Visiting Abberation

RMBTFriedRice

Visiting Abberation

I've never been to Aberration and was contemplating on visiting to tame some dinos over there. Personally, I don't prefer to charge in blind and wing it; I'm more of a planner. I was wondering if I could get some tips or preparation advice before going.

1. What is the safest zone to spawn in, and what should I bring in terms of tools/supplies?

2. I've read about the Radiation debuff. Is that only in certain areas of the map or all over? What do I need to bring in order to combat this? (I have only learned Island and Ragnorak engrams at this time) and are there any other debuffs I should be aware of?

3. I am aware that there are no flying dinos allowed; will a Managmr work sufficiently? What can I give it to combat Radiation sickness, or should I keep to shorter stays?

4. In terms of Plant Z's, I read on Ark wiki that a player is suppose to stand next to one to get seeds? Does it spit it out on the ground or do you have to manually harvest it from the plant itself?

5. I'm concerned about finding my way back home. Obviously, I don't want to be running around for hours-days  looking to get back to my home server while my dinos at home starve to death. Do I go to the obelisks on the surface? I've also been told loot crates function the same way?

Any help or additional tips would be appreciated, thank you.

1) Fertile lake, green zone north of map, your bigger threats would be ravager packs, just try to avoid. Dont spawn in portal, despite it says its easy zone there is usually some basilisks around.

2) Radiation is in red zone, south of map. There are other debuffs also that come from mushrooms. With full hazard suit you are inmune to all. With tek you are inmune to radiation but not the others. Eating different mushroom types you can be temporarily immune to them. If a lamprey (from water in blue zone) attached to you you have some time of radiation immunity. Basically, try to use a complete hazard suit all the time.

3) Managarmr is good, probably enough to go pick some drake eggs, but it is not immune to radiation. You can feed it mushrooms to make it immune for a while.

4) You stay close and then it opens and spits a seed that you can pick from ground. If you stay it will indefinitely spit seeds every minute or so.

5) In multiplayer you can use normal loot crates to transfer back to your server. One trick, the countdown for the crate to despawn stops if nobody is in its render range.

Some other tips:

- The entrance of the northwest surface is rich in metal, probably the best place until you get a teleport. Its safe to be there if you have a lightpet, because in that zone nameless will spawn. For this same reason, its also a safe to go farm nameless venom to raise drakes.

- The climbing pick is super bugged, avoid using it unless it is completely necessary, and never climb down to a dino or you will insta die with the dino (some kind of bug in anti-mesh protection).

- The river in green zone is a perfect place to farm org poly.

- If you plan to tame a karkinos you dont need a mega structure to trap it. Just a 2x2 foundations square with 2 high walls and a ramp attached is more than enough.

5 hours ago, arkark said:

- The entrance of the northwest surface is rich in metal, probably the best place until you get a teleport. Its safe to be there if you have a lightpet, because in that zone nameless will spawn. For this same reason, its also a safe to go farm nameless venom to raise drakes.

Don't go to that cave. It has nameless and need shrooms to even get through spore field.

The North EAST Cave is 10x better, 100% safe, no nameless, more metal, and none of it will scorch you during day.

The Edge 1 is the safest green zone spawn on the map despite it saying Hard.

G5Bo60Y.png

However, I discourage transferring your character if you, can and instead make a new character and just transfer items and dinos off and level the characters independently. Barely any of the Aberration Engrams are worth learning if you intend to go back to another map as most require materials you can only get on Ab.

12 hours ago, Aikar said:

The North EAST Cave is 10x better, 100% safe, no nameless, more metal, and none of it will scorch you during day.

None of the surface entrances are 100% safe, apart from the nameless you can find seekers eventually and at night someone can drop reapers while escaping.

I consider north west is more for begginers because their 2 requirements, light pet and antipoison mushrooms can be obtained at level 1. However the cave you are referring requieres climbing tools to enter.

Also, I cannot confirm how many rocks to harvest are available at north east because in my server there is an structure inside and things are not respawning, but in the north west there are more than 100 metal rocks to be harvest, and the cave is way bigger than the other, like 2x the size.

10 hours ago, arkark said:

None of the surface entrances are 100% safe, apart from the nameless you can find seekers eventually and at night someone can drop reapers while escaping.

I consider north west is more for begginers because their 2 requirements, light pet and antipoison mushrooms can be obtained at level 1. However the cave you are referring requieres climbing tools to enter.

Also, I cannot confirm how many rocks to harvest are available at north east because in my server there is an structure inside and things are not respawning, but in the north west there are more than 100 metal rocks to be harvest, and the cave is way bigger than the other, like 2x the size.

