Linux server problem to configure

MrDaves

Linux server problem to configure

Hi !

I have issues to configure my ark server......

The server start but never uses the GameUserSettings.ini

I generated the file ini.arkforum

The start command of the server is /home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen

I start it with service ark start

But the server has no name and the max players is 0......

Any idea ?

Thanks,

Pascal

17 hours ago, MrDaves said:

I have issues to configure my ark server......

The server start but never uses the GameUserSettings.ini

I generated the file ini.arkforum

The start command of the server is /home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen

I start it with service ark start

But the server has no name and the max players is 0......

These are my suggestions for things to look at.

1) What path location did you put the file into?

For example, with the path you have given above I would expect that the file would be under the LinuxServer directory.

/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/Game.ini
/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer/GameUserSettings.ini

2) Does the UserID that you're using to run the game have all of the necessary path elements in its environment?

For example, is "/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Saved/Config/LinuxServer" in the path for that UserID?

3) Does the UserID that you're using to run the game have the rights that it needs for all of the game directories?

For example:

755 for the LinuxServer Directory ( drwxr-xr-x userid userid 4096 May 30 00:04 LinuxServer )

and 700 for the ini files? ( -rw-------  userid userid 6632 May 30 00:23 GameUserSettings.ini )

4) Are you running that start command manually or from a script, and it you're using a script did you include "ExecStart=" for the command?

Example:

ExecStart=/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen

5) Are you sure that you included all of the elements that are needed in the startup command? As far as I know you need at least the following items in your startup script if you want it to start properly

Executable, listen, SessionName, Port, QueryPort, -server (and I think -log)

For example:

ExecStart=/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen?SessionName=YourSessionName?Port=####?QueryPort=##### -server -log

The most common cause that I've seen for those issues are some type of problem with your command line parameter structure.

Try including it with your start command as the above user posted.

On 6/4/2019 at 9:21 AM, Pipinghot said:

For example:

ExecStart=/home/ark/server/ShooterGame/Binaries/Linux/ShooterGameServer TheIsland?listen?SessionName=YourSessionName?Port=####?QueryPort=##### -server -log

Archived