Veteran players take over servers, new players suffer

gabogs

Veteran players take over servers, new players suffer

First of all, I apologize for my English, I'm using a translator to communicate, keep this in mind.
First of all, I want to say that I have played ark 2 weeks in ps4 and I just started in pc, more exactly in PVE, because I do not have the console anymore, said this, I will tell my experience.
From the beginning I always understood that the legacy servers were better to play because you could find land to live (which is true), the official servers only have 3 or 4 tribes owned absolutely the entire map of their servers in which they play, leave nothing, spaces they never use, fill them to pillars, as do those who are supposed to take care of the game not to do anything about it ....
In my server I progressed a lot, although being a legacy, has the days counted, so I decided to gradually explore official servers to start from 0 although it hurts me, and what a coincidence, I did not find any space to live in more than 20 servers, which leads us to the players that we will lose absolutely everything in legacy, to be between the sword and the wall.
I really do not understand how it can be so selfish, not to let other people play, and indirectly harm the game, which I have already met many people who will leave ark for these things, and I repeat, among which the players own absolutely every centimeter of territory in official servers, and we are going to close completely the legacy servers, we are between the sword and the wall.
If you're not going to give it the urgent importance that I think this situation needs, at least open new servers so that people like us, both new and old who are going to lose everything in the legacy servers, have a chance to start over again, without having to be suffering in this way to find a place to start playing. I was fortunate that on my server people have a nice community formed and give ground to the new players and teach them to play, but this already escapes even a veteran player, by the simple fact that other players arrived earlier.

I hope if any moderator responds professionally to this topic, that it is with seriousness, and if not, but to be a disappointment is not going to happen.
I don't expect anything other than hate because of what I'm saying, so without further ado, I'll say goodbye, I'll read your opinions.

Greetings.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, d1nk said:

¿Miraste más allá de la playa? ¿Cuántas horas por servidor gastaste buscando?

Yes, look beyond the beaches and no, very few areas are free and what a coincidence! are the most dangerous to start, where in 2 seconds any aggressive dinosaur bursts the base, every day I dedicate time to find areas, to have time margin for when we leave without legacy servers.

1 hour ago, Aikar said:

Try Primitive+. There is so much room open on Ragnarok. Really have had no issue with finding land. Sure people may claim "Good spots" but the entire map isn't pillared.

That is not the solution, it would only be to encourage in silence that people who abuse these things continue to do it again and again without getting tired.

Jeez, where to even start.

Your coming to a cluster over two years late and expect to find plenty of room? Being between a "sword and a wall" is your own doing by not starting on non legacy servers when you had the chance. My tribe walked away from over a year of work and it was the right decision. After the second great migration You should have got the message. Even if they are never fully deleted, expect to move a few more times.

I was thinking about putting up a forum post letting legacy players know we are willing to help them relocate and find land and maybe a tame or two. But honestly with the general attitude of people I have a hard time helping people that have refused to help themselves.

And before you say im one of the people that has half the map pillared, we only own 1-2% of the landmass on our main server with the largest base. I do feel your plight but until you realize a series of poor decisions is why your in this position, theres nothing anyone can or will do to help. You didn't want to lose work, i get it. It broke my heart to say goodbye to my favorite spino when i had to leave her for the new cluster. I really do hope you find a new home and best if luck!

My $0.02 as usual and hopfully i didnt come across too brash but somethings need to be said even if they hurt.

4 hours ago, ishootpaint said:

coming to a cluster over two years late and expect to find plenty of room?

This.  If OP wants easy-mode, I suggest the following:

Go to arkservers.net.

Enter keyword "wiped".

Sort by # of players. 

Look for a server wiped in the last 24 hours, on the map you want, with a decent playerbase.  Join and enjoy.

5 hours ago, MIsterMayhem said:

The best thing you can do is make a raft and live  on a few rafts for a while and ask around politely about maybe getting a small plot of land or maybe offer to purchase a plot.

This is another major problem. Why should i have to negotiate with some loser just to build a dang base? I’d go back to PVP if i wanted that..did this exact thing and a guy offered me a “free” piece of land. It was like 10 foundations in length, in the absolute barest land of resources on Rag, and he told me it’s the best i’m gonna get on PVE ?