I go in the north west cave all the time for surface runs. Size is def smaller than the North East but I can't really say I've counted the metal in there since I would never mine there and I'm always rushing through it as quick as possible since it's very dangerous. So it's potentially more. Though I can fill 6+ Ravagers in the North East cave.... so it's quite enough.

However you are wrong about the North West. It is 100% safe. No hostiles spawn in it, no mushrooms, no scorching. The only risk is dehydration from the heat.

I leave my anklyo up there unguarded.

Yes it does INITIALLY require climbing picks, but you can just build a ramp (Our community has done so).

That area of the map also happens to be the safest green area of the map, so even better for beginners. Fertile lake has so much more stuff that will murder you. Spinos, Carnos, Ravagers, Raptors.

7 minutes ago, Aikar said:

I go in the north west cave all the time for surface runs. Size is def smaller than the North East but I can't really say I've counted the metal in there since I would never mine there and I'm always rushing through it as quick as possible since it's very dangerous. So it's potentially more. Though I can fill 6+ Ravagers in the North East cave.... so it's quite enough.

However you are wrong about the North West. It is 100% safe. No hostiles spawn in it, no mushrooms, no scorching. The only risk is dehydration from the heat.

Yes it does INITIALLY require climbing picks, but you can just build a ramp (Our community has done so).

That area of the map also happens to be the safest green area of the map, so even better for beginners. Fertile lake has so much more stuff that will murder you. Spinos, Carnos, Ravagers, Raptors.

6 ravagers with how much weight? In the north west I used to fill with metal a 4.8k weight karkinos grabbing an anky, plus a 11k weight basilisk, and still there are rocks remaining.

4 minutes ago, arkark said:

6 ravagers with how much weight? In the north west I used to fill with metal a 4.8k weight karkinos grabbing an anky, plus a 11k weight basilisk, and still there are rocks remaining.

Just some wild ones around 1-1.2k~ nothing too fancy.  Ankly is wild also with moderate melee.

I just got a Basilisk with 5k weight I'm aiming to start taking instead. 

Though also looking to start using this ledge in the blue zoon off the edge of the waterfall that is really good for metal too. 

Friend has a zipline ran to it and considering building a bridge for the basilisk.

I don't doubt that cave has more total, but coming back with 6k weight in metal is a sufficient run for me that I can repeat in a while.

1 minute ago, Aikar said:

Just some wild ones around 1-1.2k~ nothing too fancy. I just got a Basilisk with 5k weight I'm aiming to start taking instead. 

Though also looking to start using this ledge in the blue zoon off the edge of the waterfall that is really good for metal too. 

Friend has a zipline ran to it and considering building a bridge for the basilisk.

well, in my case, once I got teleport engram I stopped using basilisk and farming in surface entrance, to just tp with a karkinos + anky to blue zone rich on metal. My server has a decent community and there are public teleports in some blue zone metal spots. with a decent karki you can fill almost 2 forges in one travel.

3 minutes ago, arkark said:

well, in my case, once I got teleport engram I stopped using basilisk and farming in surface entrance, to just tp with a karkinos + anky to blue zone rich on metal. My server has a decent community and there are public teleports in some blue zone metal spots. with a decent karki you can fill almost 2 forges in one travel.

Yeah well I'm on official P+, no teleporters :P The map above indicates where my base is, so that blue ledge + SE cave is easiest locations for me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/3/2019 at 2:23 AM, arkark said:

1) Fertile lake, green zone north of map, your bigger threats would be ravager packs, just try to avoid. Dont spawn in portal, despite it says its easy zone there is usually some basilisks around.

2) Radiation is in red zone, south of map. There are other debuffs also that come from mushrooms. With full hazard suit you are inmune to all. With tek you are inmune to radiation but not the others. Eating different mushroom types you can be temporarily immune to them. If a lamprey (from water in blue zone) attached to you you have some time of radiation immunity. Basically, try to use a complete hazard suit all the time.

3) Managarmr is good, probably enough to go pick some drake eggs, but it is not immune to radiation. You can feed it mushrooms to make it immune for a while.

4) You stay close and then it opens and spits a seed that you can pick from ground. If you stay it will indefinitely spit seeds every minute or so.

5) In multiplayer you can use normal loot crates to transfer back to your server. One trick, the countdown for the crate to despawn stops if nobody is in its render range.

Some other tips:

- The climbing pick is super bugged, avoid using it unless it is completely necessary, and never climb down to a dino or you will insta die with the dino (some kind of bug in anti-mesh protection).

- The river in green zone is a perfect place to farm org poly.

