Jump to content

Blackmage2015

Gasbag disable abilities until fixed

Recommended Posts

This annoys me to no end on my server.  People complain about the lag but they have 200 tames sitting outside.  Cryopods are a thing now people.  You don't need massive bases anymore, or 200 tames sitting out to display as your "trophy"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Garet said:

This annoys me to no end on my server.  People complain about the lag but they have 200 tames sitting outside.  Cryopods are a thing now people.  You don't need massive bases anymore, or 200 tames sitting out to display as your "trophy"

U actually do when breeding for mutations ur gonna need 200 rex sitting about haha but can be in a building  but then again  what are walls going to stop really lol nothing...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Garet said:

This annoys me to no end on my server.  People complain about the lag but they have 200 tames sitting outside.  Cryopods are a thing now people.  You don't need massive bases anymore, or 200 tames sitting out to display as your "trophy"

So if you won alot of trophys you would hide them in the basement? 😁 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You people saying it shouldn't be fixed are quite something.

Yes, let's give the go ahead for exploiters to go ahead and break the rules and grief someone just because there is a 'workaround'.

Who cares about letting the innocent players play the game the way it should be able to be played. Screw them. All about making it easier for the cheaters.

What about the new players who don't have cryopods? What about players who are playing on other servers that might have Tek disabled? What if the base doesn't have enough room to even make a pen big enough to put everything inside?

Do you know how annoying it would be to have to pen every dino and need to go get one out and have to move 20+ other things out of the way?

Yes, let's just cause grief and annoyance to the innocents.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Aikar said:

You people saying it shouldn't be fixed are quite something.

Yes, let's give the go ahead for exploiters to go ahead and break the rules and grief someone just because there is a 'workaround'.

Who cares about letting the innocent players play the game the way it should be able to be played. Screw them. All about making it easier for the cheaters.

What about the new players who don't have cryopods? What about players who are playing on other servers that might have Tek disabled? What if the base doesn't have enough room to even make a pen big enough to put everything inside?

Do you know how annoying it would be to have to pen every dino and need to go get one out and have to move 20+ other things out of the way?

Yes, let's just cause grief and annoyance to the innocents.

A man lives in a small house.  He is wealthy and has a lot of stuff.  His house can't fit it all, so he leaves stuff on the lawn.

The next morning, half his crap is missing.  He calls the cops and expects them to spend time and resources coming up with a way to keep people from stealing his stuff.  He's told to lock up his stuff if he doesn't want it stolen, and his defense is "Do you know how annoying it would be to lock all this crap up?"

"Innocents" is a relative term.  I consider the complainers to be leeches on the support staff and have no problems punishing them for that behavior.

Edited by SMP
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SMP said:

A man lives in a small house.  He is wealthy and has a lot of stuff.  His house can't fit it all, so he leaves stuff on the lawn.

The next morning, half his crap is missing.  He calls the cops and expects them to spend time and resources coming up with a way to keep people from stealing his stuff.  He's told to lock up his stuff if he doesn't want it stolen, and his defense is "Do you know how annoying it would be to lock all this crap up?"

"Innocents" is a relative term.  I consider the complainers to be leeches on the support staff and have no problems punishing them for that behavior.

Man pays for an environment with a security system that protects said goods outside in the yard. Man expects the system to work as it's suppose to. Otherwise man should find a different house/system to store his goods.

When said security system they paid for does not work as expected. Man has a right to be upset and demand a refund.

Edited by Aikar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just place a wall around your dinos, or wall around the water near your base and they cant drown. Other option is to use dino leashes which prevent gasbags from pushing dinos out of its range(if you place one in the center of your troughs and place it on medium it's aprox the same size as the feeding trough range)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aikar said:

Man pays for an environment with a security system that protects said goods outside in the yard. Man expects the system to work as it's suppose to. Otherwise man should find a different house/system to store his goods.

When said security system they paid for does not work as expected. Man has a right to be upset and demand a refund.

Fair retort.  Unfortunately, your comparison is a little flawed.  At no time has Wildcard or anyone else promised us a "security system" that protects our goods.  The provide us with the tools to do that on our own.  If walls didn't work, I'd agree with the complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Aikar said:

Man pays for an environment with a security system that protects said goods outside in the yard. Man expects the system to work as it's suppose to. Otherwise man should find a different house/system to store his goods.

When said security system they paid for does not work as expected. Man has a right to be upset and demand a refund.

A survival game with no survival? WC really should get rid of ORP for PvE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They don't allow the wing attack on a wyvern to move other tribes dinos, so I don't see why they would allow a gasbags to.  A lot of bases were made before gasbags even came out, so it isn't really fair that a new dino could kill someone else's pets when they weren't needed to be taken into consideration when the base was made.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Jacira said:

So I've just come back after a bit of a break and I'm not very educated on this bug, it sounds like Gasbags can move other's dinos around, and they are presumably moving them into water where they drown, is that about the gist of it?

Yep, but gasbags are not the only way to move other peoples dino's, just the most used one right now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It really is a pretty minor thing then...

Should they be able to do it? Probably not,

Should Wild Card waste precious time and resources fixing it that could be put to better use? Absolutely not.

When I first started playing Ark it was the most difficult game I'd ever played, no beacons for loot bags on death, if a carnivore ate you, you wouldn't even get a death bag. But at the same time it had such cute elements to it with taming and breeding dinosaurs. There are way more difficult games out there but not many have those almost childlike aspects to it as well.