I don’t expect the good spots to be available, either. But that same guy gave me a wyvern for better chances of searching. I had to have tried like 10 Rag maps and it’s the same thing. One tribe pillars EVERYTHING. I saw one had Blue ob all the way to SW desert islands pillared to the 40 longitude mark...

I mean seriously? This should be against the rules to claim all this land. Having someone build right next door is one thing, but unless you have 30 people, NO tribe will ever use all that land. Hell, a lot of people claim that land to sell sections of it. Not sure if that’s against code or not

What made me quit pvE was some dude watching me. I built 25 or so behemoth gates by myself and when i returned to my gated area with my beaver, he had placed a few pillars inside so i could no longer build anything. Then i just gave away my tames and left ??

Im not saying official isn't possible but you might have to do alot of searching. But I see spots on a few of the servers I play that would make nice little base spots that are open from time to time.

If you insist on playing official (like me) your best bet is find a small spot to atleast store a few tames and start searching around. The center has alot of places that arnt pillared in obscure parts of the map so i would start there. Keep an eye on pillars and base timers of places you would want and play the waiting game.

27 minutes ago, ishootpaint said:

Im not saying official isn't possible but you might have to do alot of searching. But I see spots on a few of the servers I play that would make nice little base spots that are open from time to time.

If you insist on playing official (like me) your best bet is find a small spot to atleast store a few tames and start searching around. The center has alot of places that arnt pillared in obscure parts of the map so i would start there. Keep an eye on pillars and base timers of places you would want and play the waiting game.

Until the devs or whoever fix the meshing and pillar cheating, i’m not going back to any official servers. Spent an entire x2 weekend finding a base location then get cheated out when i finally got one

I can definitely understand where you are coming from, when I started playing I also had to rely on a single foundation on the land and build from there. But maybe you should try to go to less populated servers. I started on rag and realized that it’s way too full, so I moved to center to start off. This helped me a lot because I was able to find a small place to build until I could move to a better area. My second piece of advice would be to unlock pillars as soon as possible, this way you will be able to build over water, and most players don’t pillar into the water too far. 

2 hours ago, Campi said:

Thats the right attitude - expect everybody to be a loser. I guess they are better off without you then anyways if thats what you would bring to the server...

The fact they are dominating my experience and expecting me to slave for them just in exchange for a crappy piece of land with no resources nearby..yes sir, that makes them a loser. I shouldn’t have to prove myself to anyone in the first place anyways? 

But people like that guy who gave me a wyvern for free is why i continue trying to play, impossible as it may be

32 minutes ago, MIsterMayhem said:

In all honesty good riddance you seem super toxic. You don’t seem cut out for official pve. It’s not meant for people who can give up so easily.

It was your first time around and you didn’t know better.  

When you find a spot you claim it ie pillar it. Then walls house etc .. 

Or try unofficial servers where admins have rules against pillaring etc. 

but I think it’s outright disgusting and quite ignorant that your unwillingness to understand the legitimacy of pillar usage.

its nothing new and is rightfully a part of the way pve is.  

I understand some players kind of go overboard but there’s always land available on all maps if you look hard enough.  

If they made changes to pillars people will just build even uglier and laggier  things to claim land. And if I had people move right up against my walls because pillars stopped serving their purpose I would quit. 

And i’m not toxic at all, in fact i despise the ones who are. But you are right, i was brand new to pvE and was not expecting to put up with almost exactly the same crap as PVP..I didn’t know i HAD to take such stupid precautions. I mean seriously, i wasn’t expecting someone to put stuff in my land after i finally got a spot. 

And who says i don’t understand the use of pillars? I specifically said the morons who pillar half the map with no expectations to use it in the near future are the problem. If you want to secure your area and not half the map, it’s fine. Even taking more land is good in the event that you need..just don’t be greedy. “Oh buT itS thEir cHoiCe”

Sure, there’s always land available..but as i just said, someone cheated me and i didn’t  care anymore after that point. I’m sure i coulda found another area, but i became tired of dealing with the constant BS this game hurdles at you and just went to SP.

Why is it that everyone always gangs up on me? Sorry if i’m the lone wolf who won’t accept the totally bogus way this game is after 3 YEARS of problems not fixed..

Is it just me..or is it getting crazier out there? 

#Joker2019

Archived