Has anyone played Official PvP recently?

TheLastSpartan

Its completely off the rails. I've never played PvE or Unofficial servers and to be honest its not an option. No sense of achievement. That being said, how is everyone getting on with official? I might be walking on egg shells at the moment but has meshing ever been mentioned? This past few years around 90% of my bases have been lost to meshing. Can you all quit playin, the jokes kind of over now. There's 1 solution to every 2 new methods. Share your experiences, id love to vent about problems under the radar. It might seem like a waste of time but so is spending around 8k hours on an under-developed game 

Official pvp in this game means you need 24 hour coverage. Sucks but that’s the reality. Sixshadows, muntage gaming and the apex way are all playing on an unofficial set of servers called mts which actually look like a lot of fun and have better ways of dealing with orp then just the standard your offline so can’t be hurt garbage.

6 hours ago, jpcab said:

how? official pvp is for integration on big tribes. End of discussion

Join a tribe alfa or beta or u r just waiting time and will not accomplish anything in the game.

Its the onlly thing you can expire. 

Dunno what you are on about, Official PvP can still be fun, I play with bigger tribes, as a 2 man squad with a good friend of mine, and as a solo. I have fun and progress each time, sure I usually get taken out at some point but that is the game, even Massive mega tribes don't last forever and get wiped at some point, doesnt mean it was all a waste, unless you didnt enjoy the time you spent getting to that point, but if thats the case then why would you playing if you dont enjoy the progression. I must say I really enjoy Arkpocalypse for this reason, monthly wipe means players are forced to not get overly attached to their progress, I think the mentality of "oh I should never lose my stuff or it's all over" is a really unhealthy one, when I get wiped I start again and do things a little different than I did before. Sometimes I do better and other times worse, I still have fun. I win some battles and wipe others and lose others and get wiped by others, this is the cycle of ark. Monthly wipe ensures everyone has a more even playing ground, everyone had the same opportunity to start at the same time and you can only transfer from other monthly wipe servers, so non of this "oh let me bring my lvl 450 mana and golems that I have farmed for 2 years and be unstoppable BS. If you get taken out and feel it's too late to start again, no worries just wait a few weeks for server to reset and have another go, This is a much healthier thing for a game like this than feeling like you should never get wiped or lose to another group or else it's just game over and all of it has been a waste of time. This mentality of "If I lose then everything has been a waste and I am no longer having fun" is toxic and harmful to oneself I believe, You will be much happier and enjoy the game a lot more if you learn to enjoy both being on top and being at the bottom, I have fought clans much bigger than me, and sure I have lost to them a fair amount but I still enjoyed those encounters, and sometimes I beat those bigger tribes because I am not afraid to lose and so am not afraid to fight back and try even in the face of stacked odds. 

as for meshing, yes it is getting a bit better, they are working on it and while it is slow atleast they are doing something. Meshing seems to be less of an issue of the servers I play on than on others from what i have read.

Very good post @HoboNation! If people dont enjoy the process of building up, there is no point to play this game imo.

Playing in a small tribe on the normal official pvp servers is possible as you describe, but it is still very hard. You need to know the game really well, you have to be a bit lucky and you have to like to play hidden. Overall the concept is as jpcab says.

I always recommend the special game modes (small tribes, classic pvp, orp, no tek, normal servers but small cluster...). It is easier for small tribes to survive there and if meshing happens you usually know the people who did it, because there arent hundreds of servers they could come from.

13 hours ago, TheLastSpartan said:

Its completely off the rails. I've never played PvE or Unofficial servers and to be honest its not an option. No sense of achievement. That being said, how is everyone getting on with official? I might be walking on egg shells at the moment but has meshing ever been mentioned? This past few years around 90% of my bases have been lost to meshing. Can you all quit playin, the jokes kind of over now. There's 1 solution to every 2 new methods. Share your experiences, id love to vent about problems under the radar. It might seem like a waste of time but so is spending around 8k hours on an under-developed game 

Play in PVP ORP Official.

Is good servers from solo players, because there are no raid offline. And you have a chance to develop.

5 hours ago, Juggernaut said:

Minus the whole pin code fiasco...

