Disable mesh detection killing

Aikar

Suggestion

Disable mesh detection killing

This is completely out of hand. This new system is probably causing more problems than solving at this time as people are still meshing and it seems only false positives are being hit. 

Aberration is broken now as you can not use rock climbing picks without fear of being killed by the system. I recently got hit, allies got hit in drake pit, and now we've lost 2 wyverns in the scar to this problem. 

Simply hugging a wall in the scar killed our wyvern. 

In not realizing that was what happened, tribe member grabbed another wyvern to find the other one and got hit exactly the same way. 

Please turn this buggy system off until you can change it to simply teleport you backwards instead. 

This is just too dangerous to play right now. 

18 replies to this server topic

26 minutes ago, R3dHawk said:

Not that easy boo boo bear

I play PVP too where I do think it is a very valuable system and the pros definitely outweigh the cons. It is just that meshing is such a small problem(if we can even call it a problem) in pve that this new (broken)system only creates more problems instead of less.

And it is literally as easy as adding one of those parameters:

-noundermeshchecking // Will turn it off the anti meshing system entirely
-noundermeshkilling // Will turn it off the anti meshing player kills (but still allow teleporting)

11 hours ago, AwesomeRon said:

PVP can’t be fixed without the people that play PVE to report the major issues of the anti mesh logic.  PVE has the most invested because they’re losing entire bases that are legit built above ground due to flawed logic. Or walking on a meat run and dying for stepping on a tree. So PVE players report it in hopes of getting stuff back. Which will never happen apparently because that is the stance on the GM’s. 

PVP players are losing stuff legit to the mesh, and they accept it and move on. Or they have little to nothing on them and test out their new mesh bases.

What needs to happen is Wildcard needs to take real action against these PVP meshers and start banning them once they’ve been in the mesh for X minutes or hours. 

But instead of destroying our Dino’s on pve they can just log it without destroying the Dino. It is already logged in the tribelog and I’m 99% sure wildcard gets the same message in their log. @Cedric shared images of mesh logs. 

I am fine with pve being used for data collection(hell, they could do so much with all the data they could collect. I am not fine with how easy it is to lose Dino’s to the bugged mesh system. On pvp I don’t mind losing a Dino to it as much because it stops almost all of the meshing issues. On PvE there are no issues with people meshing(sometimes it can even be useful to get a Dino back that fell through the mesh)

Agreed yesterday I died multiple times from passing out and my head dipping under the map as well as tames from getting too close to a wall and when battling sometimes you get pushed a little downwards. I just don't understand why they don't make it a 60 second timer. It supposed to log it in there system when it detects you and they can spawn right to the point using admin commands and take whatever action is needed I would rather have 60 seconds to move incase you accidentally dip through the barrier or a wall (not completely) and then die if they stayed longer. 60 seconds defiantly isn't enough time to do anything in the mesh and then players wouldn't be nearly as scared to play the game right now. I know I feel like I can't play the game rn cause I don't want to randomly loose a bunch of tames and or loot. Please fix the problem or remove the mechanic till it is more reliable amd doesn't insta kill people for passing out or just playing on their tames.

On 2/1/2020 at 1:26 PM, Oli4 said:

Remove the mesh destroy option on Official PV

Title says it all. The system does more harm than good, it makes it easier for people to get inside other peoples bases, dino's get instakilled randomly when farming/doing anything. It is not ready to be live on PVE where meshers aren't as big of an issue. Instead of killing dino's/people/structures add it to the tribelog so we can report the false mesh error. The teleport function can too easily be abused by other players to glitch into someones base. I've heard about multiple people losing ankies/doeds when mining, especially on ab, but also on the other maps. A giga that needs to walk into the wall to turn should not be autodestroyed. A bird picking someone up by pushing them under the mesh for a second shouldn't result in all kind of glitchy poop.

For official PVP I can understand the need to deal with meshing, but for PVE it is just a pain in the ... and totally not worth it. Feels like you are shooting at a thatch hut with

Can anyone plz tell me why the game just decided to “Destroy” me when I had over 20 Dino’s cryoed on me? Can’t find my body or the tame I was riding at the time

Another player signing up under this post, meshing literały gives no advantage in PvE content, now only inducing fear in players as we keep getting dismounted from mounts(yes i lost several wyverns when i was grinding agains wyvern nest to kill the aggroed ones, getting dismounted ultimately leading to getting my tame killed) and our favourite event tames, in some cases losing dinos in cryopods or getting plain destroyed. 

And all of that right before event starts? Is WC expecting players to just sit still? Heck, that doesn't even help, check false positive thread , some players getting killed and dinos destroyed without even moving.

Act quick for once please...

