It didnt die because a giga.. it died because its' owner let it die to a giga

Ptera is fine, Argentavis is better. Keep playing the game and next time scan the area before landing. If you see a bronto tail in trees....make sure it is in fact a bronto and not a Giga. Classic.

2 hours ago, Bigchingus7890 said:

Thanks for the advice.    And I tried to make it follow me but it didn’t 

It's possible that you accidentally changed out of its group (if it is not in a group and you click to group 1 commanding other dinos wont register that group command).

Posted (edited)

When a tame is aggro'd, you have to whistle it to passive before it will follow. It's one of those things. I've done it so many times to save a tame, it's muscle memory now lol. 

Also, yes, another ptera. When you get good at taming, it's like 15 mins to get a high-level ptera tamed. Longer for Argentavis / Griffin, but those are way better than a ptera. (But a ptera is extremely useful for getting those tames, you can lure them easily into traps - ptera fits through a 1x1 hole, neither of those do :D )

Edited by Milsurp

Gigas are BRILLIANT. 

When stomping all over the map, it's refreshing to see a dino that actually makes me say 'Wait.. Not that way...' 

The only bother with the later stages of Ark is that you lose the fear and excitement of earlier days.