- If you plan to tame a karkinos you dont need a mega structure to trap it. Just a 2x2 foundations square with 2 high walls and a ramp attached is more than enough.

Full TEK protects from radiation and all spores.

On 6/16/2019 at 5:45 AM, TravisMichael said:

I built my base in the River Valley. In that little field beneath the North-East cave entrance.

If you really want to hardcore dive into Ab, I would recommend not building there, as that location is so far from everything important. 

The only thing close to that is if you jump off the cliff directly into the canyon for red with a rock drake... You're going to be hardcore tekking to get into blue/red each time.

I still stand by my Edge 1 recommendation, so many prime building locations in that area.

Some rough ideas of locations: 

iYVof7S.png

3 Is a super PRIME location. It's on the edge of the waterfall but super flat land with metal nodes in the yard. 

6 is also a prime location. It's at the tip of the circle with a giant hill you can build up on with huge amount of land. Easy access to the mining cave right at your door and tons of wood/stone.

4 would be around the entrance to the blue. Dangerous area as Rock Drakes and nameless would spawn/be on the edge, but if you wanna be in the blue a lot, nothing like being on the entrance?

2 would be my base.

1 being the pathway with a drop off ledge parallel to mine. Huge area there that you could gate off and have a massive base, or simply cozy up into the nook in the wall in that same location.

9 is the other waterfall. Plenty of open area around it too underneath the drop off at 1. Just please don't gate that area directly under it or people falling off the drop off get stuck in your base.

7 minutes ago, Aikar said:

If you really want to hardcore dive into Ab, I would recommend not building there, as that location is so far from everything important. 

The only thing close to that is if you jump off the cliff directly into the canyon for red with a rock drake... You're going to be hardcore tekking to get into blue/red each time.

I still stand by my Edge 1 recommendation, so many prime building locations in that area.

I'm doing just fine in that location. I have small outposts in the blue and red zones. I keep a few dinos, light-pets and (in the case of red zone) Hazard suits there. I just fast travel to the outpost, do what I need to do, then fast-travel back to my main base.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 6/4/2019 at 7:04 AM, Aikar said:

Not true.  I farm that cave all the time.  Seekers show up at the end of the cave closest to the surface.  Also during the day the outer wall will fry your mount if it touches it and at the end where the seekers show up there’s a spot I saw my anky burn as I moved it into place to break a rock. But aside from that, the cave is pretty damn safe and an anky can kill seekers faster than a kark can assuming you have a strong anky.

16 hours ago, GrumpyBear said:

Not true.  I farm that cave all the time.  Seekers show up at the end of the cave closest to the surface.  Also during the day the outer wall will fry your mount if it touches it and at the end where the seekers show up there’s a spot I saw my anky burn as I moved it into place to break a rock. But aside from that, the cave is pretty damn safe and an anky can kill seekers faster than a kark can assuming you have a strong anky.

Weird... ive def gone close to that wall with no frying, maybe one special spot is bugged. Because more importantly, you can actually climb that wall and there is a little bit of lip that isn't burning at the top too. When you go up you can clearly see the shaded area then the line where the fire starts. I've seen people build a base on that small spot.

I guess there is a risk that a seeker could fly close enough to the mouth when you're at the edge that it goes into attraction range. Would be extreme luck though, as I've also never seen them at the mouth up top much either (I go up there often for farming, and stam up on the lip)

• 2 weeks later...

I do second the recommendation of not transferring your main character and just making a fresh alt on an Ab server. I went in blind on my main character naively assuming it would be a piece of cake to tame myself some glow-in-the-dark dodos and trotting back home. It turned into a 3 real life day ordeal in which I was terrified my dinos were going to starve to death because I didn't realize (hence the going in blind) that the surface is a death trap and you can't just prance to a handy obelisk and transfer in/out and I hadn't been lucky enough to make it to a supply drop (or if I did lag made it despawn before I could make it to a server selection). This was before I discovered your stuff is account and not character bound >_> that would've saved me some mental/emotional trauma if I'd known that beforehand since I would've just made the new character on an Ab server and sent my main the glowing dodos lol 

• 1 month later...

your right preparation is the key , there's some really good info here for locations  too.

build these items if possible before you spawn in and you wont have much of an issue

small 2x2 base stone will do

bed and storage boxes to place in it

transmitter ! if unlocked

couple of ab allowed dinos in cryopods ( mana or spino are good if you have them )

dino leash

hold the items on you when you transfer, when you arrive pop out your protection dino and explore , find your self a decent base start point this may change as you learn the map and its advantages.  drop the base set up the transmitter and jump back and forth as you need.

Archived