new modded map, like nothing u have ever seen

Kodking194

new modded map, like nothing u have ever seen

i am glad to say that our group of moddders have merged with onother group, we have made a fairly soldid mod, that will be ready for release in a few months, i am making this forum to tell yall bout it and hype u for our new mod, this map is called the sunken world, the name a solid name and is quite fittin to its story and design, this map is a map souly based on water, with four small islands to give u noobs a place to stay, how ever there is a twist to the land, this twist will limit to how long u want to live on land, the main purpose is to live and work under water, i am not able to share things like the bosses or story, but i can confirm locations and building areas. here r some locations. the ratio of the map is 80-90:10-20 for water and land, this will limt u to the land.

1. islands, these are four islands on the map, and are the main make up of the dry land

2. coral reef/ shallow reef: this is a reef full of beauty and wonder, here u can start your first water explorations

3. sea grass plains: this is a plains full of sea grass, here u will see grazing creatures, a reasonable place to build your first base

4. deep abyss: this is not its official name, but it certainly descibes its nature, this giant trench has no sunlight at all, instead it is lighted by bio-luminescent plants and plankton, however it is no place for anyone to just dawdle into, it is jam packed with predators that will eat u in a second, this place contains secrets and many cool features

5. element volcano: this volcanoe eurupts element, u must be quick to obtain this rare resource, as it will decay quickly in this igneous state, building to close to this location can result in your base and dinos being slaughtered

these r only a few of the many locations for our map, if u play it when released u will be able to experience all yourself. now r the cretures, i can not name every single creatures, as their names are crazy yet real, so here r a few names

1. abyssal dragon

2. abyssal serpent

3. Leviathan whale

these r only a few of the tons of creatures. along with these there will be tons of new items like a submarine, new structures, new weapons and armour and other important items.

i will be updating this regularly. so stay tuned for this mod, coming to a ark near u ??

regards Kodking

If I may, I recommend making new creatures a separate mod. If you want to have them only spawn on your map, you can do this while still having the creatures as a separate mod. It also allows these new creatures to be transferred to other maps in a server cluster after being tamed on your map, which makes both more desirable logistically for players and hosts alike.

1 hour ago, stargatedalek said:

If I may, I recommend making new creatures a separate mod. If you want to have them only spawn on your map, you can do this while still having the creatures as a separate mod. It also allows these new creatures to be transferred to other maps in a server cluster after being tamed on your map, which makes both more desirable logistically for players and hosts alike.

we are making the map like crystal isles, with its own creatures spawns like the new griffin and wyvern, not personally playing it my self as a console player, but we have certain locations and habitats were these creatures need to survive.

2 hours ago, Kodking194 said:

we are making the map like crystal isles, with its own creatures spawns like the new griffin and wyvern, not personally playing it my self as a console player, but we have certain locations and habitats were these creatures need to survive.

It's perfectly possible to have the creatures in a second mod, and only spawning on your custom map. This is better as it allows players to transfer them like with vanilla creatures, which both makes the creatures more desirable as it gives them more use, but also the map more desirable as it's then more suited to use on server clusters.

Creatures locked to a modded map are also hell to deal with when there are conflicts. And as a server host I avoid modded maps that have creatures locked to them because not only is it more restrictive for the players but it's a massive pain for me to deal with A) constant questions about why they can't be transferred and B) if one of these creatures is conflicting with another mod or over-spawning or something there is nothing I can do about it because being hard cooked into the same files as the map makes them essentially out of my reach, they overwrite any settings or priorities I try to set.

we, are planning on making s eparate mod, but this map is more based on getting wildcards attention and possibly adding the map into ark itself, we do want to make a mod but the map is our priority, hope u understand @stargatedalek, if u r interested in our map i am glad to leave a link to our two discord servers, we would love more support, loaded crysis actuallt made a video on our map a while back, same with nuroku, while they r click bait maker, those videos were reasonably genuine 

Archived