It's Just A Game

Jemcrystal

It's Just A Game

Get a grip.  Games are not real.  These pixels don't have souls.  They are not important.  The real life people you gather around you also decay and get deleted.  They are what matter.  Pay attention to them more than your cyber fun time.  You loose something in a game go hug someone in real life.  Don't even tell them why.  Just say, "Cause you're what matters."

Very true, game addiction is a real problem and is now recognised by the WHO. If you can't cope with being away from this game or any other please seek medical advice.

https://www.who.int/features/qa/gaming-disorder/en/

What is gaming disorder?

Gaming disorder is defined in the 11th Revision of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD-11) as a pattern of gaming behavior (“digital-gaming” or “video-gaming”) characterized by impaired control over gaming, increasing priority given to gaming over other activities to the extent that gaming takes precedence over other interests and daily activities, and continuation or escalation of gaming despite the occurrence of negative consequences.

For gaming disorder to be diagnosed, the behaviour pattern must be of sufficient severity to result in significant impairment in personal, family, social, educational, occupational or other important areas of functioning and would normally have been evident for at least 12 months.

The official game encourages this mind set, especially the decay rates and breeding timers. I dont think I have ever encountered a game like it where if you dont play consistently you loss everything. This game is best experienced where this is not a factor.

8 minutes ago, SnowboundGem said:

Has something happened to prompt this post? If I get stressed about a game very rarely in 38 years I just don't play it, very simple to me. 

The outcry from the latest round of legacy server removal. People put alot of effort in and then get annoyed when their server is wiped, despite knowing that playing on a legacy server is a ticking time bomb.

4 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

The outcry from the latest round of legacy server removal. People put alot of effort in and then get annoyed when their server is wiped, despite knowing that playing on a legacy server is a ticking time bomb.

WC made a big error in allowing Legacy servers to continue beyond the Early Access.

They should have been removed as soon as EA finished like any other game does.

59 minutes ago, AngrySaltire said:

Gotcha. People I've seen complaining and they have a point to an extent wc gave other server wipes longer to move, but if I knew as they did it was due to happen again I would have had everything ready to go anyway.

Other people complaining because they don't read and just people complaining because they like the way it makes them feel special when people comment.

It's so hard to keep up.

Ha ha! I had this conversation last night on ark. My father visited me so I put my controller and headset down for 20 minutes. When I came back a theri had eaten my 210 wyvern that I'd left outside. It was black and dark purple, absolutely gorgeous. When my tribe mates asked about it (from the tribe log) they were shocked and in disbelief at how calm I was, but my dad doesn't visit often, so it was worth it ?

1 hour ago, Snipsnip said:

When my wife and I would get wiped on small tribes constantly and get completely stressed out my young son just said I thought you played games for fun. Wise beyond his years that boy. 

Little does he know that fun is a result of doing things. But the best games are the ones that make you express other emotions.

Archived