On Xbox there are 2 official ORP servers and i’m KOS on both ? The alphas have been the alpha since those servers were made last April. 

It’s paranoia on their part as i’ve never done anything wrong. They claim there’s a video someone took of me killing a beta tribes passive tames even though they never shown it..

The other cluster i did inside a tribe but because after 4 months they decide to kick me out because i “didn’t fit”..I convince them to at least give my personal stuff back so they temporarily made me admin again. I kick everyone out and proceed to demolish and kill everything ? 

ORP provides some security but not from alphas. Big tribes will just surround your base with pillars and turrets in a PVE sorta way.

I think another reason i was wiped was from pin coding an offline cave gate. It’s against their rules but a day earlier they wiped the cluster with a desert titan so i mean..yeah

19 hours ago, jpcab said:

how? official pvp is for integration on big tribes. End of discussion

Join a tribe alfa or beta or u r just waiting time and will not accomplish anything in the game.

Its the onlly thing you can expire. 

First off sorry for the late responce, apparently you can only post a few things a day. 

I never said i was a solo player? Thats not even what the post is about anyways. I've been playing with around 10-15 tribemates yet it could be 100 and the base would still end up getting meshed, it doesn't matter. To join a Alpha or Beta tribe is cute though but mega tribes is where its at. To be clear, this post is about Ark PvP (or lack of PvP). I've set up around 10 well established bases over the years, some lasted over 6 months, some lasted a couple of days. We are talking about hundreds of hours put in by numerous tribemates. All these bases are wiped now, which you'd expect, but only 1 base was lost to actual legit PvP and the other 9 were meshed. Im trying to raise awareness of the issue because somehow, alot of people think the issue is resolved. Far from it! All it takes is a simple play around in unofficial servers for 20 minutes and even i can do it, without even watching a tutorial or asking a friend. Why am i even to bother building another base when the defences are going to get ignored, and if i was to put the same defences somewhere useful like the mesh, its against the rules. Im not going to go into specifics because if i was to talk about the players involved (who haven't got penalised, despite proof) then the discussion will be closed and i would be referred to the ('very useful') ticket system. If i was to also talk about game moderators, this post would be taken down and i would be issued a warning. So, that being said i can only keep this conversation basic!

15 hours ago, HoboNation said:

Dunno what you are on about, Official PvP can still be fun, I play with bigger tribes, as a 2 man squad with a good friend of mine, and as a solo. I have fun and progress each time, sure I usually get taken out at some point but that is the game, even Massive mega tribes don't last forever and get wiped at some point, doesnt mean it was all a waste, unless you didnt enjoy the time you spent getting to that point, but if thats the case then why would you playing if you dont enjoy the progression. I must say I really enjoy Arkpocalypse for this reason, monthly wipe means players are forced to not get overly attached to their progress, I think the mentality of "oh I should never lose my stuff or it's all over" is a really unhealthy one, when I get wiped I start again and do things a little different than I did before. Sometimes I do better and other times worse, I still have fun. I win some battles and wipe others and lose others and get wiped by others, this is the cycle of ark. Monthly wipe ensures everyone has a more even playing ground, everyone had the same opportunity to start at the same time and you can only transfer from other monthly wipe servers, so non of this "oh let me bring my lvl 450 mana and golems that I have farmed for 2 years and be unstoppable BS. If you get taken out and feel it's too late to start again, no worries just wait a few weeks for server to reset and have another go, This is a much healthier thing for a game like this than feeling like you should never get wiped or lose to another group or else it's just game over and all of it has been a waste of time. This mentality of "If I lose then everything has been a waste and I am no longer having fun" is toxic and harmful to oneself I believe, You will be much happier and enjoy the game a lot more if you learn to enjoy both being on top and being at the bottom, I have fought clans much bigger than me, and sure I have lost to them a fair amount but I still enjoyed those encounters, and sometimes I beat those bigger tribes because I am not afraid to lose and so am not afraid to fight back and try even in the face of stacked odds. 

as for meshing, yes it is getting a bit better, they are working on it and while it is slow atleast they are doing something. Meshing seems to be less of an issue of the servers I play on than on others from what i have read.

lol. I have 4 k hours on officials pvp, ain t much i know players with a loooooot more..  The only progress u can expire in the game now a days on officiasl pvp is to join a tribe. Than u can evolve.

