Can someone help with adding Ab spawns to Rag?

I am trying to add a few Aberration creatures to my Ragnarok map, but having issues. I can't get them to work. Can anyone help? Only want the 4 shoulder pets

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternPugMount",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=(("LanternPug_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternPug_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternBirdSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternBird_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternBird_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=1.0))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Glowtail",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternLizard_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternLizard_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.3))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMountain",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternGoatMount",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternGoat_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternGoat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01))),

11 hours ago, SomeNoob said:

I am trying to add a few Aberration creatures to my Ragnarok map, but having issues. I can't get them to work. Can anyone help? Only want the 4 shoulder pets

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesBeach",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternPugMount",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=(("LanternPug_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternPug_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.1))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesRedwoods",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternBirdSpawner",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternBird_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternBird_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=1.0))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesSwamp",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="Glowtail",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternLizard_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternLizard_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.3))),

ConfigAddNPCSpawnEntriesContainer=(NPCSpawnEntriesContainerClassString="DinoSpawnEntriesMountain",NPCSpawnEntries=((AnEntryName="LanternGoatMount",EntryWeight=1.0NPCsToSpawnStrings=("LanternGoat_Character_BP_C"))),NPCSpawnLimits=(NPCClassString="LanternGoat_Character_BP_C",MaxPercentageOfDesiredNumToAllow=0.01))),

Spawn weight is the likelihood that that creature will be chosen over everything else in that spawn entry. What I usually do is use the wiki for a spawn map, pick a creature until you find your desired spawn entry and then select all spawns to see each creatures spawn weights for that spawn entry. I then base my chosen creatures spawn weight off of that. A spawn weight of 1.0 means that creature has a 1% chance to be picked over everything else.

Max percentage of desired num to allow is the decimal equivalent to a percentage so always keep it below 1.0 unless you want to completely override a spawn entry with that creature. The setting just means that this creature has the potential to keep spawning over everything else in that spawn entry up until that chosen percentage i.e. decimal.

8 hours ago, SaltyMonkey said:

It always works, you just have to have the correct values in place to notice.

Not entirely true. I have set a spawn rate of .01% of some creatures with max percentage allowed of .00000001 and I will still see multiple creatures of the same type spawning in reality I should only ever see 1 if my max percentage was that low. Don't believe me, try gamma brood mother on the island in the swamp. 

Archived