Remove meshing protection system from PvE servers

Title speaks for itself, according to False positive feedback the suffering party is clearly PvE players, as vast amount of the feedback comes from these players. 

Meshing gives no advantage in PvE content, culls ability to build creative and puts hours of hard work to get collection dinos to waste.

PVP can’t be fixed without the people that play PVE to report the major issues of the anti mesh logic.  PVE has the most invested because they’re losing entire bases that are legit built above ground due to flawed logic. Or walking on a meat run and dying for stepping on a tree. So PVE players report it in hopes of getting stuff back. Which will never happen apparently because that is the stance on the GM’s. 

PVP players are losing stuff legit to the mesh, and they accept it and move on. Or they have little to nothing on them and test out their new mesh bases.

What needs to happen is Wildcard needs to take real action against these PVP meshers and start banning them once they’ve been in the mesh for X minutes or hours. 

I remember back about 5 years ago falling through the map on the island from a supply drop pushing me under the map.

Also several caves falling through and swimming to a beach to get out, ran out of sta a few times and drown.

A giga tame stepped on my anky and pushed it through the map.

"Meshing" has been around since the start of this game.

Most of my GM tickets have been related to this problem, before it was named "meshing"

Just teleport players to a safe area/spot, no reason to punish the majority of the player base because of a few bad apples.

There is no reason to punish good people, the majority of players, just because a few people want to exploit the game.

Too many times Wildcard has went down the worst path to fix something simple, anti meshing is one of them.

Just teleport the player/dino out of the mesh to a "safe spot" or use existing spawns already in the game, or my suggestion to use the closest explorer note as a spawn point (typically unbuildable land around the notes).  Most other games use this teleport method why cant Wildcard.

Not only would it be good for legit players but it would also free up GM's.

This is a win win for everyone.

3 hours ago, GrimJim said:

Agreed yesterday I died multiple times from passing out and my head dipping under the map as well as tames from getting too close to a wall and when battling sometimes you get pushed a little downwards. I just don't understand why they don't make it a 60 second timer. It supposed to log it in there system when it detects you and they can spawn right to the point using admin commands and take whatever action is needed I would rather have 60 seconds to move incase you accidentally dip through the barrier or a wall (not completely) and then die if they stayed longer. 60 seconds defiantly isn't enough time to do anything in the mesh and then players wouldn't be nearly as scared to play the game right now. I know I feel like I can't play the game rn cause I don't want to randomly loose a bunch of tames and or loot. Please fix the problem or remove the mechanic till it is more reliable amd doesn't insta kill people for passing out or just playing on their tames.

60 seconds is enough time to enter the mesh, set several c4 charges and get out, or even blow them and let the system push you out. Maybe a 5-10 second window, or do the same thing that happens when you go past the red beacons in extinction(your health slowly depletes).I'm not saying the system is perfect either, but I have noticed a drop on extinction in meshing.

Yes for experienced players they may be able to get in quickly but from what I've seen on it usually takes people a minute to pull things through honestly I would rather defend against it myself then loose sentimental tames and loot by rendering issues or collision issues causing instantaneous death. Maybe 30 seconds would be more fair but Im just saying I've gotten tames stuck halfway under the map or in a wall for well over a minute but atleast make it to where you have time to wake up from passing out or get a tame unstuck. It's simple to place spam structures and turrets over meshable spots to prevent people feom getting in instantly that way you can catch them in the axt hopefully and defend/ mive location if needed I've been able to survive this long but now I just don't feel like the game is fully playable anymore and feels like it's back to game preview mode.

Remove the mesh destroy option on Official PVE

Title says it all. The system does more harm than good, it makes it easier for people to get inside other peoples bases, dino's get instakilled randomly when farming/doing anything. It is not ready to be live on PVE where meshers aren't as big of an issue. Instead of killing dino's/people/structures add it to the tribelog so we can report the false mesh error. The teleport function can too easily be abused by other players to glitch into someones base. I've heard about multiple people losing ankies/doeds when mining, especially on ab, but also on the other maps. A giga that needs to walk into the wall to turn should not be autodestroyed. A bird picking someone up by pushing them under the mesh for a second shouldn't result in all kind of glitchy poop.

For official PVP I can understand the need to deal with meshing, but for PVE it is just a pain in the ... and totally not worth it. Feels like you are shooting at a thatch hut with a tek rifle.

Ark isnt anymore in Early Access. You (Wildcard) added a System into the Game which lead to lose Stuff and just Abuse us as your Testers and even dont want to replace any of our Losses.
Fixing Meshing was always what PVP Players wanted and not what we PVE Player wanted. Do you want to know what PVE Players asking for since years ? Finally Separate pvp and pve.
Its frightening how less you care about the Time and Work from your Community Base.

Archived