Memory Optimisations

SaltyMonkey

Memory Optimisations

How has the semi recent PC update effected your server, both official and unofficial?

The devs claimed they achieved improvements between 2-4gb so I’m wondering which type of server benefited the most. I only ask due to Ragnarok using up the most memory compared to the other maps although Extinction is not far behind.

7 hours ago, Cymas said:

Hard to say, but it's worth noting that the cluster I'm playing on recently switched over to dedicated hardware. Our Ragnarok map is definitely the least stable though and requires restarts much more often than the others.

Ragnarok is certainly an issue which is mainly why I made this post.

4 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

Ragnarok is certainly an issue which is mainly why I made this post.

It is a shame, Ragnarok is definitely one of if not the best map available :/. I guess this is a part of why it is the problem, It is one of the biggest and most full maps. Would make sense then that it has the worst memory optimization.  

2 hours ago, Sphere said:

Hey my server is using less ram. Interesting. Yeah, after a while, a server needs restarting. They go foul after a bit.

I use Nitrado and have a scheduled daily restart so fortunately that’s not an issue for me but knowing your RAM usage has decreased is great news.

Basically back in April, I was forced to wipe our Ragnarok server because the homestead update tipped it over the edge and it became completely unstable, after a great 18 month run. Problem is, our RAM usage is already half a gig away from being unstable again :(

I havent noticed too much for an improvement on CenterPVE Official but then I havent been on as much as usual this week.

I am currently logging in, getting my ferts eggs out of my breeders, doing a feed and then coming on at the weekends to hatch and raise.

Ill be back on in the week but not for much this month as work and real life events are currently taking me out of gaming :( 

Archived