NnjaChicken

Suggestion

Make Default Dino Stance=Passive

Ever tamed a dino then a random wolf bites you and you try to kill it but then your newly tamed sheep tries to help and kills itself? This has happened too many times with too many different types of dinos and it is beyond annoying, so just make dinos come out tamed/fully grown as passive so all that can be avoided.

3 replies to this server topic

On 6/2/2019 at 2:36 AM, eESTlane said:

the "help detection" range these dinos have is just as small as the aggro range, so once you've died to that wolf (you weak, git gut), it would have gone for your passive tame. either way, dead. it's your mission to keep your gang safe, ie use whistle commands, spikes, birds and/or fighter dinos that can help you out. 

You are missing the point it is not that the wild dino kills me(as you infer they are generally easy to kill) and then kills the tame, it is rather the issue that the newly tamed creature gets caught in battle and dies to the wild dino/spike wall, BEFORE the wild dino is killed. This situation I recall is also unlikely as it only happens within a 10 second window but if you forget to whistle passive it is much more likely to happen.

the "help detection" range these dinos have is just as small as the aggro range, so once you've died to that wolf (you weak, git gut), it would have gone for your passive tame. either way, dead. it's your mission to keep your gang safe, ie use whistle commands, spikes, birds and/or fighter dinos that can help you out. 

Upvoted, and I'd add : who is the genius who thought it cool to make newborns not being passive ?
Anecdote : once a rex attacked my base and my babies went wild in the hatchery. I don't want all the babies in the hatchery to go wild trying to defend the base. You're a baby jerboa lvl 1, eat your berries and stay put for crying out loud. Babies not being born passive is absurd. You end up whistling all day while hatching because ugh.

Archived