NattivStray

Suggestion

Tribe LEVEL

Hello everyone, thinking about how to try to improve ARK expercience I maturated an idea: introduce TRIBE LEVEL.

I mean, every tribe should have a level (or rank), based on many elements like number and  (medium) level of players, number of buildings, number and kind of tamed creatures (i.e. wyvern would affect tribe level more than dodos, ofc), and so on. What is the reason behind it? This way, only similar-level tribe can attack each other. Of course, I think that the range should be far large, not to restrict so much the PvP experience. So, for example, depending on the elements used to determinate the level, a 200 lvl tribe cannot attack a 5 lvl one, but i.e. a 150 lvl one (It's just an exemple, it should depend on the elements you want to consider to determinate the level).

You know, ARK is a survival game, mostly based on PvP. But sometimes, this PvP becomes a frustrating loss of time. What is the reason behind an alpha tribe destroying a little and undefended strone base? The first one doesn't earn anything, and the players of the second one will see their work of several days destroyed without a reason. I think that buildings are the most important thing if you want to enjoy this game: players die, creatures too, resources can be stolen, but if someone destroys your base you have to begin everything back from the start.

That's why I think that people should be able to kill other players and creatures of any level, but this idea is to preserve structures only. 

Thank you all, hoping you will please. Have fun and try to survive.

5 replies to this server topic

22 minutes ago, NattivStray said:

No one deserves to see his work wiped to the ground just because someone else more powerful wants to have fun. 

That's exactly what PvP in Ark is. PVP will never be equal. Someone will always have more skill, more friends, more time, etc.

Maybe try survival of the fittest. Everyone starts at same time.

16 hours ago, NattivStray said:

Another idea could be TEMPORARY RAID PROTECTION for many days, just to let players set up at least little defences. It should be well though, anyway, to avoid people abusing it, i.e. taking away the protection if they attack other people.

If people can't destroy structures they can't get loot. That kills pvp.

There are small tribe servers for balanced tribe numbers, orp servers to prevent offline raiding, and unofficial servers that allow white flag periods to build up.

Official PvP is designed to be punishing amd brutal and favor properly used numbers (for attacking and resource accumulation) however I've seen many a "lesser" tribe be able to cause havoc based upon superior skill and the way they play.

If you do not have the numbers you can not try to build a normal base and expect to survive. You have to adapt and build small bases littered all over the map with limited resources spread or you need to swell your numbers.

The game mechanic is fine. The players need to adapt.

1 hour ago, Aylana314159 said:

That's exactly what PvP in Ark is. PVP will never be equal. Someone will always have more skill, more friends, more time, etc.

Yes, this is what PvP in Ark is, and I think it could be better. I am not saying that PvP should be equal. I think it should be more balanced. PvP is not coming and wiping everything while you are a large group and the whole small tribe you are attacking is offline, because there is no "player versus player" there. Obviously, if you "have more skill, more friends, more time" you deserve to be better and to dominate the others, and that's why J think that the level range to attack should be enough large. But you should not tyrannicaly kill other people experience, expecially when they don't deserve it. 

I know that there could be bettere ideas, but the focus is that PvP needs balances to allow players to grow easier till a certain point and enjoy more the game, balancing the PvP

Another idea could be TEMPORARY RAID PROTECTION for many days, just to let players set up at least little defences. It should be well though, anyway, to avoid people abusing it, i.e. taking away the protection if they attack other people.

Obviously, I don't agree. I think that PvP is ok, and a great way to play, but absolutly needs some kind of balances because nowadays it's one of the most important problems in Ark.

I think that force imbalances in the game affect too much the experience, killing it. You are never safe in the game, and that's alright. But in a good pvp you should always be able at least to try to save yourself and the work you spent a lot of time on. Would you ever play for a long period a game in which you know that a great group on great animals with great rockets can come and wipe everything you built to zero, just because they are boring? It kills the game experience, because you have to restart from the beginning. And remember what I said: this idea is only about structures. Moreover, level range beetween tribes which want to attack each other should be quite large, to preserve PvP experience. It's only a way to balance the most imbalanced situations. No one deserves to see his work wiped to the ground just because someone else more powerful wants to have fun. 

Archived