Teleporter Malfunction - Help Advice Any Others?

asmodiandevils

I spent weeks saving and gathering mats for my first teleporter and generator. now that i placed it today when i teleport my dinos do not appear at the destination. they are found usually 40 - 50 foundation lengths away. like really far away. I have had to use owl vision and modified groups to find them. Please has anyone else had this happen and how did you fix it.

Sometimes they fly in the direction they're looking when you teleport them after the teleport. For example, if you have a parasaur looking at the teleporter terminal, and you teleport it, it will fly really far forward in the direction of the terminal.

If you put walls around the teleporter, or angle the dinos to where they will hit a wall, it should stop them from bugging like that

1 hour ago, yekrucifixion187 said:

I noticed it mostly with flyers and mana's. Crabs, Anky's, Rav's, and others like that have never posed me an issue. 

I think it's a game issue not a design issue on your part. I guess submit a ticket/bug report with video evidence of a few teleports.

Okay I will have to submit tickets cause it keeps on happening.

On 6/1/2019 at 5:05 AM, asmodiandevils said:

I spent weeks saving and gathering mats for my first teleporter and generator. now that i placed it today when i teleport my dinos do not appear at the destination. they are found usually 40 - 50 foundation lengths away. like really far away. I have had to use owl vision and modified groups to find them. Please has anyone else had this happen and how did you fix it.

The only time we have had this happen is on our Ab server doesn't matter how many dino's could be 1 could be 4 but like you describe they are no where near the TP pad. Even though they are still there you can run into their invisible body but it flashes  images of the dino/dino's else where. When it does happen and if you can find said dino you have to pin it in place with another dino so in our case either rockdrake or reaper. Then you can walk up to it and hit E to get on it where ever you have pinned it down and not on the teleporter.  The only way we are able to teleport a dino safely is with someone sitting in the saddle and another teleporting to where ever.  All of our teleporters have been inplace since teleporters came out and was never a issues before. It started to happen a little before when they released the patch that they had to turn off the decay timers so don't know what they messed up.

On 6/7/2019 at 10:32 AM, FRM17 said:

If your first tele is within range a dino leash, Dino's will sometimes glitch when teleported because they think they still need to be within the leash. If this is the case, head in a straight line from the second tele to the first, you'll find the dinos stuck on the first obstacle in between the two teles.

Thank you FRM18 the DINO LEASH was glitching my dinos!!! OH THANK GOD. 

• 3 months later...

Yeah we couldn’t figure out what was happening to our teleported dinos, all flyers. I was walking out of the barn earlier today and saw the name of a wyv we had lost underneath the ground. We managed to “follow one” and got it out. Then we were headed off base with a bunch of mats and 2 argys and they didn’t teleport with my tribemate but they magically appeared at opposite sides of the Dino leash. You have to make sure you mount them then dismount even after turning off the Dino leash because ours still had the lock above their head showing they were within the Dino leash. 

Ok I got a question,  do you have a leash on at your base that encompasses your teleporter?

if you do, reduce the range so the teleporter is no longer in the leashes range. Or move the leash, or else you will have massive problems hunting down animals.

i had to chase down several animals before I figured that out.  And when I found them they would blank and appear closer to my original location ,  get close, poof and they appeared closer to base again....

Archived