without further ado, I'll say goodbye, I'll read your opinions.

Greetings.

Did you build a boat and explore?  I switched from PS4 to PC in December, I had to live in a boat as I explored, which I did for days.  I am a veteran player but 6 months on PC.  I see noobs arrive nightly and they believe that the beach should be free for them to build exactly where they spawned.  There is space to build inland but no one has the patience required so please take your entitlement and kindly stuff it.

27 minutes ago, gabogs said:

Ah, because you can not learn in multiplayer mode truth? I have to play only in single mode because others are craving? when for something are the servers?, I'm going to answer you because after this I have 1 post more daily, and the truth that I see that you will not contribute anything useful, send a person to the central areas of the maps where a straw house does not last even 5 minutes, I guess I will have to get used to only receive absurd answers or toxic people. Apart from the fact that you focused well only on that part, no? when I also planned other more useful things in which if you could contribute something for others to learn, instead of sending me to single player to not bother the veterans who own everything :).

If there is a moderator reading this, please close this post.

Playing multiplayer especially official PvE is much more then just knowing how to play the game. You have to have patience and the ability to adapt and overcome. Single player let's you learn how to play, which obviously you haven't done if you are still building in thatch.

You can continue being frustrated and unhappy or you can consider alternatives. For official  be nomadic and make a raft. Choose less popular maps. Or go with a nice friendly unofficial community or single player where you don't have to deal with other people.

4 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Jugar multijugador, especialmente el PvE oficial, es mucho más que simplemente saber cómo jugar el juego. Tienes que tener paciencia y la capacidad de adaptación y superación. Un solo jugador te permite aprender a jugar, lo que obviamente no has hecho si todavía estás construyendo en paja.

Puedes seguir siendo frustrado e infeliz o puedes considerar alternativas. Para ser oficial ser nómada y hacer una balsa. Elija los mapas menos populares. O ve con una agradable comunidad no oficial amigable o con un solo jugador donde no tengas que tratar con otras personas.

I don't plan to touch the local mode, I don't like to play alone, in a mode where you know you put 1 command and you have everything solved, not counting that if you want to start another map, you lose everything from the previous one, I like to play on servers, know that there are people to talk, trade, coordinate to do things together, etc, and no, I still don't build in a straw house because I'm already in the process of breeding in my legacy server, yes, I received a lot of help, without asking for it because I don't like to ask for anything, but I'm learning the game for the day the legacy die and have that experience, now if you contributed something, like making a boat and play there for a few days, preparing everything until you find ground, the problem is that when you add you have aggressive dinosaurs that break your house, anyway wait to open new servers, you know tell me if for the 11 that is the date where they will do all the business of servers, open new official servers?

4 minutes ago, gabogs said:

not counting that if you want to start another map, you lose everything from the previous one,

You can transfer characters, stuff, and dinos in single player mode just like on clustered servers. But it's your choice where you play. Seems you picked legacy. Have fun.

Archived