Nowadays however, it's been so streamlined and dumbed down that you could liken it more to FarmVille than a survival game, and that saddens me. ORP especially made this game so fricken easy on the PvE front it's actually boring.

tl;dr- I'm with the "wild card shouldn't do anything' crowd. This game has been nerfed far too much and for far too long.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Lycan187u said:

U actually do when breeding for mutations ur gonna need 200 rex sitting about haha but can be in a building  but then again  what are walls going to stop really lol nothing...

I'm sure people who are complaining are talking about PvE where other players can't destroy your base, so walls essentially stop everything, I highly doubt someone would use a gasbag to push around player tames on PvP when they could just sit and snipe all the dinos sitting out in the open. And also even if you were to breed outside without building a breeding box, why leave everything out there and then just log off, that is still being lazy, log on, take out dinos, breed, collect eggs, put dinos away.... easy

18 hours ago, Rogero said:

So if you won alot of trophys you would hide them in the basement? 😁 

And maybe not the basement, But I would put them in my house, I wouldnt just leave them on my street corner for some random to come and take them, heck make a glass box for your dinos so others can see them, but having them just out in the open is the equivalent of leaving your trophies out in your yard with the gate open and praying that people dont just take them as they walk by.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Aikar said:

Man pays for an environment with a security system that protects said goods outside in the yard. Man expects the system to work as it's suppose to. Otherwise man should find a different house/system to store his goods.

When said security system they paid for does not work as expected. Man has a right to be upset and demand a refund.

Yes and so what now? You have deemed the security company to be inadequate in providing a temporary fix, you have complained, nothing has happened as a result. I dont see you asking for a refund, instead you just complain harder and get more angry, instead of realizing "ok WC arent deploying a fix so let me just be proactive and protect myself, no instead you watch your tames die, knowing full well you have the power to protect them, it just takes a little extra effort, but you prefer to sit on your couch and watch the dumpster fire outside and just keep complaining. 

I get it believe me, I can imagine it's annoying and yes the players who exploit like this are scummy and trash, but for you to sit there and complain but then refuse to protect yourself, despite the fact that you can actually protect yourself, all because "it's the security teams fault and so they should fix it, I wont even lift a finger" Despite the fact that you have now complained and still nothing is being done, so you continue to sit and complain because that is clearly working.... Come on man, Heck if I was on PvE and experiencing this I wouldve dedicated a few hours to putting a make shift shack to stop players doing this even if WC said they will hotfix it the next day, I would still be on today and be prioritizing protecting myself. I wouldnt sit in my own contempt and wallow as I complain despite seeing that the devs arent implementing a hot fix. Believe me the complaining isnt going to stop your dinos from being gas-bagged away, I mean honestly how long would it take to setup a stone shack big enough for most tames, at least the important stuff? what like an hour? maybe 2? But no rather come on her and spend those hours complaining to WC about there lack of action while you sit and employ no action yourself when you clearly can. It's kind of the pot calling the kettle black when you look at it like that isnt it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Cowgirl said:

They don't allow the wing attack on a wyvern to move other tribes dinos, so I don't see why they would allow a gasbags to.  A lot of bases were made before gasbags even came out, so it isn't really fair that a new dino could kill someone else's pets when they weren't needed to be taken into consideration when the base was made.

You are right it isn't fair, but it's still happening, so what is the solution? sit and watch as your dinos float away into the distance? or do something about it because sometimes things arent fair? It's not like WC did this on purpose and intended for this grief, but they are not rushing to implement a hotfix either, so your choice is pretty much, sit and complain while doing nothing and losing dinos, or be proactive and impliment your own temporary fix, build a box and stick dinos in it, then when WC fixes the issue destroy the box if you dont like it and move on. 

This is atleast the way I see it. My opinion however is coming from a PvP mindset as I don't play PvE, so leaving tames to die outside is already something I deem to be lazy and avoidable, But I get that ppl who are used to PvE are used to having that sense of security and don't usually have to worry about this kind of stuff, So I understand where the frustration is coming from and believe me I sympathize with you, But when I see ppl complain but then dont use the tools readily available to them to prevent this, then my sympathy begins to wane 🤷‍♂️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I don't think the ability should be disabled for any time, they should definitely fix it.  Just include an element in ORP that makes the dino leashed, though it might not be that easy?

My personal opinion: The PvE game is not made better by the inclusion/justification/validation of PvP elements and actions.  If a player comes up and blasts all the dinos on your roof (or whereever they are stored) around, that is PvP action with no possible retaliation, because you are friggin' offline, and have zero way of determining who it was.  It can be said that walls work to stop this (or building in your yard), but once they disable this unintended feature there will no longer be a discussion.

Also, they are actively working on disabling it, per Community Crunch 183's social roundup.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Jacira said:

Nowadays however, it's been so streamlined and dumbed down that you could liken it more to FarmVille than a survival game, and that saddens me. ORP especially made this game so fricken easy on the PvE front it's actually boring.

Exactly. PvE has become a simulator instead of a survival game. With ORP players don't even have to try and be nice or form relationships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Aylana314159 said:

Exactly. PvE has become a simulator instead of a survival game. With ORP players don't even have to try and be nice or form relationships.

ORP is good for PVE because it prevents griefing. Apart from that, any medium size tribe dont need ORP at all, main difference is that when there was no ORP we tend to leave dinos in neutral, now you can leave them in passive with no consequences (once orp triggers).

Edited by arkark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...