Happy Birthday ARK: Year Four!

StudioWildcard

It's that time of year again, ARK: Survival Evolved is celebrating it's 4th birthday today!

It's been FOUR YEARS since we first entered into Early Access on Steam. Hard to believe it's been that long, isn't it? From humble beginnings  waking up naked on the beach to saving planet Earth from giant roaming Titans, it feels like we have done it all. And we have loved each and every moment of development, meeting you at events, hosting streams, and watching your content. Thank you so much for all the support you've shown us over the last 4 years.

The past year has been a busy one for us. With the help of our vibrant community, we have been able to achieve quite a lot! Today we're taking a look back on all that's happened in the world of ARK in the last year.

Things started out strong with the release of ARK on mobile! For the first time survivors were able to hold ARK in their hands and play on-the-go. If you haven't tried ARK on mobile, you can check it out for iOS and Android.

Later in June we launched our ARKaeology event, where survivors were greeted with new stunning dinosaur skins and dig sites to unearth dinosaur bones and goodies.

ark-bionic-rex-skin.jpeg

With the announcement of our third expansion pack ARK: Extinction coming later in the year, June was also the first edition of the Extinction Chronicles which included the TEK Rex as well as the first piece of corrupted armor.

Stego3.jpg.d00a99d0d3f4503c5a70bc2afad9b

01.jpg.7700a2006987b8be6d240b415953f86b.

large.Para_1.jpg.be6ffc09ed01212654dc550

July, August, September brought with it a new TEK dinosaur each month, and one piece of the corrupted armor for survivors to collect.

Our modding contest was launched in September, awarding big cash prizes to support our talented ARK modders.

large.Quetz.jpg.6037dd587dcb7d2569504e4c

October was the final Extinction Chronicles that brought with it the TEK Quetzal and the final piece of corrupted armor to complete the five piece set.

In October we participated in TwitchCon and gave influences a sneak peek at the Extinction orbital supply drop game mode. It was the first time survivors were able to get their hands on anything to do with the expansion pack.

large.Extra-Life-Wrapjpg.jpg.3e2bec3a947

In November we participated once again in the Extra Life campaign raising money for sick kids charities. Together we raised $76,000+ over the course of our 25 hour live stream on Twitch.

On November 6th ARK's third expansion pack ARK: Extinction became available for players to experience! New titans and bizarre element-infused creatures roam the desolate planet Earth and gave players a totally new experience unlike anything before.

At the end of November, ARK became available on the Nintendo Switch!

large.x-mas-Pic-16b.jpg.04d10ea3c163b6ee

December borught the holiday season and with it, the return of Raptor Claus who had a new guest along with him this year: Gacha Claus!

large.Valentines_Couple_2.jpg.9bb040bb1a

Romance was in the air during February with our cheeky Valentine's Day event. 

In March of this year we were finally able to get the kibble rework and Structures Plus into the hands of players under the name ARK: Homestead. 

April brought with it the return of Eggcellent Adventure, an event in which players must collect eggs to decorate and craft skins and holiday themed items.

In May we announced our most recent mod contest, which just opened for entries! If you're a modder, definitely check out the mod contest and you could possibly win big cash prizes!

Last but not least, Snail Games’ open world, voxel-based sandbox survival game PixARK launched for Nintendo Switch, PS4, Xbox One & Xbox One X, and PC on Steam this May!

Thank You!

large.Dossier2018.jpg.9cdd3e002733d0b3d4

On behalf of everyone here at Studio Wildcard, thank you for joining us on this journey and for being an awesome member of our tribe! We don't plan on slowing down any time soon, and the year ahead is shaping up to be another great year for ARK. We hope you join us. Keep on surviving!

:Jerblove:

View full article

• Thanks 1

I love you ark/wildcard! And ignore those people asking for a event, your success is good enough for me! You do amazing work, the people who talk about bugs are correct on the part that you need to fix them, but just because there is no ingame effect as of yet doesn’t mean your not working hard! Happy birthday! Also there was a evolution event, started Friday for most, ends on Monday for some. So edukate yo self. Again, happy birthday!!! 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, s0na said:

Yeah, 4 years ago first players joined the game. Paid you to test your game, and stayed with you for all these years.

And this birthday you gave them amazing present - deleting servers, they were playing all these years. Good job.

Most likely these servers have bugs, glitches, and player structures glitching spawns. So you can see why they might have deleted them. You could even say the overseer reset the experiment. WildCard is the overseer, those servers were the experiment. *love it when I can make game references ?

• Haha 1

hey, I’m happy that some people are just thrilled about this. Honestly, tho, it feels like I just got invited to watch you eat cake in your offices. If you’re celebrating an anniversary, do you come home and just say, “hey happy anniversary, I’m going to eat cake and i didn’t get you any.” Go eat your cake, you aren’t sharing, and I don’t want to watch. It isn’t entitlement.  This should be an exchange, it doesn’t take anything to toggle something besides the everyday old evolution event that comes with the weekend. Honestly wildcard if I was your significant other I’d break up with you. That’s so rude. Get some manners. Happy fourth anniversary. Go eat your cake by yourself unless you can do an anniversary celebration right. Doesn’t mean we don’t love you just means you’re a bit slow when it comes to doing it right. 

• Like 1