Solo u don t wipe anything or do anything that matters.

7 hours ago, TheLastSpartan said:

First off sorry for the late responce, apparently you can only post a few things a day. 

I never said i was a solo player? Thats not even what the post is about anyways. I've been playing with around 10-15 tribemates yet it could be 100 and the base would still end up getting meshed, it doesn't matter. To join a Alpha or Beta tribe is cute though but mega tribes is where its at. To be clear, this post is about Ark PvP (or lack of PvP). I've set up around 10 well established bases over the years, some lasted over 6 months, some lasted a couple of days. We are talking about hundreds of hours put in by numerous tribemates. All these bases are wiped now, which you'd expect, but only 1 base was lost to actual legit PvP and the other 9 were meshed. Im trying to raise awareness of the issue because somehow, alot of people think the issue is resolved. Far from it! All it takes is a simple play around in unofficial servers for 20 minutes and even i can do it, without even watching a tutorial or asking a friend. Why am i even to bother building another base when the defences are going to get ignored, and if i was to put the same defences somewhere useful like the mesh, its against the rules. Im not going to go into specifics because if i was to talk about the players involved (who haven't got penalised, despite proof) then the discussion will be closed and i would be referred to the ('very useful') ticket system. If i was to also talk about game moderators, this post would be taken down and i would be issued a warning. So, that being said i can only keep this conversation basic!

Alpha tribes don't need to bother with "meshing" to erase you. They have plenty of resources do delete you legitimately without risking a ban.

It's clear your either new or non-PVP player that's wanting to experience only the fun side of PVP. By playing PVP you must accept at some point you will get raided and lose everything. That's a fact and there is not much you can do about it. When it happens it happens.

From reading your post its seems you are making routine rookie mistakes. You are in a tiny tribe of a couple people but no doubt you have attempted to build large bases that you cannot effectively defend. Don't do that. Make a little shack 2v2 at most, avoid taming large dinos and in fact don't bother taming most dinos unless you enjoy regularly retaming stuff. If you have to tame something tame an Anklo, Doed and a Beaver they will serve most of your farming needs. Make multiple small bases around the map in the thickest and remotest jungles and spread out your wealth. 

Play smart, aim small and be realistic. Remember your a small man team you are never going to be the alpha tribe on any server. Once your gulp down that dose of reality then you can start to work out where you fit in and that's the important part. You have to realise what your limits are and adjust. Work diplomacy to your advantage, make deals and allies and at the same time be prepared to engage in some dirty diplomatic tactics. In terms of warfare you will not be winning against an alpha tribe in direct open combat. No instead you want to take the path of the guerrilla. Small raids, hit and run, keep the enemy on their toes. Don't bother going for their main base instead hit their smaller farming bases and water bases.

7 hours ago, jpcab said:

lol. I have 4 k hours on officials pvp, ain t much i know players with a loooooot more..  The only progress u can expire in the game now a days on officiasl pvp is to join a tribe. Than u can evolve.

Solo u don t wipe anything or do anything that matters.

I have wiped other tribes as a solo? Well by wiped I mean blown into bases and gotten all the juicy loots. Obviously I wasn't raiding massive sweaty clan bases with 50+ turrets, but I raided other bases that were around a similar size and development that I was at at the time. Maybe some plants and a few turrets around a metal 5 x 5. And when you are a solo getting into a base like that "matters", arguably it matters more for a solo player to get into something like that than it does for a bigger tribe to get into a much bigger base, this being because it is a lot harder for the solo to farm as much as a big group can so any extra resources the solo can get are big time worth it. 

I am not sure if you under the impression that unless you are raiding a stacked alpha base that it is a pointless raid and so doesnt matter? I don't agree at all with this sentiment, What matters and what doesnt is relative. A 2x2 stone shack may not be worth it for you but to a beach bob that is a god send and can be a game changer. So "you don't do anything that matters"? I am sorry but I can't agree with you on that at all, that is a very subjective statement, to some people just surviving a full wipe season is something that matters you know, different strokes for different folks. We all have different goals and interests and different things we get out of a game like ark, to say you can tell whether something matters or not across the board as a blanket statement is pretty arrogant if you ask me.

