I know I play too much ARK when in real life:

Aushegun

1 hour ago, BlueberryJackal said:

It may not fit here, but when we graduate from school, we have to do presentation about something scientific. And i still have about two years left. We already had a small lecture about this. Since then i am thinking a lot about the topic, i want to use for the preentation. Currently i am stuck with Dinosaurs.

Now imagine this. I am doing the preparations for this, i am writing all the stuff i know about different dinosaurs, different species, different classification and so on. And pretty much all I know about dinosaurs, all the knowledge is from a VIDEO GAME.

I would highly recommend not using a video game to base knowledge off of, especially Ark. Best to use scientific journals when researching stuff like this.

4 hours ago, AngrySaltire said:

I would highly recommend not using a video game to base knowledge off of, especially Ark. Best to use scientific journals when researching stuff like this.

I know. I still have a lot of time. I havent even started. 

And we also have to link the source. It wouldnt be very intelligent, to use the dino dossiers as source for a scientific work.

9 hours ago, BlueberryJackal said:

It may not fit here, but when we graduate from school, we have to do presentation about something scientific. And i still have about two years left. We already had a small lecture about this. Since then i am thinking a lot about the topic, i want to use for the preentation. Currently i am stuck with Dinosaurs.

Now imagine this. I am doing the preparations for this, i am writing all the stuff i know about different dinosaurs, different species, different classification and so on. And pretty much all I know about dinosaurs, all the knowledge is from a VIDEO GAME.

honestly i learned more about dinosaurs and prehistoric creatures from this game then i ever did school. i was in another game besidesark and someone was like "I need to find a gigantopithecus, what sort of monster is that?" so i was like "Giant monkey" and they were like "nerd"

As long as you dont start developing the temptation to club and knock out random strangers so you can access their inventories and see if they have any goodies on them. I would say it is at that point that you need to start worrying. Also downing a pint of beer doesnt give you the same properties as it does in ark ?, although you may feel that it does.

On 6/1/2019 at 6:46 PM, BlueberryJackal said:

I know. I still have a lot of time. I havent even started. 

And we also have to link the source. It wouldnt be very intelligent, to use the dino dossiers as source for a scientific work.

Yeah Unfortunately the most accurate part about ark's rendition of the dinosaurs they use are their scientific names in the dossier. Majority of the other stuff you are better off with google. Even the way a lot of the dinosaurs look are for aesthetics and not for scientific accuracy. Just look up how Dilophosaurus actually looked and you will see the kind of stuff ark gets wrong, Namely look at the size they are supposed to be compared to a human.

It is a game after all. Would be cool if they did try to make it as accurate as possible, but hey.

Archived