Does pushing back two bigger clans and making them decide to give up the raid because it's becoming too costly when you are just a two man crew not matter? does killing 2 high level manas for another tribe when you are solo not matter? Does getting to a stage that you can trade and work with other tribes even though your own tribe isnt so big not matter? Maybe to you it doesnt, but you don't have the authority to speak for other players when it comes to this stuff. 

If I am enjoying the game and having fun with my playthrough then that is what matters.

2 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

Make a little shack 2v2 at most, avoid taming large dinos and in fact don't bother taming most dinos unless you enjoy regularly retaming stuff. If you have to tame something tame an Anklo, Doed and a Beaver they will serve most of your farming needs. Make multiple small bases around the map in the thickest and remotest jungles and spread out your wealth. 

Are you KIDDING ME. People accusing me of being a noob, despite having over 8,000 hours (340 days in REAL LIFE). I''ve been playing since launch day on consoles and im sorry to say but the only 'routine mistake' i am making is still playing the game! Im not talking about a little 2x2 shack! I am talking about fully built tek bases with multiple capped 100 turret towers with HUNDREDS of tames. I have built in different locations each time and they still get meshed. Listen people, no matter how much i try preventing it, it still happens.

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

It's clear your either new or non-PVP player that's wanting to experience only the fun side of PVP. By playing PVP you must accept at some point you will get raided and lose everything. That's a fact and there is not much you can do about it. When it happens it happens.

I swear, these forum posts are borderline comical. Im genuinely not sure whether to take literally or not 

3 hours ago, TheLastSpartan said:

Are you KIDDING ME. People accusing me of being a noob, despite having over 8,000 hours (340 days in REAL LIFE). I''ve been playing since launch day on consoles and im sorry to say but the only 'routine mistake' i am making is still playing the game! Im not talking about a little 2x2 shack! I am talking about fully built tek bases with multiple capped 100 turret towers with HUNDREDS of tames. I have built in different locations each time and they still get meshed. Listen people, no matter how much i try preventing it, it still happens.

You clearly missed my point. Making a large base when you are in a tiny tribe is a rookie movie. It doesn't matter if the turrets are made of gold its not going to make a difference. You do not have the 24 hour manpower to defend the base. 

3 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You clearly missed my point. Making a large base when you are in a tiny tribe is a rookie movie. It doesn't matter if the turrets are made of gold its not going to make a difference. You do not have the 24 hour manpower to defend the base. 

I agree. 

Nobody can defending a base per 24 hour. We have life, real life. And solo or small tribe need be hidden.

8 hours ago, ForzaProiettile said:

You realise how meshing works, right? Whether i have online members or not, i get meshed and all i could do is watch. They attack from beyond the barrier and if i was to play by the rules, i can't kill him (or them). We've already gathered that mesh defences, beds or just any structures beyond the barrier can result in your base getting dev wiped. The only option is a tek railgun. A single fire weapon, not to mention how expensive it is to make or whether you've even unlocked the engram yet. I was lucky enough to have one but trying to shoot a moving target (pretty much every mesher has uses a tek chestpiece) is hard work! Also, it can only shoot through 1 layer of mesh, rendering almost useless! I can see that Wildcard have fixed a few meshing methods but there are plenty more. It's a step in the right direction, but there's over a mile to go! I would love for someone to tell me how to stop or kill a mesher by playing legit cause right now we can only watch it happen, then file a ticket which gets completely overlooked. I've spent countless hours on the game and yet i'm on the verge of quiting, PURELY because meshing. If only the developers could atleast acknowledge the issue and put a statement out regarding it. Maybe improve the railgun so it can shoot through 2 layers of mesh, giving the players more control. Maybe make the railgun fire 3 shots before a reload instead of a single shot. Maybe a dev could put out a statement allowing mesh turrets but no other structures. Or maybe the most blatant solution, actually acknowledge the glitches and meshing methods that myself and other members are sending the development team

5 hours ago, TheLastSpartan said:

You realise how meshing works, right? Whether i have online members or not, i get meshed and all i could do is watch. They attack from beyond the barrier and if i was to play by the rules, i can't kill him (or them). We've already gathered that mesh defences, beds or just any structures beyond the barrier can result in your base getting dev wiped. The only option is a tek railgun. A single fire weapon, not to mention how expensive it is to make or whether you've even unlocked the engram yet. I was lucky enough to have one but trying to shoot a moving target (pretty much every mesher has uses a tek chestpiece) is hard work! Also, it can only shoot through 1 layer of mesh, rendering almost useless! I can see that Wildcard have fixed a few meshing methods but there are plenty more. It's a step in the right direction, but there's over a mile to go! I would love for someone to tell me how to stop or kill a mesher by playing legit cause right now we can only watch it happen, then file a ticket which gets completely overlooked. I've spent countless hours on the game and yet i'm on the verge of quiting, PURELY because meshing. If only the developers could atleast acknowledge the issue and put a statement out regarding it. Maybe improve the railgun so it can shoot through 2 layers of mesh, giving the players more control. Maybe make the railgun fire 3 shots before a reload instead of a single shot. Maybe a dev could put out a statement allowing mesh turrets but no other structures. Or maybe the most blatant solution, actually acknowledge the glitches and meshing methods that myself and other members are sending the development team

Have you not paid any attention to ARK news the last few months? They've released and acknowledged the mesh crisis and even put action into it. (Though it doesnt seem much is being done yet)

8 hours ago, TheLastSpartan said:

I have seen them acknowledge Meshing and state that they are continuing to improve the situation, They have also expressed how and why it is a slow process and I can understand.

I do however agree that a good fix would be to have some kind of temp solution that would allow people to defend against meshers without having to cheat or mesh themselves. Maybe not improving the rail gun but there are many other options. They could release a new item, maybe even just a temporary one, that when turned on creates a shield around the area almost like the ORP, except instead of stopping people from damaging your stuff, it detects if someone is in the mesh in that area and kills them, when it first activates it could scan the area to map the terrain in it's area of effect. It could then determine what in that area is classified as mesh/terrain and maps what isn't. Then with this information it could act like a parasaur but only goes off if a player enters the meshed area that is in it's area of effect. From here it sends out a simple kill command to eliminate the meshed player. Heck they could even make it like ORP where players need the right resources to build one, something like this would mean that having one wouldnt give a tribe any other advantages. Other than the anti mesh defense.

3 hours ago, HoboNation said:

I have seen them acknowledge Meshing and state that they are continuing to improve the situation, They have also expressed how and why it is a slow process and I can understand.

I do however agree that a good fix would be to have some kind of temp solution that would allow people to defend against meshers without having to cheat or mesh themselves. Maybe not improving the rail gun but there are many other options. They could release a new item, maybe even just a temporary one, that when turned on creates a shield around the area almost like the ORP, except instead of stopping people from damaging your stuff, it detects if someone is in the mesh in that area and kills them, when it first activates it could scan the area to map the terrain in it's area of effect. It could then determine what in that area is classified as mesh/terrain and maps what isn't. Then with this information it could act like a parasaur but only goes off if a player enters the meshed area that is in it's area of effect. From here it sends out a simple kill command to eliminate the meshed player. Heck they could even make it like ORP where players need the right resources to build one, something like this would mean that having one wouldnt give a tribe any other advantages. Other than the anti mesh defense.

Finally i think people are on the same page now. Yes they have addressed the issue after the HOD incident but it was such a bland statement. I think 5 meshing methods were patched as a result, snow owl and narc, karinkos, tek sword, tek gauntlets and grapple hooks (although when they patched grapples, it kills the player when climbing random surfaces now. I've died 4 times already by this). There are still alot more methods out there though and yet people are telling me meshing is patched! Don't stop now!

Getting a railgun buff was a longshot but i was also thinking about a new item specifically against meshers. One that most players can access and not just the 1% with tek items.

They are plenty meshing methods going around media sites like youtube that were made to raise awareness. Some of these videos have been out for almost a month and yet the methods still work?! Infact, one method has been around for over a year! Questions need to be asked at some point, especially when myself and pretty much everyone i've been playing has been losing their bases from this exploit!

Archived